HERE ARE FULL O2 SETTINGS PAYG

Guest dingwalldemon

Guest uksimes
Cheers.. :)

more by luck rather than my ability it appears to be working..

Huzzah for me :) and thank you SO much for your patience..

M

now off to flog my two SPVC500's..

I am having real difficulties with Orange too.

I am a UK contract customer, using an IMATE SP5. Despite downloading the settings from Imate website I still cannot get MMS of GPRS/Internet to work.

Orange are next to useless, despite me telling them that the SP5 is the same as the C600, the refuse to help me.

I get "Error, Unable to place call" when trying to view Internet.

I get "Error, Unable to place call and then "Unable to send your message(s). Your message(s) will remain in your outbox" when sending MMS

Any ideas?!!?!?

Guest conan_troutman
I am having real difficulties with Orange too.

I am a UK contract customer, using an IMATE SP5. Despite downloading the settings from Imate website I still cannot get MMS of GPRS/Internet to work.

Orange are next to useless, despite me telling them that the SP5 is the same as the C600, the refuse to help me.

I get "Error, Unable to place call" when trying to view Internet.

I get "Error, Unable to place call and then "Unable to send your message(s). Your message(s) will remain in your outbox" when sending MMS

Any ideas?!!?!?

ok if you can post me any settings you know of i will write up a where to put them for you...then at least we can get them in the right place and placing the right type of calls so you can do what you need to then if it still fails you will need to have orange activate the services on your sim

cos that would be the only real reason left.

Guest uksimes
ok if you can post me any settings you know of i will write up a where to put them for you...then at least we can get them in the right place and placing the right type of calls so you can do what you need to then if it still fails you will need to have orange activate the services on your sim

cos that would be the only real reason left.

Cheers dude,

Basically, I have downloaded "Orange_Contract_UK_SP_V1.4.CAB" from the Imate Website, which "should" contain all the correct settings, however it still doesn't work. (I have attached the file)

A chap at Orange has spent 45 minutes on the phone to me today, swapping and changing settings around, so at present they are all messed up!!!

I am sure it did work before, and I am convinced I had the GPRS "G" in a square at the top of the screen, and when connecting I got a little "G" by the signal bar...... however tthe big "G" doesn't seem to appear now at all.

Orange say that GPRS Data Services are provisioned on my account, so basically I am knackered!!!

Any ideas?

Orange_Contract_UK_SP_V1.4.CAB

Guest conan_troutman
uksimes

I've sent you a PM :)

see what martins PM say s if still no joy I'll have alook later but i try not to use the cab installs they're always wrong

Guest nevawlkalone

If there is a problem with the O2 settings...i found my settings only worked if my phone had been switched on for a whie.

EG i was on a webby for about an hourish...battery died, charged it up in like half an hour and then tried it again and it wouldnt work.

Few hours later tried again and it worked. So for arguments sake i restarted my phone...tried the page and no joy, few hours later it worked!

Could just be it needs a while to register the settings etc... :)

Guest conan_troutman
If there is a problem with the O2 settings...i found my settings only worked if my phone had been switched on for a whie.

EG i was on a webby for about an hourish...battery died, charged it up in like half an hour and then tried it again and it wouldnt work.

Few hours later tried again and it worked. So for arguments sake i restarted my phone...tried the page and no joy, few hours later it worked!

Could just be it needs a while to register the settings etc... :)

doesn't work like that I am affraid if thats the case i think there might be a setting wrong in your setup check you have access set up to point at the connection you use and not automatic which will take time to scan and search for the correct entry ie trys fails moves to the next one

but if you leave it an hour to try the next one your creating the delay not the phone and settings

if it still having an hours delay after you try it a couple of times I would be asking O2 or your Phone dealer why

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SPV_LOVER
CANT POST THESE IN THE GPRS SETTINGS PAGE AS I AM NOT A MODERATOR. I HAVE TRIED LONG AND HARD TO GET MY SPV WORKING ON O2 AND I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT. I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE.

FULL O2 PAYG SETTINGS (300 FREE TEXT/WAP/GPRS)

REMEMBER TO CONTACT O2 TO ACTIVATE YOUR SIM FOR GPRS AND MMS

menu/settings/data connections

menu/edit connections/dial up connections

description - o2 csd

connects to - the internet

country code - 44

dialling code - 7712

phone number - 927927

username - payandgo

password - password

next..................

back to...

data connections

edit connections

go to 3 proxy connections

add

enter as follows

description - o2 wap proxy

connects from - the internet

connects to - wap network

proxy - 193.113.200.195

type Http

next............

go to GPRS connections

add

description - o2 GPRS

connects to - the internet

access point - payandgo.o2.co.uk

username - payandgo

password - password

primary dns - 0.0.0.0

secondary dns - 0.0.0.0

ip address - (leave this blank!)

next................

go to GPRS again

add

description - o2MMS

connects to - orange MMS

access point - payandgo.o2.co.uk

username - payandgo

password - password

primary dns - 193.113.200.200

secondary dns - 193.113.200.201

ip address - (leave this blank!)

next...............

go to internet explorer

menu/options/connections

uncheck auto detect settings

for select network change it to WAP Network

next................

programs/accessories/MMS setup

select o2 MMS

ip - 193.113.200.195

port - 9201

mmsc address - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

next..................

programs/settings/data connections

internet connection - o2GPRS

work connection - none

wap connection - o2GPRS

secure wap connection - none available

CONGRATS YOU NOW HAVE A FULL WORKING SPV ON O2

hi there i've had my spv e200 for about a year and no internet untill now so thanks for this

but in your guide you said in one of the bits "connects to - orange MMS" i no longer have this as i deleted it...?

Edited by SPV_LOVER

hi there i've had my spv e200 for about a year and no internet untill now so thanks for this

but in your guide you said in one of the bits "connects to - orange MMS" i no longer have this as i deleted it...?

So you can now get full WEB not WAP on o2 payg? :) ...if so im swiching to o2 :)

Guest conan_troutman

NO its an O2 limitation they only give web access to contract customers but you can work round it by putting WSP:// in place of t HTTP:// but you have do it for evey link and it only works on about 20% of web sites.

vodafone do full web access on payg