spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest ultimasnake

aha :D.. great.... well that sounds ok with me... hey hows the laptop doing.. i am here at work till 6 and if possible a faster beta would be ace.. dont have anything to do on my 30 minute trip home and that would ofcourse be a nice moment to test the game :)

When you release a final binary, you have to release all source code pertinent to that binary, that's all. So if a binary hasn't yet been released, source code doesn't have to be released.. If that makes any sense :)

oh, i thought it was for all binaries that are released, not just the final ones, maybe i'm wrong then

nope, you're right - for any binary released, people can request the source, and the author MUST make it available

and placing the open source code into a dll just means you transfer the GPL to include the dll

if you create a completely new renderer and place it in a dll, and then link the open source to call that, then the dll is probably considered your personal code, and it's up to you - but only if there is absolutely no code in there that was released as part of the GPL

Guest ultimasnake
jeeez, it's christmas, give this man some private time with his family

All posts where made on Wednessday and ofcourse christmass is on thursday and friday (today)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to all modaco members

Guest _4saken_
All posts where made on Wednessday and ofcourse christmass is on thursday and friday (today)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to all MoDaCo members

guess what, in some countries christmas is on the 24th.

Guest ultimasnake

:| really? well i didnt ment to say he had to hurry up or something :) just that it was rather quite for somedays now (not exo only) etc... but its christmass :D cya:| really? well i didnt ment to say he had to hurry up or something :lol: just that it was rather quite for somedays now (not exo only) etc... but its christmass :) cya

Guest exosyphen

Merry Christmas to everybody!

I just had my computer restored this morning.

We started celebrating Xmas here omn the 24th. It was the first Christmas I spent with my fiancee, and I have found it inapropriate to spend time coding.

----------------------------------------------------

The PocketPC Quake uses GAPI (gx.dll) to draw 2D stuff. I believe that since then, GAPI has not become GPL/Opensource.

I will include some "critical" code in a copyrighted .dll ... you won't miss anything by me doing this.

I just want to avoid the situation where Handango heavily supports the guy who stole Dan Eats' PocketQuake code and sells it.

The support email adress for that game is some guy@i_s_p .. he doesn't even have a decent email adress.

I am sorry, but I don't intend to work on spvQuake and see someone filling his pocket with fame & money over this.

I sell commercial games on www.exosyphen.ro but I want to keep spvQuake a free project.

Thank you for your understanding.

Guest Fu§ed

dude, can u release it so your phone doesnt have to be unlocked? because i cant unlock myne... :) it gets to 66% and says MUST ABORT... which sucks...

please release a versian where u dont need to unlock your phone.

thanks.

Guest awarner [MVP]

As with your other posts you are trying to SIM unlock and not decert

your phone, to application unlock your phone to run unsigned software

click on OTA.

Also to have the game digitally signed is not cheap and so unlikely to happen unless it became a comercial project.

Guest exosyphen

I will NOT pay $500 to certify Quake, just because some of us are to lazy to spend one hour decerting the phone.

Or go the simple way and install the QTek ROM. I did that and my phone is now decertified.

Guest exosyphen

A Happy New 2004 for you.

I have a somewhat GOOD news. Recently a library that is highly compatible with OpenGL, was released for the mobile phones.

This might allow me to port a high quality (3D card like ) glQuake to the SPV ... and almost sure ... a multiplayer 3D shooter developed by us (over Bluetooth, IR, Internet, etc).

See you next year :)

Guest Scarfman007

Cool.

Just out of interest is it an implementation of OpenGL ES?

Or something similar (such as Klimit) ?

Just curious, I'm guessing though that it'd be something without a licensing fee?

Happy New Year! (when it comes)

Scarfman