Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest firuromania

To 77chedu-Thank you for Coolpad Camera Pro,best camera for Coolpad.Manual control is best.

Noticed some awkward internet activity from System server.apk,maybe some chinese backdoor?

Guest 77chedu

Related to that camera? I don't have it installed on my phone right now

I think m@nish HiveUI 41 had that camera too, but I don't remember any report about that

Guest firuromania

Coolpad Pro from your EmUI,when you push Pro Button you have manual controls over ISO,brightness and EV.Best part is that you can install apk,it doesnt affect default camera.

Guest Dreamkill3r

Great news, I have read in facebook in nitro a310 group that someone managed to run cm12 on coolpad and he said that soon we will have a cm12 rom(he is fixing some bugs now) yaaaaaay

Guest 77chedu

There's a themable Aosp-like new rom at YDSS, that seems quite nice. It's a port of a Kenesi Rock phone (never heard of it)

And it has the same sound tweak that was on latest Liutao HiveUI

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-559714-1-1.html

GPS didn't work when I flashed it, but I'd already modified the zip, so it might be my fault. I'll try to make a "decrappified" version out of it over the weekend

Guest slime00

I noticed this rom but i couldn't download it because of the chronical problems with baidu. I believe the phone could be the iocean, which has a similar aosp with themes used also from zopo and some other brands. Could be a nice compromise waiting for a working CM if everything works! 

Guest 77chedu

There's a themable Aosp-like new rom at YDSS, that seems quite nice. It's a port of a Kenesi Rock phone (never heard of it)

And it has the same sound tweak that was on latest Liutao HiveUI

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-559714-1-1.html

GPS didn't work when I flashed it, but I'd already modified the zip, so it might be my fault. I'll try to make a "decrappified" version out of it over the weekend

Ok, here it is

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZQpXEArb!v4H7WlNsgFCMFOdsEJX79fqbxLCYOtR3HqmkMlSc8So

I'd tried to keep the zip the smallest possible. I've changed a couple of system apps, but other than that, it's not been heavily modded. Just the usual stuff: added init.d support, deodexed and thoroughly cleaned with a few build.prop tweaks and some minor fixes. Density is set to 290; experiment with other numbers, if you feel like it

I would have liked to get rid of the pdf manual entry on the settings, but I couldn't recompile back the apk. Maybe someone would have better luck with that

It doesn't seems to be Clear Motion capable, because I think I've added all the missing files and set it up on the build.prop -it doesn't have a checkbox on the settings-. I didn't try using mxplayer own codecs, so it may be possible that way

Rom feels very fluid and default sound seems nice enough without any added tweak. 

If you don't get the silent google services update, just install Maps to trigger it, in order to get geolocation working

Cheers

Guest h3dshot

Hey all

I have a random O/T question. Seeing as we are all clearly good at buying high-spec phones for a fraction of the cost we would be paying for the "big names"  - i was wondering if anyone had any experience of buying chinese tablet pc's?

So minimum specs i'm looking for:

10 inch tablet pc

2 gb ram

16/32 on board memory+sd card slot

decent front+back camera

decent resolution screen

ideally i'm looking around £100-150 (birthday gift)

Guest dakok

Check one of these and these (the ones with more comments should be more preferable)

When you find the one you like, check it at aliexpress or google for it ("tablet name" "paypal")

Guest 77chedu

So it seems that a new OS is about to be available for Coolpad at the end of this week. Not just a ported rom from other device. Check this out

http://mtksj.com/html/MTKshoujizixun/11575.html

So I guess it would be something like Lewa, YunOS or BaiduOS, but with a close partnership with Coolpad

Could we have a semi-official Lollipop early than expected? Will CoolUI cease to exist on the long term?

What on earth is supposed to mean "my sofa I call the shots"...

Guest slime00

...decisive support for the landlord! :D

this OS is the result of the cooperation between Coolpad and qihoo, they promise a very snappy user experience on the mini version... I hope for a multilanguage release, but I'm 99% sure it will be ENG/CN!

Edited by slime00

Guest dakok

I am preparing an article about that :D

You will find several websites and forums from this new company 

bbs.qiku.com/forum.php
www.qikoo.com/
www.qikoo.com/preorder/che

bbs.360shouji.com/

Qihoo 360 is the largest China internet security company (I use their AV app for some time now)

They made a JV with Coolpad (Dazen) and there are many things they plan to do this year

One of the most ambitious plans is to make a new OS - 360 OS that they claim is 3x faster,

saves battery 40% and cuts the network traffic to 50% compared to standard android OS

They claim that Xiaomi owners will choose 360 OS instead of MIUI very soon!

PIjbm2b.png

First 360 OS release is out on 19th (mini release) and standard OS version should be out in July.

First phones to receive this OS are going to be Coolpad X7, F1 Plus and F2 (both China Mobile - TD networks)

Besides os there are other plans from Coolpad and from this new new joint venture:

- New phone named AK-47 or Weird Cool (something like that :))

- About 10 new phones (Ivvi) during next few months

- National phone model (at first F1 Plus and F1 Extreme for 65/80 USD then some super phones for 80/160 USD)

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

One of the most ambitious plans is to make a new OS - 360 OS that they claim is 3x faster,

saves battery 40% and cuts the network traffic to 50% compared to standard android OS

That would be marvellous but ...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." -- Marcello Truzzi

<_<

So there are no plans for this new OS on Coolpad F1 directly?

AK-47 - love it. :D

What next? ArmaLite? Semtex? C-4?

(As ever thanks for the Chinese insights dakok :))

Edited by dalyer

Guest dakok

It doesn't have to be extraordinary.

1.5 x faster OS and 20% battery savings would be enough for me ;)

They may lie about that data cut, I don't care :D

I had AK-47 during my military service some 30 years ago...

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

It doesn't have to be extraordinary.

1.5 x faster OS and 20% battery savings would be enough for me ;)

They may lie about that data cut, I don't care :D

True enough. Here's hoping.

But will it be feasible to get this onto the F1?

Presumably the fact that it targets the F1 Plus helps?

Guest dalyer

http://www.scmp.com/tech/social-gadgets/article/1788168/chinese-tech-firm-qihoo-360-announces-smartphone-brand-not

This is not Zhou’s first attempt at making smartphones. He last tried to enter the market in 2012, partnering with smartphone makers including Haier and Alcatel and selling customised handsets on their websites.

I had the Qihoo 360+ logo on my old Haier W910 which my gf is now using.

MH0696B-3.jpg

Mind you I removed the original Chinese ROM and installed an Acer S500 from the moviledualsim Spanish forum. 

(Great phone for about €80 at the time by the way :D).

Edit:

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/business/it/Qihoo-360s-new-phone-costs-US64/shdaily.shtml

The new phone, sold under Coolpad’s Dazen brand on the Internet, features Qualcomm quad-core chip, a 5-inch display and 8-megapixel camera. It is set to grab a share of the Chinese smartphone market at the entry-level segment, industry insiders said.

Not MTK so?!

Edited by dalyer