E200 can't handle bluetooth rejections!

Guest v1nn1e

Have noticed that when sending a contact or a calender entry via bluetooth, the phone will wait forever if the receiving phone has rejected the transfer! The program crashes because it can't be stopped by task manager, it has to be killed!

Or maybe it's just my phone! Anyone else's phone do the same thing!

Guest shadamehr

Interesting mate - because yesterday, when you pointed me in the direction of IA File Explorer to enable Bluetooth file sending I had exactly this happen...

When trying to send a file, the list of found devices came up.

Having a lot of Bluetooth devices, I sent it to what I THOUGHT was the right one (I notice that it takes AGES to list the device by proper name, instead first showing the hexadecimal descriptor for each device).

As I had sent it to the wrong device, which did not respond, it kept trying to send constantly.

I then found I could not quit it, task mamager would not kill it, and it brought my phone down to a crawl.

Eventually I couldn't even power off.

Its the first time in ages I had to do a hot battery removal to 'kill' the phone.

So as much as the phone does seem to allow Bluetooth sending, and only the interface to the GUI is missing to prevent this (cock up in its own right), even in add on software that does allow it, it seems the phone's implementation of it is still poor as hell...