SmartPhone Studio(**Announce**)

Guest gzytom

Guest MoRFLeZ

1) Start CommMan on your SPV ... select "Menu" Activate (it should say "Listening on your SPV by now...)

2) Start SP Studio on your PC

3) Click Inbox - it should then download your inbox...

Yep step 1 and 2 are correct,

But it does not download the sms-messages to my computer i see downloading ...0%

Nothing else happens.

At the bottom left itr also says, Ready.

Anyone please help.

I think I know what's the problem....

It looks like Smartphone Studio doesn't support MMS. I have the same problem when there is a MMS in the inbox (or outbox, or sent items, or deleted items). When I delete the MMS I'm able to download all the sms.

Guest NederSoren

Sometimes i wonder why people doesn't read the topics before posting their errors.. If you just read back, you would notice that many others have had this problem, and that it has already bin fixed :roll:

Guest Belgarath Krall

fantastic program :D , my sent items box wasnt downloading properly so i'm hoping the new comman will solve that problem.

has anyone else had SPStudio lock stop any transfering when they try to access their sim card...or is that just me; stopping and starting comman seems to solve the problem though.

another quick question, why does comman turn off after a while, is that my phone or is it comman (a timer or something?)

did i say good work, thank you very much for the most useful piece of software this year (as well as nethack which i found yesterday, ah the reminicence begins...:))

fantastic program :D , my sent items box wasnt downloading properly so i'm hoping the new comman will solve that problem.

has anyone else had SPStudio lock stop any transfering when they try to access their sim card...or is that just me; stopping and starting comman seems to solve the problem though.

another quick question, why does comman turn off after a while, is that my phone or is it comman (a timer or something?)  

did i say good work, thank you very much for the most useful piece of software this year (as well as nethack which i found yesterday, ah the reminicence begins...:))

Some people have reported problem in reading sim.

CommMan will automatically turn to inactive after 10 minutes if no data has transfered.

Guest Lucka_mpx200

Hi gzytom

A couple of days ago I sent you a message through your website. I did'nt know a partial answer to my problem was in this great forum. Now I've found this forum.

I've a problem, and would like to know if others have the same problem too.

When I had the original prog that I downloaded from your site (previous commman) I sometimes got stuck to some xx % during downloading of messages. There were no e-mail nor mms, but there were longer messages (my mpx200 can store multiple sms - longer than 160 chars as single units). With the new comman that I found here the downloading is ok, but I can only retrieve the first 196 chars. If there are longer sms they are just truncated.

I find your prog very useful if you can fix this problem. I've also tried SmsCool but it's no good for my purposes. I really hope you can make available a new commman without this limitation.

Ok i have fixed the Problem :idea:

Must say NICE PROG!!!!!

something you could consider to make in a new version:

E-mail backup and restore.

MMS backup and restore.

If I restore my sms i get a odd problem.

The receiver is correct, but the original text is stored in the subject line.

And het main part is Empty.. So that also would be an improvement if you could get this fixed.

Thanks 4 making this great prog

Greezz Ghozd

Hi gzytom

A couple of days ago I sent you a message through your website. I did'nt know a partial answer to my problem was in this great forum. Now I've found this forum.  

I've a problem, and would like to know if others have the same problem too.

When I had the original prog that I downloaded from your site (previous commman) I sometimes got stuck to some xx % during downloading of messages. There were no e-mail nor mms, but there were longer messages (my mpx200 can store multiple sms - longer than 160 chars as single units). With the new comman that I found here the downloading is ok, but I can only retrieve the first 196 chars. If there are longer sms they are just truncated.  

I find your prog very useful if you can fix this problem. I've also tried SmsCool but it's no good for my purposes. I really hope you can make available a new commman without this limitation.

I am sorry that the program does not support long SMS now.

Maybe implement in future.

Ok i have fixed the Problem  :idea:  

Must say NICE PROG!!!!!

something you could consider to make in a new version:

E-mail backup and restore.

MMS backup and restore.

If I restore my sms i get a odd problem.

The receiver is correct, but the original text is stored in the subject line.

And het main part is Empty.. So that also would be an improvement if you could get this fixed.

Thanks 4 making this great prog  

Greezz Ghozd

May the SMSs you mentioned are Email.

Not really support Email export and import now.

Guest dark_spice

Nice program indeed. Aside from the message in the subject line field problem and the unavailability of the contacts list when creating new SMS. It still kicks A.SS!!

Great job! :lol:

Guest MoRFLeZ

It does indeed kick arse!

Installed the new version today, and the fact that you don't have to run CommMan from your device first is EXCELLENT!! Makes it a lot easier to use for lazy bastards like myself...

*10 thumbs up* - and looking forward for MMS support *B*

Guest Belgarath Krall

Comman automation is a great thing, makes the whole studio much more user friendly-easy to use too.

one question, does comman run in the background on the phone...wondering about changes to battery life if it does. how does the program know that you've connected, is it through activesync?

only being nosy cos i have got nearly all the stuff i need to develop for the smartphone now. :lol:

ps great program, you have done a great job!!!

Guest Lucka_mpx200

Excellent Gzytom!

This program is very good and useful. Great improvement with the new connman automation.

But will you forgive me if I stress once again that it could be yet more useful if it was able to download long sms stored in the phone (longer than 196 characters)? I can imagine it can be hard to adapt it for mms and e-mail, but it shouldn't be so hard to let long sms be read till their true end.

But maybe I'm the only one to need this feature... I'd like to know....

A little thing: in the sent items message list, all messages begins with 4 square boxes (carriage return or line feed ascii codes?). Except one empty message I sent by mistake that is (as it should be) completely blank with no squares (I run the english language version).

Waiting for your next "long sms" upgrade :lol:

Lucka (from italy)

Guest JamesBond007

Ok...I downloaded this app today from the website. I copied the commMan to the phone and installed it without problem. I then tried to run the CommMan from the program menu and got an error.

"PhoneBook Module init failed."

What am I doing wrong? I have an Samsung i600 on Verizon service if that helps.

Comman automation is a great thing, makes the whole studio much more user friendly-easy to use too.  

one question, does comman run in the background on the phone...wondering about changes to battery life if it does.  how does the program know that you've connected, is it through activesync?

only being nosy cos i have got nearly all the stuff i need to develop for the smartphone now.  :lol:  

ps great program, you have done a great job!!!

Thanks.

CommMan is only to start when SPStudio runs , and automatically quits when you close SPStudio.

In technical explianation,when SPStudio starts,it use RAPI to execute CommMan.When CommMan finds the connection broken,it quits immdediatelly.

So you can see that CommMan does't consume battery when SPStudio is not running.

For more info,the installation of this version does not copy any files to folder except Storage(or Storage Card)Program FilesCommMan,or write any entry in the registry.I deploy CommMan as CAB file only for easy-to-install purpose.The software is "Green".

Excellent Gzytom!

This program is very good and useful. Great improvement with the new connman automation.

But will you forgive me if I stress once again that it could be yet more useful if it was able to download long sms stored in the phone (longer than 196 characters)? I can imagine it can be hard to adapt it for mms and e-mail, but it shouldn't be so hard to let long sms be read till their true end.  

But maybe I'm the only one to need this feature... I'd like to know....

A little thing: in the sent items message list, all  messages begins with 4 square boxes (carriage return or line feed ascii codes?). Except one empty message I sent by mistake that is (as it should be) completely blank with no squares (I run the english language version).

Waiting for your next "long sms" upgrade  :lol:  

Lucka (from italy)

The program should make many changes to support "long sms".However,I will consider it later time.

Your second problem is somewhat strange,I have no idea yet.

Thanks.

Ok...I downloaded this app today from the website.  I copied the commMan to the phone and installed it without problem.  I then tried to run the CommMan from the program menu and got an error.

"PhoneBook Module init failed."

What am I doing wrong?  I have an Samsung i600 on Verizon service if that helps.

It may caused by the failure of calling some priviledge API.

Your phone is locked?

Guest JamesBond007

I would assume it's locked(not sure what that means). It's the standard Verizon configuration that you can get off the shelves. I haven't run any unlock tools on it. Is that required to make this work?

Guest JamesBond007

I'm a beta tester for the i600 security patch that allows access to HKCR parts of the registry. This patch has helped with a number of other applications that before were not able to be installed. I'm still getting the phonebook init error after installing this patch. Any ideas?

Guest darrellt

Sorry to ask what may be a dumb question but the readme file says to

"1.1 Extract SPStudio.zip into a folder on PC.

1.2 Move CommMan.cab to phone and run it,follow the wizard to finish the installation steps."

I've downloaded the zip from the site and extracted it, but don't appear to have a file that ends in cab. The CommMan.zip file contains a setup.xml but that's about the only file that looks promising and it won't run as there is no program associated with it.

Any ideas guys and girls will be greatly appreciated.

Guest MoRFLeZ
I've downloaded the zip from the site and extracted it, but don't appear to have a file that ends in cab. The CommMan.zip file contains a setup.xml but that's about the only file that looks promising and it won't run as there is no program associated with it.

Any ideas guys and girls will be greatly appreciated.

That's because WinZIP associates cabfiles with zipfiles ... you can turn that off in WinZIP around here: Options // Configuration // System // Associations (where you un-check-tic whatnot .CAB)