[ROMS] X920 Series: All-In-One (Sense 2.5.2021, Titanium, TouchWizUI)

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
chkdsk

temporaily disable av?

defrag? (this stuff has lots of small files)

disable thumbnails?

It just made a CBS.log file that was enormous. Apparently with issues, whatever they are. Problem is solved though. Thank you.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest tasiocarlsen
It just made a CBS.log file that was enormous. Apparently with issues, whatever they are. Problem is solved though. Thank you.

X

Glad that worked for you.

Guest xlightwaverx
Glad that worked for you.

Try this out. It's the registry settings for VVM from DG21 Stock. Let me know how it works.

xLightWaverx.at.Modaco.XDA.VVM.Registry.Settings.cab

Well, that fix you posted worked enough for me to get into the OEM folder, and CAB up the settings, but now I am blocked out AGAIN of my OEM folder of my kitchen... Any more suggestions?

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest tasiocarlsen
Try this out. It's the registry settings for VVM from DG21 Stock. Let me know how it works.

xLightWaverx.at.Modaco.XDA.VVM.Registry.Settings.cab

Well, that fix you posted worked enough for me to get into the OEM folder, and CAB up the settings, but now I am blocked out AGAIN of my OEM folder of my kitchen... Any more suggestions?

X

Thanks for the cab. It didn't work for me but thank you for the effort. Your problem sounds a bit viral. If you download Malware bytes anti malware from filehippo.com and run, it may fix the problem (Its free and finds things others don't). otherwise you might try right clicking on the drive in explorer and selecting properties. From the tools tab select check disk and have it run at next boot. Hope that helps.

Guest xlightwaverx
Thanks for the cab. It didn't work for me but thank you for the effort. Your problem sounds a bit viral. If you download Malware bytes anti malware from filehippo.com and run, it may fix the problem (Its free and finds things others don't). otherwise you might try right clicking on the drive in explorer and selecting properties. From the tools tab select check disk and have it run at next boot. Hope that helps.

Ok, I'll look into it. Those settings are the only VVM settings I removed. Good Luck with it.

This is what the MalWare scanner found:

post-721779-1301446244_thumb.jpg

It sucks because that is a very useful cooking tool.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dahvoo

X, sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

I'm using the Sense 2.0 Pre-release rom. How do I get MobileAP to work? I turn it on, and it says, "Check 3G. Error to get the information of 3G data connection. You need to configure manually. Click 3G Settings on Menu". I go to menu, 3G Settings, and select "Broadband Access", then done.

When I click on the big blue antenna button (3G to Wi-Fi), it says "Data Connection is already enabled", but nothing is happening. I can't find it as an access point.

Guest xlightwaverx
X, sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

I'm using the Sense 2.0 Pre-release rom. How do I get MobileAP to work? I turn it on, and it says, "Check 3G. Error to get the information of 3G data connection. You need to configure manually. Click 3G Settings on Menu". I go to menu, 3G Settings, and select "Broadband Access", then done.

When I click on the big blue antenna button (3G to Wi-Fi), it says "Data Connection is already enabled", but nothing is happening. I can't find it as an access point.

Its not dumb at all.

You are doing everything correct. When you get to the last state where it says "Data Connection is Already Enabled," just click the taskbar at the top, go into the Samsung Comm Manager, then disable your data connection, go back into MobileAP and then click the center circle to activate, and it will enable 3G over WIFI.

It does that sometimes if something has activated your data connection already.

X

Guest dahvoo
Its not dumb at all.

You are doing everything correct. When you get to the last state where it says "Data Connection is Already Enabled," just click the taskbar at the top, go into the Samsung Comm Manager, then disable your data connection, go back into MobileAP and then click the center circle to activate, and it will enable 3G over WIFI.

It does that sometimes if something has activated your data connection already.

X

Thanks for the help! I got 3G to Wi-Fi turned on, and there are 5 smaller circles that say empty with a picture of a computer on them. Is there something else to do? I try to connect to the phone (SECWIFI02). My wireless device finds it, I set up the WEP password, but when it tries to test connecting to it, it fails. I'm trying to connect a Nintendo DS by the way.

The only thing I can think of is I need to give MobileAP the mac address of the device I'm trying to connect, which relates to the 5 empty small circles, but when I click on any of the small circles there is just a beep and nothing else.

Guest xlightwaverx
Thanks for the help! I got 3G to Wi-Fi turned on, and there are 5 smaller circles that say empty with a picture of a computer on them. Is there something else to do? I try to connect to the phone (SECWIFI02). My wireless device finds it, I set up the WEP password, but when it tries to test connecting to it, it fails. I'm trying to connect a Nintendo DS by the way.

The only thing I can think of is I need to give MobileAP the mac address of the device I'm trying to connect, which relates to the 5 empty small circles, but when I click on any of the small circles there is just a beep and nothing else.

I've never tried connecting a Nintendo DSi, but all I do here to get my devices setup is, search for the phone, connect to SECWIFI02 (Or whatever I name it), put in the password, which starts out at "abcde" without the quotes, and then I'm on. The name of my computer shows up in one of those 5 little circles with a dotted line showing I am connected. I'm using it to write this right now.

I am not sure about the DSi setup, maybe there are other options in settings.

You can try disabling encryption. I know a lot of older laptops have issues connecting with it with encryption enabled. Might be a similar story.

You can try changing you IP subnet mask to a different one. Most routers use 192.168.x.x so the DSi might be searching for a hot-spot with those values.

Also, if you have a laptop, you can use 3G2WIFI (USB) or Internet Sharing to connect to your laptop to the internet, and then Network BRIDGE your Mobile connection to your WIFI, and then setup an ad-hoc network via your Windows Network Setup Wizard, and have your DSi connect to net via the laptop via the mobile. :)

Possibilities are close to endless.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest dahvoo

Never got the DS connected to MobileAP, but that's not a big deal.

I ended up switching to your version 1.0 with SP1. Got tired of using Sense and would rather just install Mobile Shell.

I'm running into a problem when I play a video (.3gp) file. I play in on the default Samsung Media Player, but when I rotate the phone on its side to view the video in landscape mode, a couple of weird things usually happen.

The video only plays on the left side of the screen (as if fitted for the bottem-left of the screen), and the right side has some of the touch buttons taking up the rest of the space.

Sometimes the video only shows up as a black screen when rotated to landscape mode.

The other thing that use to happen, but I can't get it to do it again, was when the phone was rotated while playing a video, the video got choppy, then froze. Then it made the whole phone slow and required a soft reset.

Any idea what the problem might be? Something related to the g-sensor?

Edited by dahvoo

Guest xlightwaverx
Never got the DS connected to MobileAP, but that's not a big deal.

I ended up switching to your version 1.0 with SP1. Got tired of using Sense and would rather just install Mobile Shell.

I'm running into a problem when I play a video (.3gp) file. I play in on the default Samsung Media Player, but when I rotate the phone on its side to view the video in landscape mode, a couple of weird things usually happen.

The video only plays on the left side of the screen (as if fitted for the bottem-left of the screen), and the right side has some of the touch buttons taking up the rest of the space.

Sometimes the video only shows up as a black screen when rotated to landscape mode.

The other thing that use to happen, but I can't get it to do it again, was when the phone was rotated while playing a video, the video got choppy, then froze. Then it made the whole phone slow and required a soft reset.

Any idea what the problem might be? Something related to the g-sensor?

Before playing video, end the XMenu task. The graphics in that menu system sometimes interfere with other applications. It's a very fast Menu, it's just too bad the T*Omnia that it came from didn't have landscape support for it, hence, causes your video to get stuck as if it was in portrait mode (left side.)

X

Guest dahvoo
Before playing video, end the XMenu task. The graphics in that menu system sometimes interfere with other applications. It's a very fast Menu, it's just too bad the T*Omnia that it came from didn't have landscape support for it, hence, causes your video to get stuck as if it was in portrait mode (left side.)

X

Still no good. I end the XMenu using Task Switcher, but I still get the landscape video problem (video only appears in the bottom left).

Guest xlightwaverx
Still no good. I end the XMenu using Task Switcher, but I still get the landscape video problem (video only appears in the bottom left).

I'll have to look into it when I get some free time. Can you post a screenshot?

X

Guest dahvoo
I'll have to look into it when I get some free time. Can you post a screenshot?

X

post-515835-1302794864_thumb.png

Screenshot 1 is the video playing in default mode. Phone has not been tilted to landscape.

post-515835-1302794896_thumb.png

Screenshot 2 is the video when the phone is tilted to landscape from default mode. This is the problem.

• 1 month later...
Guest MarcusR6

flashing the rom was so stupidly simple I thought I missed some thing because there were only 4 steps. although step 4 should be plug in phone then press detect. but everything is groovy. except google maps. the installed version hung upon loading and an uninstall, and a download, and reinstall later it now loads a tile set before vanishing.

and the cabs for sp1 don't have permission to install.

also, the option to turn on/off the theme background is grayed out, I designed my own 3 part wallpaper and I don't want the default hill showing while everything else is loading. how do I re-enable that option?

other than that, this rocks so far!

Guest MarcusR6

ok so google maps now works. don't know why. I experienced some queer behavior from the streaming media player as well when I rotated it, but after I removed it from the auto rotate list it worked perfectly.

using the youtube widget causes a dead lock in the phone which requires battery removal to reset.

good job on the rom! so long as I don't do things to cause problems (ie youtube widget) its very stable and pretty quick.

Guest MarcusR6

ok so google maps now works. don't know why. I experienced some queer behavior from the streaming media player as well when I rotated it, but after I removed it from the auto rotate list it worked perfectly.

using the youtube widget causes a dead lock in the phone which requires battery removal to reset.

good job on the rom! so long as I don't do things to cause problems (ie youtube widget) its very stable and pretty quick.

Guest MarcusR6

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Stylii

Xlightwaverx,

I have been using your Sense 2.5.2021 ROM for the past week and really like your blend of apps cooked in and the amount of RAM available. As a Sense fan, previously I had been using Amdzero's ZeroSense ROM, which is also quite nice, but I was experiencing memory issues as well as the inability to call contacts from "All People" HTC-style contacts, so thought I would give your ROM a try.

All was well until a few days ago when I also lost the ability to call contacts by tapping "Call Mobile" or "Call Work" or "Call Home" under my contact's "Details" "Action" screen. This is the HTC-style, white background with back text screen. If I tap "Menu" and "See More Information" I see the same contact information in a white text on a black background screen and can tap one of the "Call" options and it will work. If I use the Samsung Phonebook, I am also able to tap the green/white phone icon to dial my contacts.

In addition, I have lost the ability to dial any of my favorites on the "People" tab by tapping them.

To attempt a fix, I reflashed to your ROM again yesterday and still have the same issues.

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but these custom ROMS have made my phone a lot more enjoyable and I am grateful to you and all the chefs for your efforts. Any suggestions to help solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stylii

Guest xlightwaverx
Xlightwaverx,

I have been using your Sense 2.5.2021 ROM for the past week and really like your blend of apps cooked in and the amount of RAM available. As a Sense fan, previously I had been using Amdzero's ZeroSense ROM, which is also quite nice, but I was experiencing memory issues as well as the inability to call contacts from "All People" HTC-style contacts, so thought I would give your ROM a try.

All was well until a few days ago when I also lost the ability to call contacts by tapping "Call Mobile" or "Call Work" or "Call Home" under my contact's "Details" "Action" screen. This is the HTC-style, white background with back text screen. If I tap "Menu" and "See More Information" I see the same contact information in a white text on a black background screen and can tap one of the "Call" options and it will work. If I use the Samsung Phonebook, I am also able to tap the green/white phone icon to dial my contacts.

In addition, I have lost the ability to dial any of my favorites on the "People" tab by tapping them.

To attempt a fix, I reflashed to your ROM again yesterday and still have the same issues.

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but these custom ROMS have made my phone a lot more enjoyable and I am grateful to you and all the chefs for your efforts. Any suggestions to help solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stylii

It's been so long since I released this it is hard for me to remember...

From what I do remember, I believe the Sense Skin that relates to anything that deals with the dialer is for aesthetics/dependency only. I believe a few portions of Sense might require it as a dependency but for it being functional, I don't think it completely was.

As for the Samsung Dialer/software, that should all be functional. I believe this HTC Dialer/Skin or whatever you call it ties in with HTC Messaging which may not be in this release.

My apologies for slow responses and a loss in detailed answers and fixes, for I have been out of the loop for a while. When I was active on here, I spent great amount of time dealing with this phone and all its customizations, and quite frankly, it was not good for the home life, considering it was extremely addictive.

I'll try and help the best I can, but just being on here responding to you is making me want to open up that kitchen.

I must go for now.

Thanks for the donation, I'll post you on the list in the main thread!

X

Guest Stylii

No worries. Sounds like your priorities are in the right place. I can do several work-arounds to stick with your ROM, or for extra Sense functionality, I may go back to Amdzero's ZeroSense.

Regarding flashing, it seems the more I flash my phone, the buggier things get. Do the applications that I have installed on "Device" or "\My Storage" or "\Storage Card" interfere with a flash? Should I be uninstalling applications and clearing the internal storage before flashing? Also, should I leave the storage card in or out when I flash?

Thanks

Guest xlightwaverx
No worries. Sounds like your priorities are in the right place. I can do several work-arounds to stick with your ROM, or for extra Sense functionality, I may go back to Amdzero's ZeroSense.

Regarding flashing, it seems the more I flash my phone, the buggier things get. Do the applications that I have installed on "Device" or "\My Storage" or "\Storage Card" interfere with a flash? Should I be uninstalling applications and clearing the internal storage before flashing? Also, should I leave the storage card in or out when I flash?

Thanks

It may be an option just to remove it entirely, though I think that portion of sense is a dependency. I believe AMD used the HTC Dialer Skin, where I was trying to stay away from the dialer skin in return for more memory available. The dialer skin is probably what gave those non working portions of Sense their functionality.

I'll mess with it today.

X

• 3 months later...
Guest ISRequieM

Helo. Yesterday I flashed your last ROM from this thread. The first thing i done was disabling Sense (because I don't like how it works), and I faced with the problem: I can not change action for the OK button, it changes for current session and goes to the original setting ( <Today>) after reboot. The next thing I don't like is that I can not see russian tags in TouchPlayer. I haven't theese problems in my original firmware (DG21).

And the good moments: this firmware is rather fast and i have a lot of free RAM, it is really great! Also, I like your top bar, it was the thing, why I flashed this ROM, not OOBER LITE. Thanks for good work!

Waiting for advices about solving theese little problems;)

And one more question: in the top bar i see, that proc load is always higher than 84, is it normal? As I can see in stock WM TaskManager - there are no processes, that are using processor time (just about 5%).

Edited by ISRequieM