[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest Iwan Rustandi
Now you're cookin. No pun intended. I've run a TF3D 1.3 cab on my O2 before. It was stable and fairly fast. I just could not configure it the way I wanted. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with this. Really looking forward to having this on my phone. Keep up the great work. As I posted before I love your X-920 V1.0 SP1 which is my ROM of choice now. I use SPB MS for my UI and have configured it be as close to a Sence home page as I can make it. Super fast with no hangups.

Give me rom bro .... !!! please

Guest dgyahn
Give me rom bro .... !!! please

Hi Iwan,

I assume you are asking me how I got my today screen to look like it does in Post #90. Well it's not the ROM. As I said I use Lightweaver's X-920 V1.0 ROM available in Post #1 of this forum. This ROM is excellent and is my ROM of choice. To get my today screen to look like this I use 2 add on programs. The first is SPB Mobile Shell, it's a commercial program and can be found here. The second is a free Mobile Shell add on from XDA Developers and can be found here. I've configure it to give me a Sence type screen with all the functionality of my underlying ROM and without all the glitches that seem to be filled with the TF3D Sence ROMs and it's extremely fast.

Private message me if you want help in getting your Today Screen to look like mine. If you like I can also send you my dynamic background which changes the icon on the lower left of the screen to match your page.

UPDATE I've created a detailed how-to which you can find here.

post-538633-1299087227_thumb.png

post-538633-1299087242_thumb.png

post-538633-1299087257_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

Guest dgyahn
I am using the base rom with SP1, how do I access to Add/Remove program in this ROM? Thanks.

Go to the program menu and click on "Settings". Scroll down to "Memory Settings" and click on it. Click on "Main Storage" and you will see a list of the installed programs you can delete.

post-538633-1299101508_thumb.png

post-538633-1299101516_thumb.png

post-538633-1299101521_thumb.png

post-538633-1299101526_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

Guest xlightwaverx
please why error in audiomanager ....menu sense ?

pleasse help me ....

What kind of error are you receiving? Is it the known Manila issue of "unsigned drivers for audiomanager_eng.exe."

X

Guest Iwan Rustandi
Hi Iwan,

I assume you are asking me how I got my today screen to look like it does in Post #90. Well it's not the ROM. As I said I use Lightweaver's X-920 V1.0 ROM available in Post #1 of this forum. This ROM is excellent and is my ROM of choice. To get my today screen to look like this I use 2 add on programs. The first is SPB Mobile Shell, it's a commercial program and can be found here. The second is a free Mobile Shell add on from XDA Developers and can be found here. I've configure it to give me a Sence type screen with all the functionality of my underlying ROM and without all the glitches that seem to be filled with the TF3D Sence ROMs and it's extremely fast.

Private message me if you want help in getting your Today Screen to look like mine. If you like I can also send you my dynamic background which changes the icon on the lower left of the screen to match your page.

dgyahn

Give me guide, !! please

Guest yieldsign2

First time playing with new roms. Used Octan and all the steps for windows 7 described in the how to thread. First time through it stalled at about 67% through the first time octans says loading IMG to ram..

Next time it worked OK.

Sense kept crashing, so I went to try 1.0 instead.

Was going fine, but on the second time octans says sending IMG to RAM it stalled at 89%.

Since then, I haven't been able to get any rom to go past 15% on the first sending IMG to RAM. I can't seem to get hard reset keys (up volume and lock, call and power) to do anything besides bring up that phone .. ! .. computer image on the screen.

I only chose the PDA option each time, I thought you can't brick it that way? (though in my experience you can brick it in any way!)

Is my phone doneski?

Edit: Just tried again and got slightly further, got to the second iteration of send img and then stalled at 7%... wtf

EDIT 2: Finally got Octans working on a different USB port and the flash went through (2.0 again), too scared to try going back to x-920 v1.0 now..

Edited by yieldsign2

Guest yieldsign2

More importantly, now that I have a ROM back..

Does anyone else have the problem that sense is disappearing on them , I'm guessing windows is killing it due to memory usage? But my memory available looks fine..

Guest amdzero
First time playing with new roms. Used Octan and all the steps for windows 7 described in the how to thread. First time through it stalled at about 67% through the first time octans says loading IMG to ram..

Next time it worked OK.

Sense kept crashing, so I went to try 1.0 instead.

Was going fine, but on the second time octans says sending IMG to RAM it stalled at 89%.

Since then, I haven't been able to get any rom to go past 15% on the first sending IMG to RAM. I can't seem to get hard reset keys (up volume and lock, call and power) to do anything besides bring up that phone .. ! .. computer image on the screen.

I only chose the PDA option each time, I thought you can't brick it that way? (though in my experience you can brick it in any way!)

Is my phone doneski?

Edit: Just tried again and got slightly further, got to the second iteration of send img and then stalled at 7%... wtf

EDIT 2: Finally got Octans working on a different USB port and the flash went through (2.0 again), too scared to try going back to x-920 v1.0 now..

This is what I use for flashing my roms:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=62903

I hacked the octans loader, to make it much easier to read. Its essentially the same but cleaner.

btw the HARD reset combination is with phone off, press the reset button to turn the phone on, then JUST AFTER THE PHONE VIBRATES, press

SEND KEY+END KEY+LOCK BUTTON at the same time and hold until you see the format screen. It takes a few tries to keep trying.

I've flashed my phone close to 1000 times, and never once bricked it.

KEEP FLASHING!

Guest xlightwaverx
if this was discussed earlier, i didnt see it. Does anyone know why there is no sms count??

In what area is this regarding? Or what part of the ROM are you referencing?

X

Guest xlightwaverx
if this was discussed earlier, i didnt see it. Does anyone know why there is no sms count??

X

Guest xlightwaverx
More importantly, now that I have a ROM back..

Does anyone else have the problem that sense is disappearing on them , I'm guessing windows is killing it due to memory usage? But my memory available looks fine..

Sense will load (You can watch the X920 Task Bar consume up the RAM as it loads) and you can watch it spit it out when Sense crashes back out. The issue with that is, Sense will load and stay loaded unless a file or resource it needs becomes lost, or not available. By the sounds of your previous posts, you have been having some issues physically cooking this ROM. My apologies.

But more importantly, is the reason why. I'm no expert, but based on what you have posted, it seems like your data connection cable might have some issues, or data is not correctly getting sent to the phone. I know Octans can check this, but maybe something is being misinterpreted. Are you using the correct SCH-i920 Data Connection Cable? Have you bent the cable, or does it have possible breaks that may not be viewable? I worry about this with mine because of the amount of usage it gets, and I always try to keep it loosely coiled when I put it away and not directly bend it.

It may be causing data to not get transferred to the phone correctly, and hence if it DOES not get all the files written to PDA correctly, Sense will crash out.

My suggestion, try another ROM. Or possibly re-download, and try again. If these do not work, I would suggest picking up another cable.

X

Guest sixstrings

X

i'll get a noticfication icon in the taskbar sometimes, but never on the sms widget count

Guest xlightwaverx
i'll get a noticfication icon in the taskbar sometimes, but never on the sms widget count

Could you post a screen shot? I would like to see this for I am trying to duplicate the issue.

Thanks,

X

Guest yieldsign2
Sense will load (You can watch the X920 Task Bar consume up the RAM as it loads) and you can watch it spit it out when Sense crashes back out. The issue with that is, Sense will load and stay loaded unless a file or resource it needs becomes lost, or not available. By the sounds of your previous posts, you have been having some issues physically cooking this ROM. My apologies.

But more importantly, is the reason why. I'm no expert, but based on what you have posted, it seems like your data connection cable might have some issues, or data is not correctly getting sent to the phone. I know Octans can check this, but maybe something is being misinterpreted. Are you using the correct SCH-i920 Data Connection Cable? Have you bent the cable, or does it have possible breaks that may not be viewable? I worry about this with mine because of the amount of usage it gets, and I always try to keep it loosely coiled when I put it away and not directly bend it.

It may be causing data to not get transferred to the phone correctly, and hence if it DOES not get all the files written to PDA correctly, Sense will crash out.

My suggestion, try another ROM. Or possibly re-download, and try again. If these do not work, I would suggest picking up another cable.

X

I appreciate the help. I think you are right on about the cable. It is a new cable, but it is not an official samsung cable, it is from amazon. I have since gone to the ultralite + sense rom and it seems fine there. Also, flashing has been without fault since I have switched to a different USB port. It's a brand new laptop, but it has the sandy bridge i7... meaning it has that potentially faulty SATA port, and the port I was using when cooking was failing was the combo USB/ESATA port.. who knows! All I know , is on a different USB port it seems to be working much better.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, I liked this all in one ROM , really liked tthe start menu, battery clock bar, and the applications included, but it was pretty slow to me (again, might be related to my install). Hoping the final version of ver. 2 comes out soon.

Guest sixstrings
Could you post a screen shot? I would like to see this for I am trying to duplicate the issue.

Thanks,

X

nevermind, i got it working bro. thanks anyway

Guest dahvoo

X,

I just started using your X-920 version with SP1, and wanted to know the best way to change the icons back to the default ones that are on the Samsung stock.

I got use to the stock icons and they look nice with the (mostly black) background I like to use.

Awesome rom by the way. I remember when you told me several months ago that using this phone with the stock rom is an embarrassment due to all the stuff Samsung put/left on it from other phones. I've kept going back to the stock rom after trying out different cooked roms just because I like the look of the Samsung programs in general (touch player, dialer, lock screen, etc) and as it turns out, the icons too.

Guest xlightwaverx
X,

I just started using your X-920 version with SP1, and wanted to know the best way to change the icons back to the default ones that are on the Samsung stock.

I got use to the stock icons and they look nice with the (mostly black) background I like to use.

Awesome rom by the way. I remember when you told me several months ago that using this phone with the stock rom is an embarrassment due to all the stuff Samsung put/left on it from other phones. I've kept going back to the stock rom after trying out different cooked roms just because I like the look of the Samsung programs in general (touch player, dialer, lock screen, etc) and as it turns out, the icons too.

Use JWMD Icon Changer, bottom left of second page of X-Menu. I redesigned the icons to work at a higher resolution, while simultaneously allowing them to match the ROM's iReflect Theme. You might have to hunt in the \windows folder if the program doesn't revert them back for you. There should be a default icon option in that program though.

X

Guest chriswells13

Has anyone tried this out yet: Sense Test X-920 2.5.2018 (Sense 2.5.2018) on top of X-920 Lite/Base/TouchWiz

If so how is it working? I would try it myself, but I'm happy with X's non-sense version with SPB Mobile Shell and the DOC3000 GTX Theme. The only problem I have with X's lite version is every time I install a program the installer works but it hangs up so I have to restart my phone. A small price to pay for such a nice effort.

Guest dgyahn
Has anyone tried this out yet: Sense Test X-920 2.5.2018 (Sense 2.5.2018) on top of X-920 Lite/Base/TouchWiz

If so how is it working? I would try it myself, but I'm happy with X's non-sense version with SPB Mobile Shell and the DOC3000 GTX Theme. The only problem I have with X's lite version is every time I install a program the installer works but it hangs up so I have to restart my phone. A small price to pay for such a nice effort.

I haven't tried X's Sence yet. Like you I use the X-920 ROM with SPB Mobile Shell and DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I haven't experienced any hangup with installing programs. Everything works great. You might have to reflash the ROM to get the installer to stop hanging. As I said it works fine for me and I've installed over 30 programs to my phone.

Edited by dgyahn

Guest chriswells13
I haven't tried X's Sence yet. Like you I use the X-920 ROM with SPB Mobile Shell and DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I haven't experienced any hangup with installing programs. Everything works great. You might have to reflash the ROM to get the installer to stop hanging. As I said it works fine for me and I've installed over 30 programs to my phone.

If I reflash and the installer hangs again and I have to reboot my phone a bunch of times I'm going to be peeved :( Seriously, though after I install a program the screen shows that the cab file as successfully installed, but there is no OK or exit button. I can close out of that screen with the call end button, but that screen will periodically pop back up and it's not listed as a task in task manager that I can just stop. So just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, on your screen after you install an app, there is an OK or an exit button? Thanks in advance for the help.

Guest xlightwaverx
If I reflash and the installer hangs again and I have to reboot my phone a bunch of times I'm going to be peeved :) Seriously, though after I install a program the screen shows that the cab file as successfully installed, but there is no OK or exit button. I can close out of that screen with the call end button, but that screen will periodically pop back up and it's not listed as a task in task manager that I can just stop. So just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, on your screen after you install an app, there is an OK or an exit button? Thanks in advance for the help.

Have you tried clicking where the OK button would be on your screen? :( Or how about possibly hitting the OK button the left of your phone :(

X