Connection Settings for Phone

Guest mantleg

Guest mantleg

My SPV is configured to access the internet via a gprs setting and a dial-up setting in the data connections.

When the phone is configured to use gprs setting i can access some web sites. When it is configured to use dial up settings i can access web sites i could not access before.

what does dial up do differently to gprs and how do the costs work out if i use a dial up settings

HELP me i am cunfused!!

thanks

glenn

A dialup uses the GSM network and you are allocated a 9.6K data connection for which you charged for the duration of the call. The charges apllied will depend on what number you are dialing. A dialup to the WAP service may have inclusive minutes in your subscribed data pack with a very low cost afterwards whereas a dialup to independant ISP might have a very high cost per minute.

With GPRS you are charged only by the quantity of a data transferred (and not for connection time). If subscribed to a data pack then the first few Mbytes are usually free before a cost per Mbyte is applied.

You will need to check with your network provider for data charges and promotional data packs.