UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

Guest siu99spj

Great, so I have to wait yet ANOTHER week before I can upgrade my phone.

Unlike most people I don't sync with Outlook (For the simple reason I don't want to). This means I have to rely on Orange being sensible and releasing updates I can actually use without loss of data.

Mind you, I remember the days of the ORIGINAL unlock method, the one where you had to erase your IPSM and then prey you could replace the files in time? Those were the days...

Guest morpheus2702

Why not:

copy your IPSM folder

synch your contacts with Outlook just the once

do the upgrade

synch your contacts back

add in the files from your original IPSM folder

Just an idea.

Guest NeilStewart

Faultless and much-appreciated upgrade; 02 SIM also now reports network as 02 - UK rather than BT Cellnet.

Can anyone help with this though.... where do I store my ringtones on the SD card to enable the Sounds settings to see them?

thanks for your help!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

siu99spj: You could always copy your contacts to your SIM...

ferret: From what i've heard, the Italian GPRS networks are the only ones to use PAP authentification (or whichever is the type not used everywhere else), so nothing to worry about for the majority of people....

Guest kyrkesmith

Yeah, lets hope they do release 2003 to us for our SPVs and E100s (and maybe even MPx200s?).

Finally got it working, after a bit of s*** with getting stuck on canary screen. Don't know if that had anything to do with using the sync-and-charge cable, or removing the SD whilst installing update. Thanks to Mr O and Will in chat - all sorted now.

Still not as speedy as MPx200 though :lol:

Guest FrankSpencer

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I truly feel deeply sorry for anyone having problems installing this on their phones :wink:

SPEEEEEEED :shock:

Guest TANKERx

Just a note for those who may have had my experience..... Decerting just wouldn't work. I sent it five times last night from the Orange web site and got the big bupkiss.

But when I installed the Keyboard drivers this morning, it decerted automatically.

Guest siu99spj
Will this update work with windows Me??? I know that last update had a wrkaround for different operating systems.

I know someone in this thread used it fine in 98SE so its worth a shot but don't gun me down if it screws up!

Guest neilfenstein

It works its great ringtones on the SD card. Just plonk them in the My Documents folder on you SD card and there they are in the sound settings menu.

And to think I was moaning this morning about this not being part of the upgrade! :lol:

I have just tried the update. The install gave an error, after the handset rebooted, said to retry the setup.

The handset is now stuck on the Canary MV screen. I now seem unable to use the install as the PC can't connect to the handset (cos its on Canary screen?)!

I have tried taking off battery/rebooted handset etc to no avail.... ARRRGGGH!!

Help!

Can I put a friends SIM (who is on a different network with a Nokia) in my phone so I can do the OTA decert without messing up my phone or his sim??

My sms service isn't working in my area with my carrier and I want to decert without messing anyones phone up....

Thanks!

I'm on C&W guernsey network and am having problems decerting also. where are the settings for the internet pass through? cause when I goto the OTA decert site it does'nt even try to connect to my phone via my broadband connection??!

Oh btw great update (bar this becert prob) I love the ringtones on SD :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.