Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Image issues now resolved
  • Google Now issues in landscape mod now resolved

Guest k5mitch

Call me stupid if you wish but I have a? How do you install some of the options that have been downloaded from the kitchen, some of them install when the rom is installed eg: amazon app store, and slide me, and but the think free, and others are not installed? I Can see them in es file explorer and try to install from there and they will not install.

Edited by k5mitch

Guest nelvinchi

Paul - just wanted to applaud you for your fantastic work! :D

My 7 is now running light and fast, several days battery life. Sweet!

Just in case anyone is interested in removing system apps (bloatware!), install ROM Customizer by FICETO (Alliance ROM) - the app is designed for Samsung kit, but the "Manage System Apps" section works on all ROMS - it also backs up any uninstalled apps for easy restore.....

Guest PaulOBrien

I've updated my modified input method in the kitchen. It now uses the tablet layout, but with the press-hold functionality still available. I have NO idea what Google were thinking when they removed it...!

P

Guest nelvinchi

Would it be possible to add a "Hot Boot" option to the extended power menu? I find it very handy on my Galaxy S2......

With only the UI being restarted, it's so much quicker than a full boot.....

Thanks!

Guest PaulOBrien
Would it be possible to add a "Hot Boot" option to the extended power menu? I find it very handy on my Galaxy S2......

With only the UI being restarted, it's so much quicker than a full boot.....

Thanks!

When do you use it?

P

Guest nelvinchi

When do you use it?

P

Basically, when the device lags or hangs/becomes unresponsive etc. Or when changes/settings require a reboot....

I most often hot boot when I've been heavily using lots of apps, starting fresh.....

:-)

Guest apomots

what i want to say is that,when i complete the ROM,reboot the device again,the system tell me that the Google Pinyin is error,again and again.wish you can solve it.thanks.by the way,i am from China.

Guest PaulOBrien
what i want to say is that,when i complete the ROM,reboot the device again,the system tell me that the Google Pinyin is error,again and again.wish you can solve it.thanks.by the way,i am from China.

Thanks, I'd not really tested the Pinyin input, I'll check it out.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

There have been a lot of app updates lately you may have noticed - these have now all been integrated into the kitchen, there will be some more improvements before I build the next release. :)

By request, a landscape boot animation is now also available in the kitchen.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just finished investigating the various 'gradient fix' requirements with a view to incorporating them in the next release. Some no longer apply on 4.2 but some, as you can see below, still do. :)

I've made an updated version and assuming it tests OK, i'll incorporate it for the next release! :)

P

gradientfixcomp.png