What will happen if the battery runs out of charge?

Guest shampoo

Guest shampoo

Hi

I have just seen a message on my SPV E200 saying the battery is low and to prevent data loss, I should recharge it now. I have a compaq Ipaq and when that completely runs out of charge, everything you have ever put on the ipaq is lost (with the exception of contacts for some reason) - will I lose stuff if the phone runs out of charge as well?

Matt (desperately hoping to find a working car charger soon!)

I'm not entirely sure about this for the e200 - but with the e100, mine ran out of battery a few times, & gave me that warning message, but it never actually did anything! Hasn't happened with e200 yet, so can't say for sure ...

Well I haven't let the e200 run out yet, but it happened to me a few times with my original spv, a few times I got away with no damage, but twice the phone had hard reset itself, so I had to de-certify again and re-install everything. This also happened to me after a crash and battery pull.

Kevlar

Guest AdrianFRST

I've let my E200 go flat to the point of switching itself off, and I've not lost anything. It's just the same as turning it off as normal.

I have plugged it in as soon as it it turned off though, so maybe leaving it longer would cause it to loose data?