Orange 1.6.1.02 available, anybody tried this update?

Guest Matrix_dot_ca

Guest spv_dman

I'm tempted to test it. Still doing some research if it's worth upgrading to this new orange rom :lol:

They're discussing it here.

One problem that I see is the application locking that orange rom has on its updates.

I read that a pinoy, rcperez, had it working. I'll keep you posted and make a SAP review ala Qtek :D

I upgraded my SAP from QTek 1.5 to Orange ROM 1.6. So far ok naman, no problems of what so ever.

Quick run through lang..

1. Phone remains sim-unlocked

2. Orange 1.6 is Apps locked. However this can be resolved in several ways.

_a. OTA via orange site

_b. Rom Patcher

_c. No Warez (i used this one)

for more indepth review, just wait for SPV_dman :lol:

Sa ngayon I'm using a Globe SIM over Orange 1.6 ROM. Everthing is working, MMS and internet (including MSN and POP3). I was also able to install back the essential apps like smart explorer, taskmanager (Orange 1.6 has one). Ritchie's Alarm plug-in and Twyx LCD plug-in also worked fine.

For non-smart users, this is a good alternative to QTek/Imate.

@sonborj

Ala lang just for curiosity. Sa totoo I'm very happy with Qtek. Ala akong masabi it's a good ROM release. Me mga claims kasi na improved GPRS stack and better reception...

PS: I think Qtek's IA Album is a little bit better than Orange's Picture manager.

Guest spv_dman
Ano pala is 'bad' with QTEK such that you want to transfer to Orange ROM?

There's some bugs still in the 1.5 Qtek ROM like SMS "no message tone on next unread message", phantom SMS, etc.

@xtinc,

have you noticed if this update gets rid of all these bugs?

:lol:

Guest SmartGuy
can this be installed directly over the smart rom ver 1.5?

baka kasi possible coz higher version yung maiinstall. don't you think?

it will really be nice if that is possible. hehe. better wait for somebody with 1.5 to try it out.

~ciao

Guest Jassper23

hello ako rin nag update okay naman siya and gusto ko and color and icon niya and meron pa siyang task manager...problem ko lang gusto kong balik muna sa smart rom kasi papapalitan ko pa ang call keyspano ba downgrade sa smart rom? para pag punta ko sa BP wala ng problem

Guest SmartGuy

@jassper23

that will be a problem. being the first to upgrade, you will have to do a trial and error with downgrade.

first of all, so that we can all assist you in your problem, what ROM were you using before you upgraded to the ORANGE rom? I guess it would also be impt how you did it.

You can probably try to do it using sir Mar's procedure on downgrading it.

~ciao

Guest Jassper23
@jassper23

that will be a problem. being the first to upgrade, you will have to do a trial and error with downgrade.

first of all, so that we can all assist you in your problem, what ROM were you using before you upgraded to the ORANGE rom? I guess it would also be impt how you did it.

You can probably try to do it using sir Mar's procedure on downgrading it.

~ciao

Not a big problem but my the call key is fading :lol:... I been using qtek 1.5 and for some reason I cannot update using smart 1.5 1.6 and 1.7 update that is why I have upgrade to orange update..for me okay ang orange type ko talaga kasi ang start up nya :D... and cool pa ang icon kaya mas type ko siya kesa qtek :) may be try ko nga Mar's procedure

@SPV

Yes the message tone bug is fixed :lol:

Di ko na check ang phantom SMS, di kasi naka-experience ng ganun ever since.

Me english T9 (but still can't permanently save custom text, sabi dun sa kabilang thread).

One thing that I observed na maganda, upon completion of mail sync, sending/recieving mms and MSN sign-off automatic the GPRS connection is terminated. A very nifty feature.

Ano pa ba?

ring tones on SD, sms counter, Me me bagong apps bukod sa task manager. Sound manager a program to record AMR and imelodies (ano yan??) at Orange Backup and Orange update which I did not bother to touch.

@jasper

To downgrade, I've read it somewhere that you have to install orange 1.3 first. Di ko pa na try to personally so just be carefull.

Guest spv_dman

I've installed the orange 1.6 ng my phone and used No Warez to decert it. Kinda feeling lazy now to do a comprehensive review but all I can say is there's a couple of fixes for sms:

1. No message tone on multiple SMS received - fixed!

2. Phantom SMS - still exists.

One downside, the IA Photo Manager and Camera is gone.

I still have to test the battery and some other stuffs. I'll update you guys of any significant findings. :lol:

**Edit: I've noticed that when I changed my homescreen, the phantom sms re-appeared. :cry:

Guest Jassper23
@SPV

Yes the message tone bug is fixed :lol:  

Di ko na check ang Phantom SMS, di kasi naka-experience ng ganun ever since.

Me english T9 (but still can't permanently save custom text, sabi dun sa kabilang thread).

One thing that I observed na maganda, upon completion of mail sync, sending/recieving mms and MSN sign-off automatic the GPRS connection is terminated. A very nifty feature.

Ano pa ba?  

ring tones on SD, sms counter, Me me bagong apps bukod sa http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager. Sound manager a program to record AMR and imelodies (ano yan??) at Orange Backup and Orange update  which I did not bother to touch.

@jasper

To downgrade, I've read it somewhere that you have to install orange 1.3 first. Di ko pa na try to personally so just be carefull.

ayaw din mag work na try ko na kasi and 1.3 ng smart and orange

Guest Jassper23
I upgrade from qtek 1.3 to 1,5 qtek and to orange 1,6 with rompacher and I have no broblem.

I have now qtek7070 with orange rom 1.6 without any lock.

yup upgrading your rom to orange 1.6 does not sim lock your SAP that will only application lock but can easily be unlock by visiting orange site

http://www.developers.orange.com/WorkingWi.../SPV/Unlocking/

what's the bootloader version of the orange 1.6?if i upgrade to the orange 1.6 rom and find that i dont like it pala,will i ever be able to go back to my qtek? or is it just a one way ticket like the 1.7?

what's the bootloader version of the orange 1.6?if i upgrade to the orange 1.6 rom and find that i dont like it pala,will i ever be able to go back to my qtek? or is it just a one way ticket like the 1.7?

bootloader is 0,97 so i think you can downgrade from 1,6 orange but I don't try it.