spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest exosyphen

Anyone knows an Orange ROM update that is software unlocked? I have the Qtek and I hate it.

I would really appreciate some help here.

Thank you.

Guest ultimasnake

:) .. hey do you know how i can use the Emulator to run quake (during debug or something?) it starts the emulator.. and then uploads the file and tells me it will not run on that "processor" :S

you can indeed compile the pocketquake code to run under the emulator

but be aware that the code runs FAR faster in the emulator as it's a x86 compilation and uses the floating poing support on the PC CPU

you can also artificially increase the memory on the emulator to help things too

but the filing system for the emulator is a right pain in the ass

I know I keep saying this, but look at my source code - it should compile for the emulator first time (it certainly used to) - though there is some code that may need re-enabling in the timing routine, in order to get the speedups mentioned above

just select the x86 Release as the current configurations and the emulator as the target

Guest ultimasnake

aha ok....

well i wanted to use the emulator because i forgot my cradle and i have an Ir connection here but that sucks if you have to test an exe by uploading it time and time again.. (it takes 30 seconds to upload)..

Guest exosyphen

I use GPRS and IE on a daily basis.

DO I have to go to that link with Pocket Internet Explorer?

badboy4life ... obviously 1-AXE, 2 - Riffle, and so on ... use the numebr keys just like in normal Quake.

I use GPRS and IE on a daily basis.

DO I have to go to that link with Pocket Internet Explorer?

No, but the phone has to connect to a webpage to download something when you decert. If you haven't used GPRS yet it fails; probably missing some init step out somewhere by going in the backway.

Just a thought, worth a try. Best move the decert issues elsewhere, keep this thread for Quake.... ;-)

Guest ultimasnake

Hey exo did you see this ?

Quake for Smartphone

Quake News | 1/2/2004 | 6:45 PST - Jube

exoSyphen Studios has ported Quake over to SPV Smartphone format, based on the PocketPC port by Dan East. Apparently SPVQuake is still in an early beta stage, but you can find out more, check out a few screenshots and download the Smartphone Quake port here.

this is taken from http://www.planetquake.com/news/search.asp...arch=smartphone

just do a search on google for "Quake for smartphone" and see how famous you are :D

oh hey exo... i am wondering if you have a little Banner logo thing..... if so can you sent it too me ? then i can make a link on my page :)

Guest ultimasnake

i just found 2 console commands to reduce quality in the game..

d_mipcap (V)

Syntax: d_mipcap  

Default: 0  

Sets the detail level. Values range from 0-3 with 0 giving the highest detail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d_mipscale (V)

Syntax: d_mipscale  

Default: 1  

Sets how much detail distant objects have. Values range from 0-40 with 0 not bluring distant objects at all. (Uses lots of ram if set to 0)

i set the to the least amount of quality .. and the game ran at 4.4 Fps with and Without those reductments.... so i think making textures less sharp and stuff like that wont really speed up the game... i couldnt find a Polly command though....

exo isnt there a fog in quake? :S... or a value where you can change the quality of the models etc (max Poly count?)

Guest exosyphen

ultimasnake, I know of those features to reduce quality and I am using them here.

I think I will hardcode them into the next release.

I am know I am famous :) ... my daily hits went 20-25 times over the average, and around 25 major websites published about the spvQuake. (PlanetQuake,Bluesnews,etc )

I am happy that people enjoy our work.

There is no fog in Quake but you can reduce the maximum number of rendered polygons.

You will either have missing polygons (in the far side of the scene - which is a good thing) ... or some misterious crashes.

What I would like is to attract some Quake moders to create a few small levels (low polycount) + low textures and throw in some bots to have a deatchmatch against bots.

With good level design, we could play a deathmatch against 2-3 bots, at over 10fps which is playable.

I would do some level editing myself, but with exams on my head and heaps of work at my little company ... I am out of time.

However, I am planning to take a weekend and visit my parents, and most likely I will take my laptop and devote those days to work on some Quake content.

Guest ultimasnake

ace... :D.. well i almost got the menu entirely fixed now.... i just managed to make sure a command is only bound to 1 key and sharpend it up a bit at some places..... it looks really good now.... no text comming out of the left side of the screen anymore etc etc.... :)

going to do the new multiplayer game menu now.. and it should be (as good as) finished :lol:

also i am trying to find the M_PrintWhite command that posts game message on the screen , i cant seem to find that...

do you think we can release a small updated exe for the folks? thus they can bind keys etc etc (besides the fact its not saved yet)

Guest exosyphen

Sure we can put up a new release. Let me know when you are done, so I can add in your name at the credits and prepare a new build, for them folks to enjoy :)

Guest ultimasnake

Here is the latest menu.c

the problem with the Multiplayer menu is that its build in a rather complicated way ( i am figuring it out though :) )..

everything is fixed though (beside the mp)..

i think this one will do for sure :D.... let me know if something needs to be changed exo.

menu.zip

Guest exosyphen

You can leave the multiplayer out. There is a lot more work to make mp work, then it would take to make the game run at a decent speed, so I believe we won't be fragging real soon at 4 FPS :)

Guest exosyphen

ultimasnake,

I was trying to get the article from your website about the e200 decert. I know it works on the e100 and yesterday I switched from the QTek ROM to the Orange 1.61 and I would like to have my phone decert.

Thanks.

Guest ultimasnake

Here you go disabled and all :)

cant be clicked in any way :D

i also thought of a nice idea for in the menus in the next release :lol:..

quick keys (like menus in other applications) like

1. New game

2. Multiplayer

3. Options

etc etc :)

menu.zip