Which Bluetooth Dongle for E200

Guest alang

Can anyone recommend which USB dongle is best to use with the E200, I have read of Activesync problems etc. Any don't want fork out for something that won't work. Thanks

Following your advice I got the PenBlue dongle, but it won't pair with the E200 except for Audio and Dial-up-Networking, I assume i'm doing something wrong but what?

My MSI bluetooth adapter was delivered this morning and I am currently trying to work out how to use it. :?

The phone has been detected by the PC, but I haven't worked out how to actually use it yet. :oops:

One thing I have noticed, and will now try and get working, is that the installation software included an application called MSI Mobilet. It can't find my phone (yet) but it has buttons for 'Phone Book', 'SIM card', 'Calender', 'Melody', 'Short Message', 'Image' and 'Information'.

It is the 'Short Message' facility I am most interested in at the moment. If I can get it to send SMS from my PC, via my E200 I will be happy. Fingers crossed.

Forgot to mention one bizarre thing. I was listening to some music at the time using iTunes. When I started this MSI Mobilet programme, the volume dropped by about a 1/3. When I close the application the volume goes back up again - wierd!

Still can't do anything with my BT dongle, but now my phone seems to have been corrupted somehow (I think).

When I hold 'home' to access the '1,2,3 menu', pressing 3 to access Bluetooth doesn't take me to BT anymore, but to the 'Security' screen and '2 Disable SIM Lock'. :shock: :?

Guest mdw_cubed
Following your advice I got the PenBlue dongle, but it won't pair with the E200 except for Audio and Dial-up-Networking, I assume i'm doing something wrong but what?

I received my PenBlue dongle Saturday in the post. I followed the instructions posted on CoolSmartphone.com detailed at Bluetooth! E200? How?

Having followed everything to the letter, ActiveSync refused to work. :? I rebonded the E200, but this time instead of saying 'Yes' to the "This device supports headset profile...." bit, I read the message properly and answered 'No'. ActiveSync then worked straightaway. Maybe this will work for you. :)

It works great, but the distance as mentioned by other members is not particulary good.

Apparently there is a standard called 'ScatterNet' for Bluetooth where a Bluetooth device can act as a repeater extending the range of the Bluetooth network, but as yet I cannot find one.