E200 Can't play MMS (amr) Sound Files!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I posted a couple of weeks ago that you can't add or create new sounds in Multi Media Messages on the E200, but I didn't realise until today, that the phone can't even play back MMS's properly!!!

A mate just sent me an MMS with sound, the text and the picture are there, but no sound? when I went to "Save Media" the amr sound file is there, it let's you save it. I can see the file in my phone, but I can't play it!

NOT IMPRESSED!

Posted from my QuiteCleverPhone!

i have a clip of the new mercedes x3(amr), not even the first second of sound plays. iv tried copyin the file several times.

the hard thing to believe it works fine on my friends nokia 6600!!

:evil:

Guest sbsdegb1

Nope they don't work. Found this out 1st day I had my E200 when someone sent me an MMS and I couldn't play the sound file.

Bit pissed off especially as Orange gave me 150 MMS to use in my first month. Plus 20 every monthe thereafter.

Can send pics but thats it.

Not impress either. But until it gets fixed we are stuck with it. Not too impressed with the implementation of BT either. but thats a whoile different story.

Guest shadamehr

Perhaps its not entirely the fault of Orange, as AMR is a bit of a proprietory codec, and even the humble PC has a convertor application available for it to allow you to play them on it.

That said however, it is part of the 3GPP implementation specs for MMS... So Orange, HTC, and M.S. ARE at fault in some way!

So, is there any app available for the SPV that will convert them from AMR to wav or mp3?

If not,can anyone push for one with friends that are suitably qualified to maybe make one?