hep my joystick is actin weird

Guest magkono

Guest zeta101

do u have an e100? i have a weird problem with mine too. Sometimes when i press to go down it will do down and right diagnol or if i press up it will go up left. I might be like that for 5 mins then correct itself. do you have the same problem?

Guest kapitan jackal

@magkono- pag bumalik yung problema, i suggest dalin mo na sa service point (brightpoint) kung nasayo pa yung OR, good! may warranty yan for 1 year. pa check up mo para ok lagi yung unit mo :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest animasz2004

mogkono, dude i suggest you go for the warranty. i had my sap serviced by smart service center last nov 10, 2003. It was until 2nd week of jan 2004 they told me the whole keypad (which the joystick is a part of) needs to be replaced. apparently, they dont the have parts available yet but have placed their order already. so to date, im still using smarts service unit. hope that leaves you with other options. ciao.

Guest dinoalbert
mogkono, dude i suggest you go for the warranty. i had my sap serviced by smart service center last nov 10, 2003. It was until 2nd week of jan 2004 they told me the whole keypad (which the joystick is a part of) needs to be replaced. apparently, they dont the have parts available yet but have placed their order already. so to date, im still using smarts service unit. hope that leaves you with other options. ciao.

there are parts available....I just came from Brightpoint AliMall this afternoon and had my joystick replaced because like yours, it was acting wierd. It only took 1 hour for them to replace it...not only did they replaced my joystick, dinamay narin nila ang keypads and softkeys....all for free! Thanks for the warranty!

The funny thing is, my SAP is on a QTEK rom...sinubukan ko lang talaga dalhin sa BP kse tinatamad ako mag-flash ng Smart rom, i-openline uli, tapos ibalik uli sa Qtek.

Luckily for me, nakalusot...di siguro nila nalaman na open-line na SAP ko at hindi na Smart rom :lol: :D :(

@animasz - kulitin mo lang araw-araw ang Smart dyan sa inyo..sobrang tagal naman yata yun November pa hanggang ngayon di pa bumalik? Baka natutulog lang ang SAP mo sa Smart.

• 5 months later...

What if you got the phone 2nd hand? My friends Tanager Joystick is not functioning well...most prolly the unit still has warranty but we dont have receipt to show. Can they verify it by checking the IMEI or ROM version? I'm pretty sure it has a few months warranty to go.

Thanks in advance.