UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

Could there be some 3rd party app that you installed that's causing the lock-up problem?? I can't imagine that a clean copy of the updated ROM is acting that bad. :lol:

I have not installed any apps or used an SD /MMC card.

The phone was upgraded from previous version of Orange UK firmware.

Lockup seems to happen when the phone is left unattended, without pressing any buttons.

Guest FrankSpencer

OK peeps - here's the deal;

1) Ringtones from SD card DO work, they need to be wav's in the root directory of the Card.

2) Ringtones from SD card only work as standard ringtones - custom ringtones for contacts need to be in the IPSM folder still

3) Custom ringtones only play for a contacts DEFAULT phone number, any secondary numbers play the default ringtone (this had me confused for ages as our home number was my wife's default contact)

Correct me if I'm wrong but item (1) is no biggie, but (2) and (3) are a complete pain in the arse - any way of sorting out these problems. Midnights tweaks are OK but they deal with default sounds, I want to set my contacts tones to ones on the SD card!!!

Guest tazdevil69
Anyone knows if the French Update contains the Italian T9 library?  

Thank you.  

Caio

Yes the french update contains the italian language and the t9 library

bye

GPRS dialling problem still exists.

Got an error message on my phone after trying to connect several times at work, and there is an Orange BTS on the roof of the building.

Worked ok when I got home though.

Anyone else still having GPRS problems ?

I just updated my classic SPV with French Update v1.6.

With v1.5 when I was starting dialing and composing the name of the person I need to call, the list of the corresponding names included also the contact I have on the SIM.

With v1.6 I don't see the SIM contacts in that list!!! Just the phone ones... is there any workaround the have that feature again?

Thank you,

CaioI just updated my classic SPV with French Update v1.6.

With v1.5 when I was starting dialing and composing the name of the person I need to call, the list of the corresponding names included also the contact I have on the SIM.

With v1.6 I don't see the SIM contacts in that list!!! Just the phone ones... is there any workaround the have that feature again?

Thank you,

Caio

@PsychoDave

That's not what I want to do. I was using my sim contact perfectly before v1.6 and I'd like to use them also with v1.6.

Thank you howerer.

Any other suggestion?

Thank you.

Caio

Hi

I just used the ROM patcher and UK version from Orange site. It took 3 times to work, first 2 times it just stopped mid upgrade (second time at 93%).

At first had trouble running some applications, but after messing around a bit it worked.

Used the techniques given to backup appointments and contacts.

Although for SMS backup I didn't manage to replace the cemail.vol file, so I just changed the value in the registry to point to a new file.

I don't make use of a lot of features but am happy with this update so far. Menus are faster. Got a character counter (so that frees up the space of Orneta notepad). Things that I'd like is to be able to set T9 to another language. I hope battery life isn't worse.

Guest rogerbates
OK peeps - here's the deal;

1) Ringtones from SD card DO work, they need to be wav's in the root directory of the Card.

2) Ringtones from SD card only work as standard ringtones - custom ringtones for contacts need to be in the IPSM folder still

3) Custom ringtones only play for a contacts DEFAULT phone number, any secondary numbers play the default ringtone (this had me confused for ages as our home number was my wife's default contact)

Correct me if I'm wrong but item (1) is no biggie, but (2) and (3) are a complete pain in the arse - any way of sorting out these problems.  Midnights Tweaks are OK but they deal with default sounds, I want to set my contacts tones to ones on the SD card!!!

The way that I have done it using Midnights tweaks means that I can now have the Ringtones on the SD card for contacts and for the default sounds, the way I did it was like this;

1. opened PHM Registry Editor and selected;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->Control Panel-->Sounds-->Ringtone0-->;Values

Then edited the sound so that it pointed to one on the SD card, ie

Storage Cardringtone.wav

2. Next I changed the ringtone directory so that it pointed to the SD card too

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->Control Panel-->Sound Categories-->Ring-->Values

Then changed the path in directory to the same one as my default ringtone ie

Storage Card

Then turned off my phone and turned it back on again and I could then select Ringtones from my SD card for contacts. The only downside to this is that when you try and set the SMS, Email etc tones in the Settings menu the phone freezes. But you can solve this by downloading Jeyo Personlizer for free from here;

http://www.jeyo.com/products/JeyoPersonalizer.asp

Which lets you set the tones for SMS, Email etc and also the default ring from any wav file on the phone or SD card (so no need to edit the registry every time you want to change that!) It works fine for me and all my tones are now stored on the SD card.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

An option i noticed the other day:

Programs > Settings > Telephony > Call Options > Uncheck "Automatically filter SIM contacts".

No idea if it'll work but it seems to imply that it will cause the problem you're having....

An option i noticed the other day:

Programs > Settings > Telephony > Call Options > Uncheck "Automatically filter SIM contacts".

No idea if it'll work but it seems to imply that it will cause the problem you're having....

It seems with v1.6 it doesn't work.

Tryed enabling and disabling and rebooting the phone but no luck :lol:

This bug is really pissing me off as I can't identify who's calling when I have its number on the sim....

Caio

Guest thornton

In the very first post on page 1 of this thread, Monolithix said

My source says:  

I don't call Thursday 'early in the week'.

Does Monolithix's source, or anyone else, know when the backup tool will finally be made available? The Orange site is still saying "week commencing 15 December" - which means it could be today or tomorrow.

Any concrete information anyone?

In the very first post on page 1 of this thread, Monolithix said

I don't call Thursday 'early in the week'.

Does Monolithix's source, or anyone else, know when the backup tool will finally be made available? The Orange site is still saying "week commencing 15 December" - which means it could be today or tomorrow.

Any concrete information anyone?

No sign of the backup tool, and no sign of an announcement either. It is situations like this that really f**k consumers off. Orange obviously know that they are running a bit late with the backup tool (Friday is hardly early in the week!), so what is the problem with keeping us informed?

A simple update on the web site, a simple message to these forums. Not rocket science for a high technology telecommunications company or is it...

MrOrange I think you have might have something to say to us...

Solo

Does everyone have the battery lifetime' problem since 1.6? Mine's terrible, I would hardly ever get the "low battery" popup' message, now it comes almost every day..? Wonder if it is the phone looking for network more often than before.

Having same probs here as a few people with the 1.61 update. The 156 guys at O had a few tips which I hadn't thought of at first.

1. If you're connecting via USB through a hub, that can cause problems. Try installing the update with a direct USB connection instead.

2. Disable, or preferably exit, any anti-virus software you maybe running.

I am currently trying to upgrade software for the third time, following the phone freezing half way down the homescreen post upgrades.

Hope this will work.

However, the 156 guy did give me his extension number and offer to replace the handset if the upgrade doesn't work this time (without my having handset insurance.... must be Christmas!).

Guest wishgiver

:evil: GGGRRRR well looks like us ME windows users don't get the upgrade again for the E100

last upgrade I was able to do with a bit of jigery pokery by going into the French Orange site and running it from there.

Does anyone know if this is possable this time and if so what the instuctions are as I don't remember what I did last time. Thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

I would not try it on a PC running that did not have XP or 2k,

unfortunaltly MS as such do not support older (obsolete) versions of Windows anymore and they are the ones that approve the update.

You are not alone I have ME on one of my systems and cannot justify the cost to upgrade to a XP, then again if ME works fine for me why should I?

Guest rcperez

Coming from QTEK 1.50

- Ascii or extended characters are now gone

- When you dial a number it shows the container as well as alphanumeric

equivalent, now it only shows the alphanumeric (now you need to Search

manually for the ovner of the number or redial it and view contact)

- Phantom SMS still exist if you deleted an unread msg with delete all

- Battery life is much longer, i don't know why others are complaining about their phone batt life, but mine did prolonged the life of the batt.

- Faster menu response

- Faster everything

- Program Menus are already up to 9 before it was only 8

Can anyone help me with the first three? Please PM me thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.