Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

Hi,

If you guys want to try yet another KK port, here's a mod on the Doogee rom published on 4pda by Seek&Destroy, that we've recently uploaded on the spanish forum

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3b2Dw2BlD9wbmJDQmlXVm9zMzA/view

You can check the screenshots on its thread over at the spanish forum

It was already "decrappified", but it had some chinese "leftovers" and BT wasn't working, so I sort of remade the port from scratch, because we didn't have the rom that was used as stock

It's not he prettiest thing around, so we got rid of the default launcher and added an icon pack as a user app, just to suggest a possible look, but leaving that to your choice

Originally it had Dolby atmos ready set to be installed by the updater-script, as many roms do these days, but I feel like it's better to just download it from its xda thread, if you feel like it. Plus the rom default volume is on the higher side, and that particular audio mod tends to raise volume in my experience (UI sounds included, which could be annoying)

But what I feel like it's the main feature of this one, is that it's probably one of the lightest KK roms around and I've done my share of rom flashing.

I've changed its density to 290, because to me it feels snappier that way -it was 320 on the original- It might be just some sort of "placebo", but you can easily try some other values, or just leave that line commented on the build.prop

I didn't know of previous Doogee ports, so we don't have a reference on how this sort of rom works on the long run, but it looks promising

Cheers

thanks for sharing! Is this faster than maucat's aosp? Thats the only reason i would flash another rom till lollipop.I am with maucat's almost 2 months now and its hands down the best rom so far,no slowdowns after all this time.Well the compromise is on multitasking,but thats how it stays snappy after all this time.

Guest 77chedu

thanks for sharing! Is this faster than maucat's aosp? Thats the only reason i would flash another rom till lollipop.I am with maucat's almost 2 months now and its hands down the best rom so far,no slowdowns after all this time.Well the compromise is on multitasking,but thats how it stays snappy after all this time.

Maucat's aosp it's been out for some time and it would be more reliable for sure.

I've running this one for a couple of days and it seems quite stable, but some bugs may arise. As I said before, I don't have previous experience with this sort of rom, so I don't know how it would behave on the long run

But yep, ram usage is definetively lower than maucat's aosp and it may feel snappier at a first glance, but that could be deceptive. Just give it a try and use nova instead of apex, which is the rom default, and see how if feels compared to maucat's

Guest xeros2

Would anyone check any of apps that I posted here and answer with info that it works or not and on which ROM version it was tested?

Thank you in advance.

Guest mixanikosgr

Offtopic but I think that Meizu M2 might be the F1 successor. 

Similar specs, 4G, faster and double size ROM, 100 USD price.

What do you think?

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3078835

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2965713

I think it's price is around 160$. Where did you get it for only 100USD?

Dakok, any news about our 8297W lolipop rom?

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest dalyer
Guest dakok

I think it's price is around 160$. Where did you get it for only 100USD?

Dakok, any news about our 8297W lolipop rom?

Nope, M2 is presented today with $97 price. It is a brand new Meizu model. M2 Note is a different phone

I hope we'll see lollipop tomorrow :D

Guest slime00

Poor mt6732 (which I think it's the best quality/price/energy consumption SoC Mediatek ever released) really doesn't get much love from manifacturers, this device would have been a total different story with it (and it's t760) on board, for just a few bucks more.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3074657

Edited by slime00

Guest mixanikosgr

Nope, M2 is presented today with $97 price. It is a brand new Meizu model. M2 Note is a different phone

I hope we'll see lollipop tomorrow :D

I guess 97$ is only for china market, as usual. For everyone else it is pricier

See below

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Meizu-M2-Mini-MTK6735-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-Phone-5-0-Inch-FDD-LTE/32418229726.html?s=p

For lollipop, probably, we will have to wait a few more days.

Guest dakok

I just tried to check Coolpad forum link on the first page and what a surprise - the links I was saving there - they are all gone. :(

Damn!

I guess 97$ is only for china market, as usual. For everyone else it is pricier

See below

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Meizu-M2-Mini-MTK6735-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-Phone-5-0-Inch-FDD-LTE/32418229726.html?s=p

For lollipop, probably, we will have to wait a few more days.

It is a presell price, for those who can't wait. :)

I bet it will be $120 in a month or so :D

Guest korekore1

pass: d9c2

but I think this is not for our phone, 8297-C00?!

If I understood correctly (google translate of chinese page), there will not be 5.0 release, only 5.1 a month later (30.8.)...

this rom is for the snapdragon f1.where did you read that?

Edited by korekore1

Guest dakok

At coolpad forum from a staff member (or something like that).

5.0 seems to be bugged release so they skipped it and the android 5.1 release for our phone is out in 30 days :)

Guest Dreamkill3r

At coolpad forum from a staff member (or something like that).

5.0 seems to be bugged release so they skipped it and the android 5.1 release for our phone is out in 30 days :)

ofc I am not a dev and I have no idea how hard is to do it, but they had so much time to do it, soon android M will be out and we still don't have an official lollipop rom...can't understand that...feel a bit dissapointed as I haven't found yet a rom which will suit me and I hoped for lollipop to come out....