spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest ultimasnake

Hey i just installed everything i need .. but get errors while compiling... here are 2 files.. the with the "2 bitmap errorsPocketQuake.vcl" is the first time i get the errors.. after using // to disable those 2 errors i get more errors (see "PocketQuake.vcl")

any idea?

darnit couldnt add the files.. in a zip file then :S

with the 2 bitmap errorsPocketQuake.zip

Guest ultimasnake

ah nice... :) thanks forgot about that..... how about those errors? :D... ok hangon i will zip the menu.h file.... maybe you can compile it for me? :S..

Guest exosyphen

You need EVC 3 and the Smartphone SDK.

It builds perfectly here, using those.

I checked the sourcecode before publishing it on my website and worked fine.

I am sorry, but unfortunately I do not have the time at this moment to help compiling it.

I have looked at the files you have attached me and it seems to me that you have messed with the resources ?

Guest ultimasnake

i only changed the menu.c.... also those errors where raised with a clean unzipped file :S

ok compiling with a new unzipped version (yours).. and when opening the project at first.. it tells me

D:****PocketQuake.rc(120)

error RC2135 :

File not found : imagestitlebar.bmp

D:****PocketQuake.rc (119):

error RC2135 :

file not found: imagescontrols.bmp

these 2 files are not included in the zip :S

Guest exosyphen

Damn .... those were Dan`s graphics for the PPC, and I no longer used them and their were linked in the resources. I will have that fixed and upload some clean code.

Just put in some dummy bitmaps with the same names and paths and it will work, because spvQuake doesn`t load them.

Guest ultimasnake

ok just found out all the errors are from

C:windows ce toolswce300Smartphone 2002includegx.h

except for

D:testsourcecodesourcecodeWinQuakesys_win.c(880) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const double ' to 'int ', possible loss of data

but that is a warning...

how can i exclude that Gx.h file ? (since you also have an own version?)

pocketquake has it's own customised version of gx.h

do a search on the source for "gx.h", and change these lines

#include

to

#include "../gx.h"

that will fix the gx.h errors

[have a look in the source I released if you are unsure - that compiles with eVC3]

and warnings are just that, warnings - i.e. non fatal (though data can get screwed up)

Guest ultimasnake

I just managed to compile it :D

and am almost done creating a better menu (options menu that is) structure :) you will like it i am sure of that

Guest exosyphen

Forget to mention this, when you compile with gx.h and use it in a C source(like quake) you have to put a struct in front of the 2 functions that generate the errors.

I simply changed that in my origianl gx.h and works with both C/C++

As I told people ... I have a custom setup here, and making a public sourcecode release, has taken me some time.

Guest ultimasnake

aha.. well i just replaced the origional file with the source code version too..... here you might want to check this menu out..

its got a smaller Main menu (text no images) , and the Options menu is completly redone... i removed the Cd volume item (since its useless to us)... and everything fits on the screen now :) have a look

i am also checking if i can fix the Customize controlls menu

PocketQuake.zip

Guest ultimasnake

My permission to include the menu i am making?

sure thing.. i think i found the bug in the Custom controll :)

ofcourse my name would be nice in the splash screen :D

Guest ultimasnake

I just managed to show the Custom controlls screen , binding works.. but it looks really sloppy right now.... will look into it right now.. once done i will sent you the Menu.c :)

Guest exosyphen

Forgott to mention, but you might have seen that when Quake starts, all contributors have their names listed:)

I always credit people properly

Guest exosyphen

I know the habbit ... I also have it.

Not to mention that I saw on some MAJOR sites : Exosophen Studios ... can`t people cut and paste? It's small e and capital S :)

Guest ultimasnake

hahahahaha :) :).... (if you mean me (am i a major site? ) i fixed it :D)

ok btw i managed to get the Custom controlls running .. almost done with it... :lol:

Guest exosyphen

I saw saw Doom3 screenshots.

I wonder when will we begin porting that to a mobile phone :)

I first played quake around 7-8 years ago, and I was impressed by the snake game on the Nokia.

At that time i never would have believed I will end up porting and playing Quake on a mobile phone

Guest ultimasnake

OK hangon to your helmets..... here is the menu.c file for you Exo....

So what did i change

Main menu is now not based on an image , but based on text (so they all fit on the screen).

Options menu is layout in a better way it all fits on the screen and is working completely

Customize controlls , changed the position of everything (x axis). removed the Or (second key here) since we only need 1 key for each movement , shortend some names that where way to long.

What do i want to change :

No transparancy to see the screen of the game , this will speed up the menu allot (while loading press backspace to see an example without background , its loads faster).

Maybe resize the main graphics of the main menu and include them in the exe (if that is legal and isnt really pulling the game itself down a bit).

menu.zip