msn messenger

Guest braddo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

there is a ROM-Update with Messenger and SMS fix out there....

Maik

P.S. Since MoDaCo doesn't want links to other boards... you will have to s e a r c h for it.

Guest braddo

It fixes just about every problem that the mio has experienced since it came out. Long SMS messages are fixed and work a treat, delivery reports work, msn messenger is perfect. It also improves on a few other minor imperfections with SP2002. Remember the ROM update is not an official solution by MiTAC, but I certainly havn't had any problems with it - so it comes highly recommended!

Download the ROM update here:

http://beam.to/spvfiles/Mio_8380Upgrade_MJ_4.rar

Guest whorwood1

ive installed it but i can no longer install and programs on it,

also which one are you suppossed to do flash rom upgrade or microP upgrade.

any ideas?

No idea which one u have to install, I only did the flash update and not the microp one. Dunno if you have to do both or not?? But i aint havin any problems with just havin the flash update done.

Has anyone tried the MicroP update????

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, indeed, you guys version are low, that's why u can't log on MSN

All version that u have in 8380 is 37. Taiwan offical website provides 47 52 and lastest version is 55. after installing 55 u can log on MSN. :lol: :D

• 4 months later...
Guest the bishop
If all else fails...you can use Agile Messenger which allows MSN, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ chatting.

which version of Agile do I download -- I've tried both smartphone and the 2003 and neither work ... or maybe I"m putting them in the wrong folder?