E200 Issues - Discussion

Guest Will

Guest badboy4life

The T9 issue: I dunno if its just a coincidence but my phone has been saving new words into memory fine for SMS's, yesterday I changed to MMS and composed and send, then when I went back to SMS it had lost all my saved words. I haven't soft reset it or anything. Now again its saving them fine into memory while i'm using SMS. So I was just thinking whether the T9 memory gets deleted whenever you change accounts in Pocket Outlook? Has anyone else noticed this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robbyb

How about an auto keypad lock?

I often forget to put the keylock on before I slip my E200 into my pocket, my E200 does like to initiate a call 'by itself'..!

Guest shadamehr
How about an auto keypad lock?

I often forget to put the keylock on before I slip my E200 into my pocket, my E200 does like to initiate a call 'by itself'..!

Makes not a lot of difference, because even when the keylock IS on, the action key/joystick, which protrudes, still allows a call to be answered - which is the key most prone to accidentally pressing in a bag or pocket anyway...

So until they fix THIS fault, your own issue is not gonna be resolved by it anyway.

BY THE WAY FOLKS... Does anyone know if Mr Orange is even going to READ this list?

It seems like we have all spent ages compiling the list - but what use if he isn't gonna read it?

Have you seen this Mr O - if so, can you confirm for us here?

Guest robbyb

Don't mind that so much. It seems that the chances of my pocket answering an incoming call before I answer are pretty slim.

I wouldn't consider this a fault, since other phones with a Keylock, or Auto Keylock still allow anykey answer - should an incoming call arrive.

It would still be nice to have an autokey lock, and should be easy for them to do (mabye in service pack 1 :) ).

Good point about people listening to us. Is there a mechanism for getting this all fed to HTC and Microsoft?

Otherwise, I'm very pleased with my E200. I was very unhappy until the discovery that the SD card drains the battery. Taking the SD card out is the easiest fix, and now the E200 is functionally the best phone I've had. Three fixes would make this phone unbeatable:

1. Fix buzzing earpiece

2. Add auto keylock

3. Fix bluetooth so that I can bluetooth files to other bluetooth phones (without having to pay for additional software!)

Guest shadamehr

@ Robby ^

nah mate, you've got it wrong... The chances of it happening are a LOT more than slim - it happens all too often - as numerous members on here have complained about.

Let me quantify for you... See my signature below? That's a fairly long line of phones... Yet, worryingly the E200, is the first phone EVER to repeatedly answer calls without me knowing.

Mainly because of just how protruding the joystick is - it makes it a liability just waiting to happen - as reported all too often on here.

And forgive me, but if I may correct one of your comments (nicely of course), whilst all (or at least most) other phone keylocks allow a call to be answered without having to unlock the keypad first (of course), they do this only with one or at most, two specific buttons though - usually the answer call button, and sometimes also an 'Accept' softkey.

Both of which are usually no more protruding than the other buttons on the phone.

Compare and contrast this with the highly protruding joystick on the E200, and you'll see what I mean...

Guest robbyb

Ok S,

My trousers must be baggier!

It's gonna be a measure of my age but my phonography goes back to the old brick TACS phones like the Motorola 8100..! Never mind. I reckon it's still cool to be old.

I accept your comments and maybe we should also ask MS have a setting where "Button Answer" is selectable to any of perhaps the following options:

1. Any button including joystick

2. Any button except joystick

3. SND and END buttons only

Keep up the great posts!

Guest jackster222uk

the ability to stop the phone ringing without actually ending the call.... all phones have this (well my ericsson t39 did from 3 yrs ago)....

sometime u just done wanna answer a call... but u wanna stop it making a noise without letting anyone know u r screening them!!!

definite need not a wish

Guest superkingdave

probably me or something but i had it on my last spv aswell. when entering text for websites such as i am doing now with mobile modaco random words at the end of lines disappear, and then reappear when you press the delete button. its really annoying as i dont know whether they are still there and i can send the message or i have to sort it out. any one else have this problem?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest badboy4life
the ability to stop the phone ringing without actually ending the call.... all phones have this (well my ericsson t39 did from 3 yrs ago)....  

sometime u just done wanna answer a call... but u wanna stop it making a noise without letting anyone know u r screening them!!!

definite need not a wish

You can do this by just pressing the down volume button :)

Guest shadamehr
An update from Orange before end of February to sort out ALL of the above :?:   :roll:  

spacecowboy

No problem mate...

But, er, you did mean Feb 2005, yes...?

:wink:

Guest blueplanet

The ability to download files from IE.

A more easy way og navigating in mail, activesync and sms. It's really messed up.

Battery status default showing % time left at the homescreen status bar, when charging too.

The volume buttons on the side are too often pressed by accident, they should be harder to press. The volume should been shown on the status bar, not a full screen where you have to press "done" alle the time.

The ability to save file attachments in the inbox to where you want.

Xbar functionality default in the OS!

A easy way of swithing to T9, without going through the menu, and make T9 default if you want.

Much better control over buttonlight, backlight, blinking status light etc.

MP3 files as ringtones and alarms.

Ability to run more then one instance of each program at the same time, like running IE in 2 windows or more.

Backup functionality for the phone and all its settings and data.

MSN messenger working over bluetooth internet connection.

Outlook notes should sync as default!!

Test the sound quality of the phone before selling it! Can't belive how this buzzing problem can pass the tests. This should be a nr.1 priority to a phone: having great sound both ways.

Voicecall!

A socket to charge the phone without using the powercabel converter.

Sensor that swithes on the backlight when the phone is picked up.

Frames in IE! Plus flash etc.

Java built in!

MMS contact navigation should work as looking for contacts when making a call. Not having to scroll the whole list.

Ability to easy add shortcuts for all functions/folders etc. on the phone.

EDIT - Will - Added

Guest spacecowboy6982

No problem mate...

But, er, you did mean Feb 2005, yes...?

:wink:

Afraid not Shadamehr :). As was typed by Mr Orange, we should have an update 1st quarter of 2004 Of course, thats the end of March and ages away from now :roll:

Guest ultimasnake
Wishes:  

sms delivery reciepts  

sms delivery reciepts

This is in the e200 already... just goto (while making a new sms)

Menu > 4 Message Options.. there it is..

But i have some bugs too:

Sms

When attaching a long "midi"(whatever) ringtone as a Incoming message sound the sound keeps playing after you clicked to read the sms... (really anoying for me)

Really Awful dutch translation , Ringtones is called Site 1... which has nothing to do with it , i switched my smartphone to english and changed the T9 language with an application , but still this is an awfull thing
Windows media player

Beeing able to remove the WindowsMedia.asf which seems to find its way into your media player and play between to songs (when on random or ofcourse next in the list) from StorageMy DocumentsWindowsMedia.asf

Other

No looping Alarm (without midnights tweak)
Some request

When adding a contact , change the From in the inbox (from the unknown number to the known name)

Remove anoying games like Jawbreaker and Solitaire

EDIT - Will - Added

Guest blueplanet

Can't enter alarms for Outlook tasks! My old 3 year old Ericsson R380 could do that!

Need memory cleanup manager. Program memory often full with no apps running.

Get rid of that awful default.wav sound that comes up when going through menus. Why is it so loud? I had to put the system sound to Off to get rid of it.

Bluetooth handsfree profile missing!!!

Bluetooth handsfree interferance with all bluetooth headsets, even my Plantronics M3000 has some interferance, but works pretty good. The Jabra's are useless with this phone. But all the bluetooth headsets often don't cut in quick enough, and sometimes they don't cut in at all!

And I have to say this again: Bluetooth and the storagecard kills the battery!

EDIT - Will - Added

Guest shadamehr
sms delivery reciepts

This is in the e200 already... just goto (while making a new sms)

Menu > 4 Message Options.. there it is..quote]

(snipped)

Yes mate, but that's not what the complaint was...

Most of us are aware you can do a 'per message' request for delivery reports.

What is missing, in keeping with nearly all other handsets/brands, is a general - reports on/reports off option.

What you suggest, whilst perhaps unknown to some, is the very thing the rest where complaining about - having to do this for EACH message, instead of the more normal turn this on/turn this off option of other phones.

Guest MrZaphod

T9 SMS bug:

After a full stop the first letter of the next word is capitalised, now delete that letter and there's no way of you getting a capitalised letter again. It's not major bug, but if my Nokia 3210,7110 can do it why can’t orange’s flagship phone?

Guest ultimasnake
What you suggest, whilst perhaps unknown to some, is the very thing the rest where complaining about - having to do this for EACH message, instead of the more normal turn this on/turn this off option of other phones.

aha yeah i miss that too , setting it every time you sent a message.... :@

T9 SMS bug:

After a full stop the first letter of the next word is capitalised, now delete that letter and there's no way of you getting a capitalised letter again. It's not major bug, but if my Nokia 3210,7110 can do it why can’t orange’s flagship phone?

Press the *(t9) key once lightly, the corner icon will switch from t9 to T9. Thats the first letter of the next word you type capitalised. Another press will give you T9 which is caps lock. Or have i missed the point?

Guest MrZaphod
Press the *(t9) key once lightly, the corner icon will switch from t9 to T9. Thats the first letter of the next word you type capitalised. Another press will give you T9 which is caps lock. Or have i missed the point?

:oops: my bad. I'm obviously not vert good at this 'once lightly' thang!

Guest bikespod

There seems to be a problem surfacing with "Sharing violations" when using smart explorer you see question marks over the .lnk icons.

This seems to manifest itself as an inability to delete, uninstall program files and downloads by the normal method. See thread "help e200 with a "sharing violation"

My e200 is application unlocked and i recently had a replacement due to joystick woes, and the new one has the same prob. this may be due to one of the progs, so not sure if this issue belongs here. at least others may look into their menu lists and we can track down the cause, be it inherrant to the e200 or program/installation related.

EDIT - Will - ADDED

Guest mossywell

Couple of things that would be nice to have:

1. The ability to reassign the camera button to something else (how many times do I hit it by mistake!)

2. The call history should also display which line the call came in or was made on.

Apologies if this has already been added to the gargantuan list of requirements!

EDIT - Will - Added