Brushed 1.2

Guest Eleventh

Guest Eleventh
Just like to say that I think that this is a great skin, but having a slight problem with it. I've installed the alarm and wmp http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins, then installed this skin. I can get the alarm to show by selecting the Brushed Alarm http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen, and I can get the media player to show by selecting the Brushed WMP http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen. What do I have to do to get them both to show on the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen? Do I need to select a different http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen, because I've tried Brushed Full and Brushed 11th, and neither of them show alarm or wmp. Do I have to install everything in a certain order?  

Also, on the top post, you say you've amended it to show the MRU http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin - how do I get this to work?

Thanks in advance!

For it to show both you only have to select the Brushed_WMP as your homescreen. It contains both the alarm and WMP plugins.

MRU plugins are added on 1.2 versions

heres a breakdown on the included homescreens and its included plugins for your reference.

Brushed11th = Missed Calls, IconBars, Messages & Carrier Plugins

Brushed_FUL = Missed Calls, IconBars, Messages & Carrier Plugins + Profile, Calendar, Events & MRU's

Brushed_AL = Missed Calls, IconBars, Messages & Carrier Plugins + Profile, Calendar, Events ,MRU's & Alarm Plug

Brushed_WMP = Missed Calls, IconBars, Messages & Carrier Plugins + Profile, Calendar, Events , MRU's, Alarm & WMP Plug

Guest Belgarath Krall

looks fantastic & I so want to keep it, but on my MPx it isn't having it with the home screen, the text looks as though it's too high up the screen and misses all the boxes, the positioning everywhere else seems cool though...any suggestions...i'm sure i installed the wmp & alarm plugins....

Guest Eleventh

I think it has something to do with the MPX default message plgins. but am not quite sure coz i dont have MPX to test it with.

Guest Belgarath Krall
I think it has something to do with the MPX default message plgins.  but am not quite sure coz i dont have MPX to test it with.

Any way of changing the xml to use a different message plug, like to change the size...just point me in the right direction :)

Guest spb251272

Yes, this is the MPx200 homescreen bug. I had the same problem, but managed to fix it. There is a thread with a downloadable CAB file that sorts this out for you. I think you need to look in the Customisation - discussion forum. It was on a sticky in there.

BTW Eleventh, thanks for your help in getting the alarm and WMP working - it looks great and works perfectly now!! Another satisfied customer :-)

Guest bukido

I'm using the BrushedFire skin on my MPX200 and it works great. I have the alarm plugin with BrushedFireAL home screen layout selected and haven't had any problems. I can't seem to get the WMP pluggin to work properly but, I also don't have a memory card yet.

Guest Eleventh
I'm using the BrushedFire skin on my MPX200 and it works great. I have the alarm http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin with BrushedFireAL http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen layout selected and haven't had any problems. I can't seem to get the WMP pluggin to work properly but, I also don't have a memory card yet.

thanks for the confirmation. on the MPX side :)

Have you tried installing the latest WMP Plugins? I think its the R3 release by orangewinger.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

I can't remove it!!!

I have installed 11th Brushed.

If I select "11th Brushed G5" in Remove Programs, it comes up with "Do you want to remove 11th Brushed G5 from your phone?" I select Yes, and it comes up with "11th Brushed G5 could not be removed from your phone".

If I try to reinstall it says it will remove the previous one, I select yes, and it says it could not be removed. Then it asks if I want to continue I select yes. Then it comes up with it failed to install. I tried again once and it came up with successfully installed. I tried removing it then but it still doesn't work.

I tried adding a new skin (MAC OS X) which overwrites all the skins used here, but it still won't remove. I don't want to remove just each image because I think the .cab file probably does more than to overwrite each image.

EDIT: I wrote this before connecting and was gonna post this when I connect to'net. However, when it says it failed to install to device, I thought I'd restart, and when I just pressed back, it was no longer in the add/remove programs section! So, just to make sure, I restarted, and sure, it had gone! *Fiddles with phone. Returns.* Hold on, it still hasn't been removed. It's been removed from add/remove programs but all the files are still there, and the option is still there in the Home Screen Selction. Argh! How do you remove it altogether!!???????? Please!!!!!

Now, I've tried changing the Home Screen to the Orange original, just after installing the Home_Restore.cab, and the add/remove result is......... it still can't/won't remove it. Help me pleeeeease!!!

Guest Eleventh

@toyota

I really have no idea why it wont uninstall, but as far as i know, if it doesnt exist anymore on the add remove programs, and the files are still showing. sometimes it only needs a reboot for the system to delete some used files. but after a reboot if it still has the files then i think you can safely delete the files manually. since its not showing anyway on the add remove programs. The cab file installer just contains the files and some registry entries to display extra images. Installing another theme which completely skins most likely to overite the registry settings i used.

Guest Toyota-F1.com
@toyota

I really have no idea why it wont uninstall,  but as far as i know, if it doesnt exist anymore on the add remove programs, and the files are still showing. sometimes it only needs a reboot for the system to delete  some used files. but after a reboot if it still has the files then i think you can safely delete the files manually. since its not showing anyway on the add remove programs. The cab file installer just contains the files and some registry entries to display extra images.  Installing another theme which completely skins most likely to overite the registry settings i used.

Thanks for the reply, would you be able to tell me what files the .cab file installs, and where it installs them? Thanks.

Guest Eleventh

Thanks for the reply, would you be able to tell me what files the .cab file installs, and where it installs them? Thanks.

[sourceDisksFiles]

Brushed11th.home.xml = 1

Brushed_FUL.home.xml = 1

Brushed_AL.home.xml = 1

Brushed_WMP.home.xml = 1

med_main.bmp = 1

med_sel.bmp = 1

callalert.gif = 1

contacts.gif = 1

dial_01.gif = 1

dial_02.gif = 1

incall_01.gif = 1

incall_02.gif = 1

info.gif = 1

programs.gif = 1

question.gif = 1

shutdown1.gif = 1

shutdown2.gif = 1

Startup1.gif = 1

Startup2.gif = 1

Volume.gif = 1

yell.gif = 1

Brushed11th.jpg = 1

Brushed_FUL.jpg = 1

Brushed_AL.jpg = 1

missed.jpg = 1

itunes.gif = 1

itunes_dis.gif = 1

itunes_pus.gif = 1

itunes_seek.gif = 1

wmplayer.skn = 1

[DestinationDirs]

InstallDir1 = 0, IPSMApplication DataHome

InstallDir2 = 0, IPSMBrushed11th

InstallDir3 = 0, IPSMApplication DataHomeBrushed11th

Guest Eleventh
Very nice, after trying out a number of various skins, this one is hands down my personal fav, good work mate :D

Glad you liked it. ;)

Guest boxie

verrrry nice home screen! thanks 11th! :D

is there a way to change the blue background color of some of the screens? i like it white, you see, and the blue background often flickers whenever i type messages (sms, mms, etc.).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Eleventh
is there a way to change the blue background color of some of the screens? i like it white, you see, and the blue background often flickers whenever i type messages (sms, mms, etc.).

you could always change it in the xml if you wanted to.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest kokchu

How do I delete this theme cleanly? I did an uninstall but found that some of the pictures still exist in the start menu page. What other files do I need to delete? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eleventh
How do I delete this theme cleanly? I did an uninstall but found that some of the pictures still exist in the start menu page. What other files do I need to delete? Thanks.

after uninstalling full themes, it is best to restart your phone. to uninstall completely, as some of the images are still loaded in the mem of your phone.

by then, after restarting your phone you can install another skin.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.