UK/FR/DK 1.61 Update is here!

Guest Monolithix

Guest rcperez

Did the update with the on the cradle Decertify with Orange - All went well, till the next Hard Reset anyways.

If you want to decertify your 1.6 UK Rom i found this neat patch (translated from German)

Rome Patcher update Anonymous made a new Patcher available punctually to the new ROM relase also. With this Tool it is to be dezertifizieren possible easily and way the ROM. read more here... Here again the guidance for the patchen: 1. Download at Rome updates for your DEVICES (e.g. SPV ROM update) - loads to yours turns out suitable update with orange/smart etc.. 2. Unzip the Rome updates (it's extension is exe even it CAN unzipped using winzip) - unpack the Rome file with entpacker (even if it is a exe file, it can with winzip unpacked to become) 3rd run the contained Rome updates (e.g. CaUpdateUt.exe) - lead in (by that unpack developed) the folder existing the exe screen where you GET the from (e.g. CaUpdateUt.exe) 4th Click "NEXT one" until you reach asked tons of by form the upgrade from ROM version X ton of version Y (e.g. 1,35 tons of 1,35) - presses "NEXT one" up to the screen, where you get said that you implement an update of version x after y (e.g. (1,35 tons of 1,35) 5th Now run the SmartPhoneROMPatcher.exe (down load here), SELECT the NK.nbf file (thus contained into the downloaded Rome updates) and click on "Patch ROM". - now implement SmartPhoneROMPatcher.exe, select the NK.nbf file, in the folder of unpacked Rome is and click to "Patch ROM" 6. If you GET the message "ROM patched." all is fine and you CAN continue with the ROM update as usual. - if you the message get "ROM patched", then all ok and you are can the update process continue as usual

The Patcher is here:

http://www.students.mu-luebeck.de/~bethke/...eROMPatcher.rar

Already did mine, using a Smart Amazing Phone, from Qtek 1.50 to Orange 1.60 No Simlock, No App Lock even after Hard Resetting :lol:

Guest squippo

For those interested. I just intalled midnights speedboost's and it hasnt seemed to do much at all. maybe the tweaks that worked before the update have been used in the 1.6 rom already?

edit: On removing it, it seems to have speeded up my phone further! I am clicking on something and its opening in the blink of an eye.

Guest rogerbates

What has happened to the Custom Ring Tones for Contacts? Edited the registry so that I could select my ringtones on the SD card in my documents and it seemed to work fine :lol:

They all showed up when I selected a Custom Ring Tone in contacts and I was able to select them no problem.

Just to check I used my girlfriend's phone to call me now I know that the Custom Ring tone thing is a bit random so was expecting to have to ring a few times...

Called over 20 times and it played the default one everytime! :x

I have since tried this with other contacts and now the custom ringtone NEVER rings :evil:

AM I stuck with just one ringtone for everyone? Has anyone else had it working?

Guest rikconaghan

i have to admit that i am a bit miffed :oops: :oops: about the custom ringtones problem. if you want to use lots of different ringtones (presuming you still have to store them in the ipsm) then this is impossible, you will use up your phones storage in the blink of an eye! any body any ideas on this?? any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!! :lol: :D

Guest neilfenstein

dont know if it did this before and only saw it at 6 this morning when my reminder went off but it makes the LED flash faster! quite cool i thought.

Midnights speedy menu works cos you can see the difference between the sliding and pop up menus!

I had also noticed the extra options for contacts on the texting contact selector.

And as far as T9 goes it just seems to be as selective with what it saves as before!

Battery life though, I took my phone off charge yesterday morning at 6 this morning at 9, a day and night later, I still have three bars of battery!!

Astonishing as I have sent quite a few texts and had a few 5 minute calls!

Excellent work Orange this Update is going to keep me well happy until the MPX220 is out!!!

Guest legalbeagle

This has not worked. Does this mean i have an expensive door stopper if i do not have orange care??

I had the same problem. martin (above) recommended searching for other ways of fixing the problem: eg error 101 by using another computer (this had not worked for me).

I sorted the problem by getting 156 to send me a new SPV (I do not have Orange care - but was friendly, calm & patient and they were nice back!). In the end, if Orange's update ruins your phone, Orange will have to sort it out for you.

Guest benjymous

I was getting the 101 error too, and was about to give up, but as a last resort decided to try my charge & sync usb cable (that's usually used as my car charger) and it seems to be working fine. Guess it doesn't like my cradle

Guest rogerbates

Just want to confirm that T9 still doesn't work

Got up this morning and all my stored words had gone :cry:

I was hoping that I'd get lucky and it would work despite others saying that it didn't.

Guest benjymous

It's been mentioned other places, but one really simple sollution to the T9 dictionary is to create a message, type all the words you want it to remember (using multitap), and save a draft (don't put in a number in the to: box, so you don't accidentially send it - or better still type "T9 words" or something up there)

Next time you notice that the T9 words have been forgotten, just re-open the saved message in the drafts folder, then postpone it again, and it should re-remember all the words

Guest rogerbates

rikconaghan wrote:

i have to admit that i am a bit miffed   about the custom ringtones problem. if you want to use lots of different ringtones (presuming you still have to store them in the ipsm) then this is impossible, you will use up your phones storage in the blink of an eye! any body any ideas on this?? any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!!    

I used Midnights Tweaks to change the Ringtone directory to one on the SD card. Then you can select the contacts and set the custom ring tone from the SD card no problems.

The only downside to this is that Sounds in the settings menu freezes and crashes the phone if you try and select it. So I use Jeyo Personlizer (which is free!) to change the sounds for SMS, Email etc and for the main ringtone as this lets you choose sounds from anywhere.

That worked fine before 1.6, now however although it seems to work the Custom Ringtones just don't ring at all now! :roll:

I thought that 1.6 would make ringtones on the SD card easier, but in fact it seems to have prevented it altogether.

Guest rogerbates

benjymous wrote:

It's been mentioned other places, but one really simple sollution to the T9 dictionary is to create a message, type all the words you want it to remember (using multitap), and save a draft (don't put in a number in the to: box, so you don't accidentially send it - or better still type "T9 words" or something up there)  

Next time you notice that the T9 words have been forgotten, just re-open the saved message in the drafts folder, then postpone it again, and it should re-remember all the words

I tried that, it did work for a few months then for no apparent reason it just stopped working.

I tried redoing it several times from scratch but it just didn't work anymore. Has anyone had this method working long term?

It may work again now that the phone has been wiped but don't want to start doing it if two months down the road I am back in the same position.

It is a basic error on the SPV, I have never known a phone with T9 that doesn't save the words!

Guest aristoBrat
has anyone else had problems with the backlight staying on for about 40 secs? checked the settings and the reg and they're ok.

Yup -- noticed that coming home in the car last night. Would end a call, set the phone on the passenger seat, and the backlight, which is set to 5 seconds, would stay on for 30-40 seconds. :lol:

I have the same problem with the backlight. It stays on for 40 seconds even when set to 5. If you reboot its reverts back to 5 seconds, but then goes to 40 again after some time. I actually thought it was something to do with the battery tester program as it seemed to happen after checking the battery. Today it stayed at 5seconds but I havent used the phone much

Guest aristoBrat
I have the same problem with the backlight. It stays on for 40 seconds even when set to 5. If you reboot its reverts back to 5 seconds, but then goes to 40 again after some time. I actually thought it was something to do with the battery tester program as it seemed to happen after checking the battery. Today it stayed at 5seconds but I havent used the phone much

Hmmm, I'll have to check that -- I was running the battery tester program too.

I'm new to the SPV e100 world (had one for a week today!) and am very curious about the battery life, so the battery tester program is almost my 'home screen' nowadays! :lol:

Guest aristoBrat
this has only happened since the update the other day, original spv.

what's this battery testing program?

I'm using beersoft's Battery Monitor 0.7 here...

hello.

i have a SPV E100 unlocked in Portugal with Vodafone and i had the i-mate rom previously installed and now i upgraded, without any problems, to the new orange rom, and decerted it with No Warez program...

well, first of all it has a nice speed improvent, relative to the imate rom... but... i really miss the IAalbum... this PictureManager really sucks :x , but having MSN Messenger full working it's really nice :D.

programs load faster and i noticed that now, right here in my place, i used to have only 2 or 3 bars for network coverage, but now i have the 4 bars!

i think it's a nice job from the guys of orange... :lol:

cheers!

Guest jstockton

Since updating, when my phone goes into screen saver mode and turns the screen off, the phone seems to freeze and cannot be woken up, no matter what I press! The only way to get my phone to do anything is to remove the battery and start again.

This has happened three times today and I know for a fact I never saw this before updating. Has anybody else had this problem?

Guest Pagemakers

Got up this morning and all my stored words had gone :cry:

I was hoping that I'd get lucky and it would work despite others saying that it didn't.

GOBSMACKED - Absolutely fuc***g gobsmacked.

How on earth can they mess up bug fix after bug fix.

Who is responsible for this pathetic effort.

I can't type anymore because I can't find the words for my expletives.

Truly shocking piss poor performance.

Guest rcperez

:lol: I installed my Orange 1.6 update with the SmartphoneRomPatcher and everything went smooth. Longer battery life at around 32hrs and up. Greater Signal reception no more, stuck in search mode. Faster menu and the works.

:oops: The downside is that it take twice as long to boot and shut down, not that biggie. If you try erasing all your unread sms, it will not reset the number of new sms in your homescreen (well for me it did happened anyways, and was unable to reset it and lastly i cant make my GPRS/MMS to work with Globe Telecoms services.

I already did the Qtek 1.50 update before, had my GPRS/MMS running on Globe Telecoms and have all the settings in hand :idea: , but when it comes to the 1.6 i cant seem to make it go. Any suggestions guys? I'm currently using Smart Amazing Phone, Sim Unlocked, Application Unlocked (via SmartphoneRomPatcher),Orange UK Update 1.60 ROM from QTEK 1.50 :?: .

Have anyone else tried to use GPRS/MMS with non Orange sim?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.