CUSTOM RINGTONES FOR CONTACTS OFF SD CARD

Guest jawane

Guest Disco Stu
When i create a My Documents folder on my SD card, the file is located at settings-sounds. But the problem is all they do is beep????

If they're wavs, it's probably because they're not PCM-formatted. Windows Sound Recorder (Save as) can sort this for you.

If they're MIDI, they've got to be MID0 format.

Guest lukeap69

those wavs should be too big. why not convert them to 22kHz, 8bit, mono or 11kHz, 16bit, mono using Sound Recorder. But i am not sure if that is your problem. it will make the wav files smaller though.

• 1 month later...
Guest kingraf01

I used the PHM Registry Editor (free), for this and it worked excellently!!! ^_^ I didn't have to add my contacts to the SIM card, it all worked without any problems.

Thanks so much, my MPX200 is pimp also!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dom1nic

I did everything as descibed, converted some mp3s to wave, made a folder on SD, copied all the sounds from the phone. Change red settings then went to set my tunes in settingssounds and my phone froze.

Changed everything back to the way it was in th registry and still the phone would freeze when I went to settingssounds

Had to do a hard reboot.

Did I do something wrong? I want a "pimp" mpx200

• 1 month later...
Guest pigpaw3

I dont want to sound stupid but can anyone explain in simple terms

how I do steps 4 and 5. Cant seem to find reg editor or current user or even control panel? Any help would be huge. Walking with standard Tones :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmrivera3rd

I have found out that with windows smartphone 2003 that if you only want to assign custom ringtones then use a registry editor and only change the value for Ring and thats it Ta Da and my phone doesnt crash when i go back into sounds. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

You will be able to see normal ringtones that are on the SD card, this

is normal on 2002 as well.

The topic is about custom ringtones which are handled slightly differently.

• 2 weeks later...

follow next link

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=119422#

read my message...

When u use any of foldef "IPSM/Aplication Data/sound" or "My Document" folder u'll not be able to have this rings for custom rings...

Custom rings are avalible after REG editing as written.

BUT U NEED TO EDIT ALL KEYS VALUE "Directory" AND TYPE ONE THE SAME FOLDER-VALUE AS OTHER LIKE.

If u type different folder it may be not work or crash.

I've made it and it works

Sorry for my terrible english :D

--------------------------------

Russia, Vladivostok, MPx200@WM2002(99)

• 2 weeks later...
I have found out that with windows smartphone 2003 that if you only want to assign custom ringtones then use a registry editor and only change the value for Ring and thats it Ta Da and my phone doesnt crash when i go back into sounds.

Anybody knows if it works on WM2002?

Yes, but I was talking about what jmrivera3rd said (that if you only want to assign custom ringtones, you only need to change the value of the "Ring" key, but this on WM2003). Do you know if it works also on WM2002? Or is it needed to edit all keys to make this work on 2002?

• 2 weeks later...

hi newbe here just found this phone and i love it and the stuff u can do with it this forum helps me loads but i have a small problem ive followed all the steps 1-6 but (07. SELECT CUSTOM RINGTONES FOR CONTACTS AND BA-DA-BING BA-DA-BOOM! ) i cant find the custom ringtones for contacts tab or menu any help please :?:

oh ive got a 2002 os

thx moggie

Edited by moggie

I finally tried to do the the fix changing only the value of the "Ring" key, but when I came back to "Sounds" folder, the phone hung up and I had to do a master reset. I supposed it could happen, but I tried anyways.

Later, I did it like was explained at the beginning, and worked with no problems.

moggie, you have to go to Contacts > (select a contact) > Edit > Custom ring tone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yxalitis

OK,

All you SM2003 users:

Yes, you only need to modify the Ring section of the registry, but you are going to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring

In there you will find a value called Directory (you need to press the left soft-key to see values at all!)

Click on this, and change the Value data: to: \Mounted Volume\Sounds\

Note that this is different to SM2002 in a number of ways.

• 1 month later...
Guest paja0027

Hello all users of mpx200. I have a little problem. I tried to edit my registry to be able to assign custom ringtones from mmc card in contacts. My wavs appear in contact-menu regularly, but if somebody calls me, I don't have the right tone. Only tone which is selected in settings/sounds. Please help. Did I smtg wrong? Wavs are in regular format 22kHz,8bit,mono.

paja0027, mpx200, wm2002

Thanks a lot for replies.

Edited by paja0027