i8000 (Omnia 2) - IGO 8 Version

Guest c_arivazhagan

Guest Jim McKenzie
read this, post 40

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/295793/...rsion/page/20/#

also if you not write what error you get how to we help?

Ok, thanks.

I managed to handle that, but now when it starts it comes to Mainscreen load and suddenly I get the "FFUIERROR: Parse error [</script> expected]

Do you know what seems to be the problem about that?

Thanks..

Guest badmania98

Which is the best Phone (.bin) radio/GPS firmware version for GPS? Please post your radio firmware and your GPS performance.

Edited by badmania98

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jh787

Have you tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

Please see post 95 in the following thread for my registry settings which give me a very fast fix with excellent accuracy.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275659/...0/#entry1238381

Edited by jh787

Guest jawso
i have the same issue. i think that this happens because in data.zip we do not have the 800_480 skin files...check the zip and look if u have them, i dont`t and i get the same error.

can some one post the data.zip file here, with this folder in it please?

Problem is, with the post from Dado (thank you btw), the data.zip file DOES contain the 800x480 and 480x800 files, but they're a different version from the igo software (for me anyhow). Between the sys.txt file and that, that was a day to figure out. The error, should somebody run across it is FFUIError (I don't recall the exact syntax) - a google search turned up incompatible versions of data.zip and the software itself.

I managed to tweak the sys.txt file to show landscape properly(800x480 landscape) - posted below. Even with the weird resolution I tried earlier (340x280? - which was crazy small on my i8000, but workable), I couldn't pick get any satellite signals - I think that's the next fight. My connection is GPS program Port COM7 and GPS hardware port COM9 and Baud Rate 57600 FYI.

I'm acquiring Nov7th NavngoIgo and will try again. I'll post how it goes with the Nov7iGO software to see if I can get the program stable at 800x480.

This worked on an Omnia i8000 had I had the right version of the software for the data.zip file posted by Dado.

[folders]

;app="Internal Storage/iGO8"

app="My Storage/IGO8"

;[utility]

;utilitymov=",1,\My Storage\IGO8,"

;utilitydel=",2,\My Storage\iGO8,"

[interface]

skin="ui_igo8_da"

minzoom2D=40

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_zoombar=1

show_exit=1

defaulttilt3d=7980

skip_contact_import=1

vga=1

;width=240

;height=320

resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]

gx_disable_detect=1

gx_force_using_dll=1

driver="GX"

rawdisplay=GX

highres=0

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

stretch=0

class="landscape"

;class="portrait"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8250

3d_max_zoomlevel = 500

3d_max_zfar = 500

3d_zfar_horizon_ratio = 200

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3500

3dcarsizemax=5000

3dcarsizemul=10000

fake2d_max_zoomlevel = 3000

roadblockicon_maxzoom = 2000

[debug]

skip_eula=1

enable_roadshadow=1

disable_outlookpoi=1

fov=40

cache=8192

;show_performance=1

;show_device_type=1

;show_rawdisplay_info=1

;double_pixel_mode=1

;doublepixel_stable_frame_time=700

[msnd]

msnd.start=0

enabled=0

[poi]

enable_pois_before_080217=1

[loading]

show_statustext=1

Guest jawso
Problem is, with the post from Dado (thank you btw), the data.zip file DOES contain the 800x480 and 480x800 files, but they're a different version from the igo software (for me anyhow). Between the sys.txt file and that, that was a day to figure out. The error, should somebody run across it is FFUIError (I don't recall the exact syntax) - a google search turned up incompatible versions of data.zip and the software itself.

I managed to tweak the sys.txt file to show landscape properly(800x480 landscape) - posted below. Even with the weird resolution I tried earlier (340x280? - which was crazy small on my i8000, but workable), I couldn't pick get any satellite signals - I think that's the next fight. My connection is GPS program Port COM7 and GPS hardware port COM9 and Baud Rate 57600 FYI.

I'm acquiring Nov7th NavngoIgo and will try again. I'll post how it goes with the Nov7iGO software to see if I can get the program stable at 800x480.

This worked on an Omnia i8000 had I had the right version of the software for the data.zip file posted by Dado.

So, after getting the newer version of iGo, the software works just fine. I've had the unit & iGO software running successfully for an hour next to a window with a huge view of the sky and no joy on picking up a signal however. Two things I can think of that might impact it - 1) I haven't yet subscribed to a wireless provider (I'm trying to see if it works w/out having to use a wireless data plan) 2) I haven't yet put in the SIM card, I'm not sure that could affect the GPS unit or not.... atm, from using *#7465625# to see if the i8000 is locked, it says it's both network and service provider locked.....again, I don't know if that's important to having the GPS unit pick up satellites or not....

Any suggestions? I'd love to have the GPS work with iGO w/out having to pay Bell an outrageous amount of money to allow me to use a function that's already IN the phone.

Guest jawso
i already posted data and branding zip, just read other pages

I have - many times.

I can get iGO software working fine, and at the right resolution - the i8000 just won't pick up satellites and I'm not sure why. From within iGO, the GPS says that the receiver is connected (at COM7/56700). Plus, Google Maps can't find satellites when I enable the GPS location search with it. Does it matter that the phone appears to be network/carrier locked?

Edited by jawso

Guest jawso
try first to connect via WiFi or USB sync to internet, then update XTRA first and try iGO (dont disconnect from internet)...

also try this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...0-wm6-5-gpsfix/

p.s.

try to be near window to get better signal

Wicked, thks Dado, I had a brief hope that the .dll fix was something that would work (I've tried nearly everything in the forums I could find), but it didn't pan out. I know that USB and WiFi work ok as I've used it to surf several times. I have my aGPS pointed to xtra1.gpsonextra.net:7275 (with the aGPS setting of 'tethered data' instead of using Bell for data) since I know the default bell website address won't work yet. I'm curious if anybody else has ever tried getting the GPS receiver working before 'activating' the phone on their network (as I mentioned earlier, this one is network/provider locked to Bell, though I haven't called them to start any service with them yet).

My phone is near to my actual GPS I've used up until now and the GPS standalone has got 6 satellites, while the i8000 has none. *scratchhead*

Edited by jawso

Guest jawso
Wicked, thks Dado, I had a brief hope that the .dll fix was something that would work (I've tried nearly everything in the forums I could find), but it didn't pan out. I know that USB and WiFi work ok as I've used it to surf several times. I have my aGPS pointed to xtra1.gpsonextra.net:7275 (with the aGPS setting of 'tethered data' instead of using Bell for data) since I know the default bell website address won't work yet. I'm curious if anybody else has ever tried getting the GPS receiver working before 'activating' the phone on their network (as I mentioned earlier, this one is network/provider locked to Bell, though I haven't called them to start any service with them yet).

My phone is near to my actual GPS I've used up until now and the GPS standalone has got 6 satellites, while the i8000 has none. *scratchhead*

Interestingly enough, where I am out in the boondocks (reception is sketchy at times on Bell and Telus phones) I can't get satellite signal on either Google Maps or iGo8.

I was at work today and tried screwing around with the phone (I still don't have a prepaid card, or any plan, nor have I activated the phone) and I got satellite signals (4) almost immediately. Weird.....that seems to indicate that it must have something to do with having good cellphone reception, even though the phone's not actually active. Tres bizarre.

[edit] - confirmed. At work, where reception is good, I turned off the phone in the wireless options, and the GPS wouldn't work at all, in fact it kept prompting me to turn the phone back on. The second I turned it back on, multiple GPS's in Google Maps and iGo found a half-dozen satellites almost immediately. Long story short, the phone doesn't need to be activated, as long as there's a sim card in the phone and the phone CAN pick up cell reception, it will pick up satellites and iGO will be useful. Too bad, I was hoping to be able to replace my GPS unit with my phone on trips but that won't happen if I can't use the phoneGPS in remote areas where there's no cell-reception.

Edited by jawso

Guest jh787
Interestingly enough, where I am out in the boondocks (reception is sketchy at times on Bell and Telus phones) I can't get satellite signal on either Google Maps or iGo8.

I was at work today and tried screwing around with the phone (I still don't have a prepaid card, or any plan, nor have I activated the phone) and I got satellite signals (4) almost immediately. Weird.....that seems to indicate that it must have something to do with having good cellphone reception, even though the phone's not actually active. Tres bizarre.

[edit] - confirmed. At work, where reception is good, I turned off the phone in the wireless options, and the GPS wouldn't work at all, in fact it kept prompting me to turn the phone back on. The second I turned it back on, multiple GPS's in Google Maps and iGo found a half-dozen satellites almost immediately. Long story short, the phone doesn't need to be activated, as long as there's a sim card in the phone and the phone CAN pick up cell reception, it will pick up satellites and iGO will be useful. Too bad, I was hoping to be able to replace my GPS unit with my phone on trips but that won't happen if I can't use the phoneGPS in remote areas where there's no cell-reception.

Have you checked what mode you have the gps in?

It should be in standalone.

Type *#1472365# in to phone and go to settings\gps

Guest jawso
Have you checked what mode you have the gps in?

It should be in standalone.

Type *#1472365# in to phone and go to settings\gps

That was it!!! I'd been in there before, but obviously didn't turn on/off the right things. I had to tweak a couple settings in the XTRA submenu in addition to putting it in standalone as you suggested, but I now have a functional GPS w/out having activated the phone. Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!!!!

Guest jh787
That was it!!! I'd been in there before, but obviously didn't turn on/off the right things. I had to tweak a couple settings in the XTRA submenu in addition to putting it in standalone as you suggested, but I now have a functional GPS w/out having activated the phone. Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!!!!

No probs mate.

If you are having probs with signal acqisition delay or quality then please see post number 95 onwards on the following thread

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275659/...0/#entry1238381

Edited by jh787

• 1 month later...
Guest y17dt
IGO Amigo data.gro and branding.gro

- Omnia WQVGA resolution 400x240 and 240x400 support (can use in Omnia 2 with correct sys.txt - see below)

- support all Amigo version

- no other resolution in this release... can use in Omnia i900 and Omnia i8000 (tested)

http://rapidshare.com/files/351362855/data.gro

http://rapidshare.com/files/351363093/branding.gro

sys.txt

[interface]

resolution_dir="400_240"

skin="ui_igo_easy"

[smartzoom]

minangle=85

maxangle=85

[map]

2dheadup=1

3dlandmarks="1"

3dbuildings="1"

3ddem="3"

3dterrain="1"

3droads="1"

[rawdisplay]

driver=GDI

highres=1

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

stretch=0

[power]

powermgm_state=0

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

shutdown_time=0

[gps]

Port=7

Baud=57600

[registry]

oninit1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD:0"

onexitreset1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD"

Hi Dado...

Tried your Data.gro, Branding.gro and sys.txt on my Omnia 2. First time My Omnia really starts Amigo! Thanks for this!

But I got a problem with the display. It looks like there is the Amigo-screen 3times on my Display.

Just look on the pics...

What can I do?

The branding.gro has a size of 3kb, is that ok?

It would b nice, if you could give me an advice

Regards

post-606384-1275035990_thumb.jpg

post-606384-1275036002_thumb.jpg

Guest Darius P.
Hi Dado...

Tried your Data.gro, Branding.gro and sys.txt on my Omnia 2. First time My Omnia really starts Amigo! Thanks for this!

But I got a problem with the display. It looks like there is the Amigo-screen 3times on my Display.

Just look on the pics...

What can I do?

The branding.gro has a size of 3kb, is that ok?

It would b nice, if you could give me an advice

Regards

try to change from highres=1 to highres=0

in sys.txt and in system.ini ig8/save dir.

if doesn't helps try to add:

in [rawdisplay]

autoconfig=1

or look for another data.zip and branding.zip files.

Edited by Darius P.

Guest y17dt
try to change from highres=1 to highres=0

in sys.txt and in system.ini ig8/save dir.

if doesn't helps try to add:

in [rawdisplay]

autoconfig=1

or look for another data.gro and branding.gro files.

Hi,

didn´t have highres in system.ini.

Changed it in sys.txt

Also tried [rawdisplay] autoconfig=1

But it didn´t work :(

Do you have working data.gro and branding.gro?

• 2 months later...
Guest harrymcqueen
iGO8 v8.3.4.117940 data.zip and branding zip for Omnia 2 i8000 (tested)

- Omnia WVGA resolution 800x480 and 480x800 support

- support DA (driver alert) in latest version iGO8 v8.3.4.117940

- no other resolution in this release... not for Omnia i900

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357379/data.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357746/branding.zip

sys.txt for microSD card

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

skin="ui_igo8_da"

shutdown_time=0

vga=0

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

autoconfig=1

driver="GDI"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=7800

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3000

3dcarsizemax=4500

3dcarsizemul=10000

[feature]

signpost_coloring=1

If you place iGO8 on My storage change this line in sys.txt

[folders]

app="My Storage/iGO8"

Hi, should this data.zip also work with iGO8 v8.3.2.97313? I dont have the 8.3.4.x version.

I have tried various sys.txt and data.zip files none of the combinations worked in fullscreen (800x480) Mode.

My Original data.zip also has 800x480 and 480x800 in its config but only the standard resolution skins worked!!!

Do i need to insert the branding.zip file???

regards

Harry

Guest Dado...

no.. this data.zip is for DA iGO version 8.3.4

but you can try rename folder ui_igo8_da under data.zip and branding.zip to ui_igo8

also dont forget use i sys.txt

[interface]

skin="ui_igo8"

Edited by Dado...

• 3 months later...

Hi,

It's very nice to see so many replies to this common subject; though I managed to fix the

startup time issue, I feel there is not enough :P.

The battery is discharging too fast- in good sattelite signal conditions, nice weather.

Is there any solution for this?

10x