Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cmstlist

I must say, attempting to bake on-device is nightmarish. My attempts:

1) Opened a link to the thread. Logged into Modaco. Selected my favourite options. The bake button is missing and it says I need a membership (I have one).

2) Logged in from a desktop. The bake button appears there. Huh?

3) Reloaded Chrome on-device. Still no bake button.

4) Killed Chrome and re-opened. Opened thread. Now there's a bake button.

5) Verified my choices again, and pressed bake. Instead of starting a download, WinZip opened. Apparently if you have WinZip installed on Android, it non-consensually steals zip links in order to "help" you out. Uninstalled WinZip.

6) Went back into Chrome and pressed the bake button again. It linked directly to modaco.com/store instead of doing anything.

7) Killed Chrome, reloaded bake page, verified options, pressed the bake button. Again it went to modaco.com/store.

8) Gave up and did the bake from a desktop.

Guest Alan Ferrier

Terminal Emulator app seems borked for me. Just getting "Unfortunately, Terminal Emulator has stopped." Have trying flushing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. Anyone else with the same issue?

Guest cmstlist
Installed quick settings from TB, works. Seems to be missing in Jr7 baking routine.

Baseband stays at the old version after reboots as well.

The only way, AFAIK, to flash the N73G baseband is (I used fastboot):

- Flash the baseband img

- Flash stock recovery

- Boot into stock recovery once and let it unpack

- Then boot into the OS and check again.

The radio partition you can flash to is just a holding area apparently.

Guest Denis Sorokin

Terminal Emulator app seems borked for me. Just getting "Unfortunately, Terminal Emulator has stopped." Have trying flushing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. Anyone else with the same issue?

Yes.

Guest PaulOBrien

The only way, AFAIK, to flash the N73G baseband is (I used fastboot):

- Flash the baseband img

- Flash stock recovery

- Boot into stock recovery once and let it unpack

- Then boot into the OS and check again.

The radio partition you can flash to is just a holding area apparently.

Darn! Will have to look into that further.

Fixed for new bakes! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr8 is now in the kitchen! As always, the prebake will be updated when kitchen users confirm all is well! :)

This is a minor update, larger changes coming in the next release!

P

Changelog

1st Mar

• All latest app updates merged in
  • Minor fixes

Guest Dietmar Barro

Anyone having the problem that WiFi option do not work as expected. My WiFi shuts off in sleepmode even if I choose another option like not while connected or never.

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Guest Dietmar Barro

Is Jr9 on the way? Its because I am somewhere in nowhere for the "benefit" of the whole western society ... and have limited data for downloading. Would skip the fix if there is not weeks to wait. THX

Guest Armrdillo

I see that baseband 1231_0.17.0_1205 is included as default in the pre-bake, but I can't seem to find any info under this topic on why this radio is included by default instead of the stock radio.

Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dietmar Barro

Would it be possible to add Tablet UI to your wonderful ROM? This to be choosen in the kitchen ... would be great.

Edited by Dietmar Barro

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just posted a minor update to the kitchen

For the next release I am in the process of porting as many of the mods / tweaks as possible to the Xposed framework. This has a number of benefits - as well as allowing mods to be turned on and off more easily, it will allow future updates to be released far quicker. Watch this space! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Mar

• Updates to bundled apps where appropriate
  • Minor changes - preperation for use of Xposed framework for modifications in next release

Guest PaulOBrien
Well after my old WiFi Nexus 7 having numerous issues with charging and reporting battery status I'm now on this forum.. hello 3G :D

:-D

Guest OzzieGWK

I have been told that I initially posted this in the wrong forum. Anyway have a new ASUS Nexus 7 34Gb 4G tablet. Its a big disappointment that the WiFi hotspot has been disabled as this is very useful when travelling due to the long battery life and avoids buying a 4G/3G and wifi dongle. I am running 4.2.2, does rooting re-establish the wifi hotspot feature and does your solution work with my tablet?? I am a newbie to tablets but an experienced PC user. Thanks

Guest PaulOBrien

Another minor update to the kitchen.

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P