Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

1) the new beta of PocketScreen (link in my suggested programs list) has this feature.

2) if you mean the widget you can place on the home screen, there is nothing to do but to bug SPB to make a better version for their next release (with marker to show busy days too...)

3) yes you can, but it's not really easy... you can find some premade config files in the SPB forum (if you find a premade config for Accuweather is not so difficult to implement it, but otherwise it's far too difficult, at least for normal users like me, to create one even with SPB weather guide)

4) you have to go to \windows\start up folder and remove the relative .lnk file (which I don't exactly remember the name couse I deleted it already^^)

1. Maybe will try that. Looks nice in docs, but it only has qvga version for omnia, not omnia2 for now... though its nice someone finally using g-sensor and p-sensor for something.

2. Hmm... I thought it is possible to program your own widgets for it? or am i sadly mistaken?

3. too much effort just to have some weather reports )) will have to wait for something else. ironically, samsunt touchwiz'es accuweather widget is superb! more cities then one, nice interface and high manageability... sadly, however, this is the only nice thing about touchwiz :D

4. thanks! it was lnkmanager.exe or something like this. moved it to other dir and now everything is fine.

Guest tacchan23
1. Maybe will try that. Looks nice in docs, but it only has qvga version for omnia, not omnia2 for now... though its nice someone finally using g-sensor and p-sensor for something.

2. Hmm... I thought it is possible to program your own widgets for it? or am i sadly mistaken?

3. too much effort just to have some weather reports )) will have to wait for something else. ironically, samsunt touchwiz'es accuweather widget is superb! more cities then one, nice interface and high manageability... sadly, however, this is the only nice thing about touchwiz :D

4. thanks! it was lnkmanager.exe or something like this. moved it to other dir and now everything is fine.

1. they realesed a new beta version for Omnia2, check their forum and help (me^^) with beta testing :P

2. you are sadly mistaken (you can edit just graphic part of SPB widgets, no contents)

3. maybe you can just check the SPB forum to see if you can find Accuweather settings. if they have it, it's not so difficult to install it

Guest Tylwith

I found a good tip!!

enabling auto rotation for application tested on j9.

go to hklm\Software\Autorotation

create a string value named 6 if the previous one was 5

in the value put your application name (the one display in the taskbar)

increment count .

soft reset.

and your application will auto rotate.

ps: doesn't worked with Start :D

Guest tacchan23
I found a good tip!!

enabling auto rotation for application tested on j9.

go to hklm\Software\Autorotation

create a string value named 6 if the previous one was 5

in the value put your application name (the one display in the taskbar)

increment count .

soft reset.

and your application will auto rotate.

ps: doesn't worked with Start :D

Thanks, I noticed there is also the option to disable the autorotation there!

Added to the Tweaks list :P

Guest unholygid2006

wondering anyone has a problem with gprs auto connecting itself even when phone is locked. is there any way to disable the auto connect? cos its draining the battery

Guest tacchan23
wondering anyone has a problem with gprs auto connecting itself even when phone is locked. is there any way to disable the auto connect? cos its draining the battery

i think the only solution is using application such as NoData or ConnManager to stop any data connection

Guest tacchan23
tried com manger but it still auto connects. havent tried nodata yet though. wat program are u using to prevent gprs auto connecting?

i'm using ConnManager and it works perferctly. maybe you can try NoData (if still not work, i suggest you Hard Reset...)

Guest MaRhOoN
what other kind of files in the folder?

if there's a cab, I think you need to move just the cab to your phone and launch it.

if there's an exe, first try to launch it from your PC and if it doens't work then it means you have to move the whole folder to your phone as the exe is already in PPC format and there is no installation to do

also you can try to open the .xml on you PC to see what's inside

Dear

there is no CAB file, only Setup.xml.

my comuter dose not show .CAB (Win XP)

do you know how fix this?

check the attachment

post-596980-1257515674_thumb.jpg

Guest tacchan23
Dear

there is no CAB file, only Setup.xml.

my comuter dose not show .CAB (Win XP)

do you know how fix this?

check the attachment

That's exaclty the same files inside my S2U2.CAB

I guess that your PC isn't set to display file extensions and that you opend the CAB file with winzip (or similar)

Honestly i really can't understand how people can live without showing file extensions°_°

Guest Jaguar645

For some reason using the Titanium Start menu and trying to open op text messages always opens up the Samsung SMS application. I've triple checked the registry settings and that all seems ok. Am I overlooking something?

Guest Jaguar645

Found it! :) you've got to actually edit the titanium skin... They added SText which is the Samsung SMS application, added CText using Showaco Chome Editor and all is perfect again!

Guest ravelcop

hi tacchan,

i followed your procedure in flashing WM6.5 ROM using sorg's OCTANS mini but it doesn't detect my device. i waited more that 15mins and still nothing. this is what i did.

1. made sure the phone is disconnected

2. open OCTANS mini and loaded the needed files MST and CSC. i got the files from secany's (the one he posted on Nov1)

3. chose the language to English (UK) but i left the CSC File Select to blank coz im from the Philippines and i dont find any DX in the choices

4. pressed Detect

5. turned OFF my phone using the right button from the cube

6. connected my phone to the PC

7. then waited but nothing happened, it's not detecting anything. message was always "Waiting for device..."

im not sure what i was missing. perhaps i need to use that samsung modem file somewhere but you didn't mention it in your procedures. i would really appreciate if you could help me out here tacchan. thanks in advance

Guest tacchan23
hi tacchan,

i followed your procedure in flashing WM6.5 ROM using sorg's OCTANS mini but it doesn't detect my device. i waited more that 15mins and still nothing. this is what i did.

1. made sure the phone is disconnected

2. open OCTANS mini and loaded the needed files MST and CSC. i got the files from secany's (the one he posted on Nov1)

3. chose the language to English (UK) but i left the CSC File Select to blank coz im from the Philippines and i dont find any DX in the choices

4. pressed Detect

5. turned OFF my phone using the right button from the cube

6. connected my phone to the PC

7. then waited but nothing happened, it's not detecting anything. message was always "Waiting for device..."

im not sure what i was missing. perhaps i need to use that samsung modem file somewhere but you didn't mention it in your procedures. i would really appreciate if you could help me out here tacchan. thanks in advance

I added the Samsung Modem in my Flash Guide post, I think it's a good idea if you install it.

Also I think that if you don't want to flash the CSC you can't choose the language in the Language Select label (maybe this is the reason why it's not detecting ur phone)

• Threaded SMS Input Space: if you using the default Tmail for Threaded SMS (and not some 3rd party program… I recently gave up on VITO SMS-chat after too many bugs/problems for me), you will notice that the space to input text is really too small. To change it, look for the file \Windows\thread_sms.htm You can open the file with Word Mobile to edit it:

Find the line <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell ......>

and modify the value of height from 35 to 65 or 70, to get 3 line spacing for the input

Save the edited file somewhere and then use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move it to Windows overwriting the old file.

This method doesnt seem to work on my phone. Im using J6 from secany.

Currently using default threaded sms from samsung. I only get 1 line for writing.

Mind to share the file? maybe i messup something...

Guest tacchan23

This method doesnt seem to work on my phone. Im using J6 from secany.

Currently using default threaded sms from samsung. I only get 1 line for writing.

Mind to share the file? maybe i messup something...

It only works with Tmail.exe, not with any other SMS application (Samsung one included)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest alvinkh

hi guys.. i noticed my settings > buttons got 2 Button.. but i couldnt locate those 2 buttons.. anyone knows how to solve it or remove that 2 Buttons from the setting?

Guest ravelcop
I added the Samsung Modem in my Flash Guide post, I think it's a good idea if you install it.

Also I think that if you don't want to flash the CSC you can't choose the language in the Language Select label (maybe this is the reason why it's not detecting ur phone)

thanks for replying tacchan, so i'm gonna install the Samsung modem after this. but what do you suggest? should i upgrade CSC as well? i honestly dont have any idea what CSC is for :) i just got my phone last week and i want it upgraded to WM6.5 becoz our service center here doesn't give upgrades yet. this is my version:

pda: I8000XXIH5

csc: I8000FAMIH4

phone: I8000DXIH2

Guest tacchan23
hi guys.. i noticed my settings > buttons got 2 Button.. but i couldnt locate those 2 buttons.. anyone knows how to solve it or remove that 2 Buttons from the setting?

What you mean? in the Buttons settings you'll have 4 "buttons" (button1, button2, button1hold, button2hold)

Guest tacchan23
thanks for replying tacchan, so i'm gonna install the Samsung modem after this. but what do you suggest? should i upgrade CSC as well? i honestly dont have any idea what CSC is for :) i just got my phone last week and i want it upgraded to WM6.5 becoz our service center here doesn't give upgrades yet. this is my version:

pda: I8000XXIH5

csc: I8000FAMIH4

phone: I8000DXIH2

Honestly I'm not so sure too what CSC is for... anyway I see many people from Singapore or other SouthAsia coutries upgrading using CSC XEU (UK english), so you might do the same. (That's what I use too, I'm italian, living in Bangkok, my phone comes from Singapore)