O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest NetBladeZ

I am facing the same problem, don't think its the software. Imagine this..

1. My compass don't work.

2. I formatted my internal memory, (0 contacts 0 calendar events)

3. Presto! Compass works!

4. Sync back my Contacts and Calendar events

5. Presto ! My compass dies again.

Doesn't work for me. The arrow doesn't move.

Also I have installed SDK 2.1 and rebooted the phone. Same result.

Flashlight function works pretty good.

Guest .:stn:.
The full takes about 20MB, and the black is just a compass skin. Where do you want to install it? I don't think you have more than 20MB on Device memory. Try to install it to storage card or my storage.

the problem is that installation process doesn't even go to this point, after a sec it says installation unsuccessful. Weird thing.

Guest Rapid81
I am facing the same problem, don't think its the software. Imagine this..

1. My compass don't work.

2. I formatted my internal memory, (0 contacts 0 calendar events)

3. Presto! Compass works!

4. Sync back my Contacts and Calendar events

5. Presto ! My compass dies again.

Theoretically the contacts and calendar events not even close to anything in the software. Do you use any custom ROMs? Maybe try to uninstall the SDK if it's installed (which version? 2.0? 2.1?), then try.

the problem is that installation process doesn't even go to this point, after a sec it says installation unsuccessful. Weird thing.

Try redownload it or try the minimum installer. Maybe the downloaded CAB is corrupted somehow.

Guest dwallersv

Very nice, Rapid! great work.

Saw your "todo" list, and would add these comments: I think the Google Maps integration is the top of the list. With the waypoint feature, it's really essential now to have an easy way to designate one... having to determine lat/lon and type it in is a real pain.

Also, the GM interface provides for three map types -- road, sat, and terrain (i.e. like USGS terrain elevation maps). So be sure you provide a way to switch between them.

The interface to GM is really pretty straightforward and simple. Shouldn't be a lot of work to integrate it with your app... here's an article to get you started: http://www.developer.com/article.php/3528381

I'm playing with this myself right now. Pretty simple. Just use NETCF to create a browser widget in your app, and then you can feed and control it through the AJAX interfaces described in google's API.

Finally, a semantic comment regarding "waypoint": Unless you plan to implement a more sophisticated navigation system, with multiple waypoints and assisted nav, what we're really talking about here is a destination, not a waypoint. The app provides the quite valuable functionality of navigating to that destination. So I'd think about redoing the labeling.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest DunKnow

I like your work Rapid81, you are the few who are serious in developing your freeware. Thank You for your hardwork, i look forward to your future development ;)

Guest Rapid81
The interface to GM is really pretty straightforward and simple. Shouldn't be a lot of work to integrate it with your app... here's an article to get you started: http://www.developer.com/article.php/3528381

I'm playing with this myself right now. Pretty simple. Just use NETCF to create a browser widget in your app, and then you can feed and control it through the AJAX interfaces described in google's API.

Thanx the advices. I was played a little with GM recently, and it's really not so easy. You need the API key, and an API key have limited download count. You can't use my API key, because this limit, and therefore every user need to have an API key. I tried the VB.NET integrated Browser element, but it's not even start and does not want to download even a static GM map. I will read this article (thx) and will see how to go on. Right now I'm playing with the decimal and sexagesimal formats in writeout and destination. Anyway, if you have source codes to integrate the GM API in a NETCF app, you can help me out with that. :(

And about the painful coordinate input. If you searching for geocaching boxes, you have the pure coordinates only, nothing else. ;)

BTW destination: I will change the label. :D Thx again.

Next versions:

I will provide upgrades. In that way you not need uninstall the old and install the new versions. Full installers will exists either, but if you have an installed O2Compass, you'll not need to use that, just the upgrades. In upgrades I will put the recreated backgrounds either. In the next version the waypoints (destination) background and the options background (maybe the skin to add metal detectors skin change) will change.

Right now:

I was implemented the sexagesimal format coordinates writeout and the waypoint input mode in this format. More tests needed, but right now seems it's working. Oh, and now have a GPS turn off button too.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
Actually, i've made HD2 skin long time ago for v2.0 ...

it was released on russian site 4pda.ru

Can you create an installer to the version 3.1 and upload somewhere? Then I can upload it to my 4shared directory in the Compass Skins folder to share with everybody.

The method is not the same as in the 2.0. Now you need to put your compass' images and the background in the "Installation folder\Compass\<Your skin name>" folder.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest dwallersv
Thanx the advices. I was played a little with GM recently, and it's really not so easy. You need the API key, and an API key have limited download count. You can't use my API key, because this limit, and therefore every user need to have an API key. I tried the VB.NET integrated Browser element, but it's not even start and does not want to download even a static GM map. I will read this article (thx) and will see how to go on. Right now I'm playing with the decimal and sexagesimal formats in writeout and destination. Anyway, if you have source codes to integrate the GM API in a NETCF app, you can help me out with that. ;)
I'm just goofing around with it right now, but I'll be happy to share any sourcecode where I get something working. I'm doing it in VB, btw.

Another place you might get some help is from the author of GPSSkinner. His app makes use of Google Maps in a way similar to what you want to do. Check out his app, and drop him a line. I expect the two of you could exchange some ideas and maybe even some code (his app, which serves a different purpose than yours, doesn't have compass functionality, something he might be interested in).

Guest lantony
Hi everyone,

I just made adaptation of HTC HD2 Digital Compass skin.

And just as I finished it, rapid posted newer version of O2Compass. Touh!! ;) :D :(

To simplify - attached skin is applicable only to compass itself, as I didn't have time to do other PSDs.

In order to use it - just overwrite existing compass image files (including background.jpg) of your current skin.

bckgroundweb.jpg

Here is the link: HD2 Compass Skin

P.S. Rapid, could you please also include metal detector PSD in your future SDK in order to be able to edit whole skin. Thanks for your hard work!!!

Just installed the new version 3 and applied the HD2 skin, it looks so much better! What a pity that it's still a bit laggy but for that i think we should wait the 3d accelerated version.

Is the metal detector working for you guys? On my omnia it only detects the north :S not the metal

Guest Rapid81
how to change background and skin. I have installed background.cab and blackskin.cab

On the skins page with the dropdown lists. Did you installed the backgrounds and the black skin to the same place where the program was installed? If not, it will never works.

Is the metal detector working for you guys? On my omnia it only detects the north :S not the metal

The metal detector detects iron (magnetisable metals).

Great job, i've tested the latest edition 3.1 works great.

Some tips thou, the software work exactly like other gps software where you need to be in clear sky to get good satellites receptions then only the software will show the direction of the preset waypoint. Check the Gps Datas by sliding the compass with your finger to the left and look at the number of satellites detected, normally it take more than 8 to get the satellites locked to your location.

So don't expect the arrow waypoint will visible in building or during bad weather where satellites reception are bad.

Tips on how to get waypoint from google map

1. Search location in google map example: Kaaba Saudi Arabia

2. When location detected in google map with tag, right mouse click the tag and select what's here?

3. The latitude and longitude will be displayed in the search field in this case: 21.423069,39.826169

Where latitude: 21.423069 and longitude: 39.826169

:( :D ;) :D

China block practically most of the download website except Rapidshare.

Can some kind soul upload the V3 to Rapidshare.

Thank you.

ps. the black colour theme of hd2 too pls.

Edited by jkgtan

Guest Rapid81
how change skin and background after installed ? Or it changes auto

Read back before ask! Just only 2 posts before yours! I was answered your question already, so read it!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest phnikola

Hi all,

I prepared full O2 3.1 skin in HD2 manner.

Check the thumbnails.

Hope you will like it!!

And here is the LINK

P.S. Rapid, could you please prepare cab of it. Didn't have WinCE Cab Manager with me. Cheers!

post-211293-1265852379_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852422_thumb.jpg

post-211293-1265852452_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852466_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852481_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852503_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852516_thumb.png

post-211293-1265852847_thumb.jpg

Edited by phnikola

Guest yshaikh01
Hi all,

Check the thumbnails.

Hope you will like it!!

And here is the LINK

P.S. Rapid, could you please prepare cab of it. Didn't have WinCE Cab Manager with me. Cheers!

Very nice using this one now.

Guest Rapid81
Hi all,

Check the thumbnails.

Hope you will like it!!

And here is the LINK

Very nice. I will create a cab soon (I'm using PocketPC Installation Creator). And I will fix the degree writeout's background at spirit level. ;)

3.2 coming soon with little fixes and some needed extras, but I think you need to redo some of your backgrounds then. :D

Google Maps update:

I played a little with that, but with none or half success. A part of the map was downloaded and displayed, but during downloading, the browser said "Stack overflow at line: XX" and "Out of memory at line: XX". If anyone has a good source to implement Google Maps JavaScript in VB.NET browser element...

Edited by Rapid81

Guest phnikola
Very nice. I will create a cab soon (I'm using PocketPC Installation Creator). And I will fix the degree writeout's background at spirit level. ;)

3.2 coming soon with little fixes and some needed extras, but I think you need to redo some of your backgrounds then. :D

OK, count on me.

Guest SCImoto

Hey Rapid,

Thanks a lot for all your work.

It's people like you (and all of you who keep writing new "apps", that makes life with an Omnia 2 livable :-)

THX Dudes.

Guest Rapid81

I was uploaded the 3.2 update and the SDK's update too. The full installer coming soon.

The update requires the installed 3.1!!!

Check the first post for changes informations.

It's containing 2 new Metal detector background. ;)

to phnikola:

I'm waiting for your update of your HD2 skin to create an installer to it and upload.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Alex.Shastov

Rapid81

Hi!

Excellent compass! Good work!

here is my wish:

would be good to add button "menu" and move there following:

Options

Skins

Exit

Otherwise, it's possible to change skin accidentally while switching screens.

Ok I tested GPS and calbrate today and everything is still working perfectly fine ! On My Omnia Pro B7610. Now i can't imagine how good it would be to see gps+compass on google maps plan !!!

Guest Rapid81
would be good to add button "menu" and move there following:

Options

Skins

Exit

Otherwise, it's possible to change skin accidentally while switching screens.

I'm thinking about it too. ;) We'll see in the next version.

Update:

I was uploaded the full installers and the full SDK.

Edited by Rapid81