EDGE on new smartphones?

Guest ironwoodph

Guest ironwoodph

Hi, does upcoming Smartphone models support EDGE?

*EDGE stands for Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution, much faster than GPRS. Smart will be launching it probably by early next year.

Guest grifter

hmm...

I don't think EDGE would be much of a big deal. It's only 2.75G. Besides, statistics show that only a bite-sized portion of the cellphone-wielding public is using GPRS as of the moment.

Wait till they finally launch 3G, mobile video-conferencing capability! woohoo!

Guest casperr

matagal pa yang 3G na yan, according to smart and globe, they would have to change all their cellsites

kaya kokonti gumagamit ng EDGE kasi wala pang gaanong EDGE capable na phone that is out in the market, only the 6220 and the upcoming 6230.

For one to be able to use EDGE, the handset should be EDGE capable otherwise, you cant use it even if your network supports it

Guest jasin14

then definitely dapat smartphones should have edge capability, problem is.. nokia units lang naman meron nyan kc pagkakaintindi ko research din ng nokia yan, and nokia din nagpoprovide nung cell sites na nagsusupport.. tama ba? hehe

Guest casperr

I am not sure kung di pwedeng iimplement to sa ibang phones besides Nokia pero ang pagkakaalam ko nga, Nokia started this.

For me, I wont need EDGE here in the Phils, it is only a faster GPRS and will be charged the same so wa use din for me. I am satisfied with the speed of our GPRS here (as if I can surf other sites...LOL, i can only surf google and clickthecity wap sites).

Of course, would be handy if all upcoming phones would have this

Guest ironwoodph
haha.. taga saan ba si McHale? Boston?

diba 3G di pwede sa GSM? sa Japan ata yan kc iba network nila.  tama ba Sir Ironwood?

...sonborj, i feel like i'm a knight :-)

with current equipment, di talaga pwede. operators need to upgrade.