i8000 (Omnia 2) - IGO 8 Version

Guest c_arivazhagan

Guest c_arivazhagan

Friends,

I have iGo 8.3.2.64029 - Nov 7 2008.

It takes more than 5 mins to LOCK the GPS Satellites.

Those who have perfectly working iGo version (with i8000), please report the below.

This would certainly help many of us looking for the best iGo version for i8000 (or Omnia 2)

iGo Version & release date

COM Port number

Baud rate

Thanks, Ari

Guest tim1979
Hello I use the igo8 v 8.3.4.102680 13 aug 2009 and takes 10 seconds to get hot signal and about 1 minute in cold

com port 7

baud rate 4800

Hi akirita,

I am using the same version of IGO 8 as yours but mine is set at 9600.

May i know what is your phone GPS setting ?

Same as IGO,

GPS program port : 7

GPS hardware port : 9

baud rate 9600

i am searching for the best baud rate for getting a lock.

thanks!

Guest PeterPan0815

hello

why change the GPS settings on Omnia2 ?

Is Baud rate 4800 not good ?

i used ROM IJC and the default settings.

have somebody test in GPS settings the Xtra , update xtra data and used aktiv SNT-server in this option.

Somebody says the connect are better with Xtra.

Guest c_arivazhagan
hello

why change the GPS settings on Omnia2 ?

Is Baud rate 4800 not good ?

i used ROM IJC and the default settings.

have somebody test in GPS settings the Xtra , update xtra data and used aktiv SNT-server in this option.

Somebody says the connect are better with Xtra.

Hallo PeterPan0815, Vielen Dank.

Nice to see so many replies.

I use the Secany ROM i8000NXXIJ9.

Now I am trying with your version iGo 8.3.4.102680.

I will report the outcome in few hours.

Thanks, Ari

Guest angkung
Friends,

I have iGo 8.3.2.64029 - Nov 7 2008.

It takes more than 5 mins to LOCK the GPS Satellites.

Those who have perfectly working iGo version (with i8000), please report the below.

This would certainly help many of us looking for the best iGo version for i8000 (or Omnia 2)

iGo Version & release date

COM Port number

Baud rate

Thanks, Ari

I think it is normal for the first time running GPS application, once the program recognized the satellite, it should take short time to run, for next run...... :)

Guest The PeaceMakeR

Without Xtra Data:

1st run after a cold start - 5 min+

next runs - less than 1 min

With Download of Xtra data

1st run - less than 30 sec

next runs 10 sec max

Tested with versions 8.3.2 and 8.3.4

I'm using:

IGO 8.3.4.102680

GPS program port : 7

GPS hardware port : 9

baud rate 9600

Without Xtra data

1st run: under 4 minutes

next runs: under 45 seconds

Xtra data

1st run: under 45 seconds

next runs: under 10 seconds

I think it's quite logical that you would get a faster fix with Xtra data (A-GPS) Basically the phone tells your GPS what satellites to look for instead of looking all over the place.

I also have a modified sys.txt which starts up IGO in landscape mode instead of portrait and IGO remains top when I receive a call.

Edited by XeOS

Guest c_arivazhagan
Hello I use the igo8 v 8.3.4.102680 13 aug 2009 and takes 10 seconds to get hot signal and about 1 minute in cold

com port 7

baud rate 4800

Thanks a lot akirita!

Version 8.3.4.102680 works cool!!

Can someone please post a working sys.txt ? I have tried different versions found on the web and all of them have resolution messed up for Omnia II.

Here is mine. I hope it helps.

My version is 8.3.2

sys.txt

Guest Qualquer coisa

Wow!!

My Omnia 2 takes +/- 10 minutes to get an cold fix with XTRA data! Clear sky driving in a high way!

But i have NODATA running, so it's normal to take longer, since A-GPS needs an internet conection??

My version is 8.3.2

I had a look at your file and noticed that you have screen_x=480 and screen_y=800 and stretch=1 in [raw display] and VGA=1 in [interface]. Does it mean that you don't have resolution 480x800 and 800x480 in your data.zip?

I have VGA=0 (and both resolutions in data.zip and skin) and it works fine without a need for setting screen_x=480 and screen_y=800 or stretch. Just curious...

Edited by wes58

Guest hckrohz

Are you guys running 61 or wm6.5?

I updated my iGo8 through the content manager yesterday (but I don't know which version it is) but under 6.5 iGo8 simply does not start! I can see the Startup screen and a base line info "init API" and thats all. After that I'm back on my home screen.

I had a look at your file and noticed that you have screen_x=480 and screen_y=800 and stretch=1 in [raw display] and VGA=1 in [interface]. Does it mean that you don't have resolution 480x800 and 800x480 in your data.zip?

I have VGA=0 (and both resolutions in data.zip and skin) and it works fine without a need for setting screen_x=480 and screen_y=800 or stretch. Just curious...

This is a combination that worked for me. My sys.txt needs some more customization.

Edited by dorosk

Are you guys running 61 or wm6.5?

I updated my iGo8 through the content manager yesterday (but I don't know which version it is) but under 6.5 iGo8 simply does not start! I can see the Startup screen and a base line info "init API" and thats all. After that I'm back on my home screen.

I'm running 6.1 on Omnia II, but it also works on my TyTN II with 6.5

Check your sys.txt to see if it shows the correct location

[folders]

app="My Storage/iGO8"

[utility]

utilitymov=",1,\My Storage\IGO8,"

utilitydel=",2,\My Storage\iGO8,"

Guest JuveInside

Hi Everyone !!

After upgrade to WM 6.5 the IGO8 Navigatior is no more working.....

i tried to reinstall , but none.... no working....

someone has same problem?

Thank you

Max

Guest hckrohz
I'm running 6.1 on Omnia II, but it also works on my TyTN II with 6.5

Check your sys.txt to see if it shows the correct location

[folders]

app="My Storage/iGO8"

[utility]

utilitymov=",1,\My Storage\IGO8,"

utilitydel=",2,\My Storage\iGO8,"

Okay, but where did you install your iGo8? I have a folder iG08 on sd card and one more igo8 folder in the internal storage. Both of them have the same sys.txt with your changes...

Guest tim1979

Hi All,

Dont know if i am having illusion or not. I was with igo8 3.4 and installed with s2u2 2.10. It take around 2+min to get a warm lock.

But since recent update of s2u2 from 2.10 to 2.14, i am having a 3 sec warm log.

Did anyone having this issue?

thanks

Okay, but where did you install your iGo8? I have a folder iG08 on sd card and one more igo8 folder in the internal storage. Both of them have the same sys.txt with your changes...

It is installed in "My Storage"

To test copy all your files in the IGO8 directory in My Storage and try to run directly from the file manager the iGO8.exe

Guest kostas1

Hi all i just got my omnia 2 and try to intall igo8 i done all i can with it for the life of me it want accept it,

It asks for original SD when i try to open can somebody give me a step by step istructions how to sort it

cheers

Guest Wissam Al Adany
Hi all i just got my omnia 2 and try to intall igo8 i done all i can with it for the life of me it want accept it,

It asks for original SD when i try to open can somebody give me a step by step istructions how to sort it

cheers

Hello,

Would you please tell your case in details...how about the error msg u have when u click igo8.exe?

For your info, Igo does not need installation...u can just copy the directory to your storage card. But takecare, the trick is that all the IGO setting is in a file called sys.txt in the same folder...you have to write the correct bath of your IGO folder in order to run smoothly....

Guys, I think the part responsible for the GPS in the ROM is the phone part, which might be different version than the ROM...

Hence, I guess when you report your GPS status, you should tell us the Phone version you are using as well as of course the WM version.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moonorn

My version is 8.3.2

Attached File(s) txt.gif sys.txt ( 1.05K ) Number of downloads: 227

i had download and copy your sys.txt to my igo8 8.3.4... it shown the message.. do you want to change the setting to the original. and then it shown that sd card cannot be found. help me please.