No Support

Guest marf

Is there any reason why there is little to no support for the i600 and the forums have tumble weeds blowing by? The MPX200 is very popular and its the same damn thing! Anyways I was just curious. Thanks.

Guest ingrambw

My thoughts exactly, I can't even get a simple yes or no answer on if there is a way to setup a syncronized files folder for your smartphone like every other Windows Mobile device!

Guest aristoBrat
My thoughts exactly, I can't even get a simple yes or no answer on if there is a way to setup a syncronized files folder for your smartphone like every other Windows Mobile device!

Not with ActiveSync -- you can only do Calendar, Tasks, Inbox and Contacts. No Avantgo, Favorites, Files, Notes, Pocket Access or Tasks.

Guest nickcornaglia
Is there any reason why there is little to no support for the i600 and the forums have tumble weeds blowing by? The MPX200 is very popular and its the same damn thing! Anyways I was just curious. Thanks.

There seems to be a total of 12-20 i600 users on this forum....at the most. Most here at Modaco are UK members under Orange.

Although the MPX200 shares the same OS...it is not the same phone.

It is a GSM phone under ATT. It is able to be SIM Unlocked and used under any GSM carrier. The phone is also hugely popular because of it's price, though I dont know why anyone would sign onto AT&T. In addition the phone was just released in the UK under Orange. So add the 1000s of users there as well.

The i600 is limited to only Verizon customers in the US. Only those brave enough to buy the phone. Only those who have not brought it back or sold it on ebay.

Any questions you have about the Smartphone OS can be asked and answers found in the Help & Advice, Main and Articles Sections as well as the FAQ. This section is for i600 specific questions.

Again, since there are not alot of i600 users here....you need to be patient as the 1000s of other users who visit these threads may not know the answers.

There's not much about the i600 that makes it unique as a smartphone other than it's funky application locked status. Otherwise...it's the same as all of the rest. (with the 2002 OS) with the added exception of accessories.

Here is a review comparing both devices...

http://www.techworthy.com/Laptop/Test-Trac...2004.htm?Page=2

In my opinion the i600 wins. The only reasons the MPx200 won in the review is style and price.

Ask away...I, with the help of other users, will try to answer all of your questions. Just keep in mind the generic OS questions are better asked in the appropriate forums.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Guest nickcornaglia

This is a good example of questions asked in the wrong forum. You asked yours in "Off Topic - General Chat". No one will answer it there...unless you find a good samaritan (like aristobrat)! I hope he answered your question. :wink:

Guest Skitals

encece hit it on the head. That and this site doesnt have many members from the States. The onle "American" smartphone site that I know is SmartphoneThoughts and their i600 forum is more popular then the mpx200 forum :lol:

I also agree with encece that the i600 won that face-off review. Now, if the mpx200 was cdma and on verizon, it would be a different story maybe. As far as Im concerned though, a phone can only be as good as the service it has. Otherwise its just useless.

As far as Im concerned though, a phone can only be as good as the service it has. Otherwise its just useless.
I'm a new i600 user in utah. I definitely agree about service quality, and verizon is the only carrier that is decent here in utah. I just left t-mobile (formerly voicestream) because I couldn't get signal in far too many places.

Sorry guys we really do try to help with these devices, but as they are unavailable to us in the UK, it's hard to give specific answers..

(and most people try to only reply to questions with 'known' and 'correct' solutions, or keep silent!!)

I'm sure encece will help all he can, and for more generic OS queries, you can always pm myself or any of the other moderators, but as we don't have the devices (and with the exception of Paul, have never seen one!!) we might not be able to help that much!

For this reason, posting links to helpful articles on other forums is ok at the moment, until there is a large enough userbase to help you here!!!

Obviously NO warez or piracy site references will be torlerated!

Guest nickcornaglia

Hmmm. I thought that talking about other sites was a big no-no on here -- posts get deleted, blah blah blah??

Oh yeah! DELETE!

EDIT: Ooops Will....Just read your post. Sorry, the deed has already been done.

Most of the talk on the site mentioned is from Aristobrat and myself, as well as others. I was leaning on that site for the i600 as there is more participation there regarding specifics of this phone. I'll try to steer them this way as I'm getting tired of checking multiple forums. Most check this site as well anyway. I just makes sense to deal with one site.