spvQuake // exoSyphen Studios - released

Guest exosyphen

Guest ultimasnake

ACE!!!!..... will it be faster too? or only better looking..... anyway can you compile a next beta maybe ? (i just want to test my "smaller" pack file and all :roll: )

but great news :)

Guest exosyphen

Hi,

I know that the new beta is highly awaited. It will be out with the new site update that I have planned for our company site in the next days (this weekend).

Hopefully it will be faster ... not just better looking :)

Guest ultimasnake

YEah on a 176x220 screen High resolution isnt really a Possible thing :)... but speed is ofcourse what we want :lol:..

oh well on with my own game :D

Guest ultimasnake

well have a look at the New race game in the making...

the only problem i am facing is its in C# (i dont know how to program in C++) and its only smartphone 2003 compatible... :)

Guest ultimasnake

i am thinking of rewritting it now... its getting to messy (adding things all the time)........ :D... but lets keep it on topic :) lets chat about that in my post :lol:

Guest exosyphen

Given the hollydays, Many of us (including myself) have spent more time away from coding, with family and friends.

I small thing to fix and I will put up a new Quake beta ... not much new, but it will also include the sourcecode and allow people to play hacked .pak's.

Guest _4saken_

really looking forward to the next release.

hope ultimasnake's pak file will also speed up things a little.

ultimasnake: will you make your pak file available here ?

Guest ultimasnake

well officially i cant release the pak file.. and also its only with lower bitrate sounds...... i might think of editing levels too (less useless detail and all)....

might release it when its completely done and really proving to be faster then an origional gamepack and since exo is still working hard on some speed improvements they might not be needed at all (my pak file that is)....

lets wait for his beta... i will be gone in some hours hope it will be online by then :)

Guest ultimasnake
what about reducing the texture size ? wouldnt that help alot ?
Well i wouldn't know yet... we have to wait for the version of exo .. then i can start experimenting :)

The Quake build is ready.

so can we expect it by tommorow exo? :D

lets see how much faster it runs and how much faster my pak works.... i am really curious to test it.... :lol:

Guest ultimasnake
It seems that soon you will be able to *buy* SPVQuake :)
pay for it? :lol:... that would suck.... i dont have any ways of paying for it (no visa or credit card , and dont like online paying systems).....

ofcourse i might be able to host a mirror for you as an "payment" :D

Guest exosyphen

I won't charge for quake. I posted that irronically since I have a guy who is all over me for the sourcecode ... looking for some fame and money over my code. Just read the thread on my forum.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

he is actually correct though, he can actually ask for the source code now because you have released it in binary form, whether it really is only of use on your system or not :)