Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

Did you ever receive texts (or, as Jpower73 asked, calls) from this number? On your current ROM?

If you have done a factory reset and this is the only number that you don't receive texts from then why do you assume that the problem is at your end and not the other person's end?

Do they have problems sending messages to any other number?

Any chance they're using an iPhone that is trying to send iMessages rather than SMS messages?

Any chance you were registered for iMessages before and need to deregister?

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Guest carmenmachidon

17 hours ago, dalyer said:

Did you ever receive texts (or, as Jpower73 asked, calls) from this number? On your current ROM?

If you have done a factory reset and this is the only number that you don't receive texts from then why do you assume that the problem is at your end and not the other person's end?

Do they have problems sending messages to any other number?

Any chance they're using an iPhone that is trying to send iMessages rather than SMS messages?

Any chance you were registered for iMessages before and need to deregister?

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

The number from which I can't receive SMS is a short number from a bank where I opened the payroll account. The bank sends me SMS me so I can connect to internet banking. I could receive sms from them before, but now I can't. No other sim card inserted in my phone does not receive SMS from the bank, but in another phone works.

Once again, sorry for my bad english.

Guest dalyer

That was a problem with some ROMs - i.e. getting texts from short code/PSMS numbers like banks.

Did you definitely receive them on the same ROM that you're using right now?

If so but now it doesn't work even after a factory reset then that's very odd...

Guest carmenmachidon
2 hours ago, dalyer said:

That was a problem with some ROMs - i.e. getting texts from short code/PSMS numbers like banks.

Did you definitely receive them on the same ROM that you're using right now?

If so but now it doesn't work even after a factory reset then that's very odd...

Yes,  I received them on the same ROM that I'm using right now (Android 4.2.2 - CoolLife UI 5.5)

Guest carmenmachidon
18 hours ago, dalyer said:

Very odd if you received them before but cannot now.

Is this of any use perhaps?

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/373952-coolpad-f1-sms-problem/

I installed Handcent SMS and after I stopped the default messaging app, I was able to receive SMS from the bank. The problem is I don't know how to uninstall the default application that starts automatically. 

Guest dalyer

Most likely it's a system app so the only way to freeze or delete it is if your phone is rooted and then you use something like Root App Delete etc.

But can't you just set Handcent as your default messaging app without actually deleting the default text app?

Or are you finding that they somehow interfere with each other?

Guest xeros2

Right, I suggest to root phone & freeze stock SMS app with for example Titanium Backup and set your favorite SMS app as system app.

I've fixed the same problem by replacing stock SMS/MMS app with Hangouts this way (stock mms.apk is still there, but frozen and Hangouts is set as system app).

No problems with SMS since then.

Edited by xeros2

Guest carmenmachidon
1 hour ago, dalyer said:

Most likely it's a system app so the only way to freeze or delete it is if your phone is rooted and then you use something like Root App Delete etc.

But can't you just set Handcent as your default messaging app without actually deleting the default text app?

Or are you finding that they somehow interfere with each other?

You're right, the two applications interfere with each other.

21 minutes ago, xeros2 said:

Right, I suggest to root phone & freeze stock SMS app with for example Titanium Backup and set your favorite SMS app as system app.

I've fixed the same problem by replacing stock SMS/MMS app with Hangouts this way (stock mms.apk is still there, but frozen and Hangouts is set as system app).

No problems with SMS since then.

I didn't ever rooted a phone, so I have no idea how to do it.

Guest Destiny133

Link for RESSURECTION REMIX 5.5.9 Lollipop

-original devloper and Jpower73 confirmed its real first and real lollipop for our phone and mmx canvas a310/a311

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_040j3ZkzcGdW9xUks2alZrNjA/view

I 've just uploaded it to google drive for easier, faster downloading also its simpler to find link here then to go on greek forum and find mega link

Guest dalyer
53 minutes ago, carmenmachidon said:

You're right, the two applications interfere with each other.

How do they interfere with each other?

I was sure that I had run Textra without freezing/deleting the stock SMS client and had no problem.

But maybe I'm wrong and have forgotten problems that arose... :blush:

53 minutes ago, carmenmachidon said:

I didn't ever rooted a phone, so I have no idea how to do it.

It's explained in the first post but if you've never hacked/rooted before then either proceed with extreme care and only when you understand what you're doing and the risks involved or don't do it at all...

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/?page=1

Guest Jpower73
8 hours ago, slime00 said:

great! :)
In the meanwhile, the guy upload AICP v2 for mt6592, it says it's good and bugless (I know they always say so and then some bug pops out :P ), I believe it needs a porting tho.
For who is interested, the link is http://www.mtkroms.com/2015/08/aicp-cyanogenmod-lollipop-for-mt6592.html

Hmmm, for whom the bell tolls... 

;) 

Edit: ....................PORTED

boot up sequence completed

it has some bootimg issues especialy on charging system (init.d's)

needs lot of work

Dialer gave soft reboot->fixed...

anyway..

Edited by Jpower73

Guest Jpower73
2 hours ago, Ciberdream said:

Hi Jpower73. Is it possible to turn on vibration for "home", " back" and "menu" buttons on your Resurrection Remix ROM?

yes, my friend

http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?p=6607265#post6607265

post #20349 (read english translation guide inside parentheses)

(just build it)

Edited by Jpower73

Guest shaiju
On 3/5/2016 at 2:45 AM, Jpower73 said:

Xposed modules and kernel adiutor's settings. 

Screenshot_2016_03_05_23_10_31.png Screenshot_2016_03_05_23_11_14.png

Screenshot_2016_03_05_23_11_23.png Screenshot_2016_03_05_23_11_53.png

Screenshot_2016_03_05_23_12_10.png 
 For RR 5.5.9

Extremely fast  and 6+ hours sot

Not fast, now my A311 is the fastest. This is amazing setting in kernel adiutor. My phone was lagging heavily and after i enabled these settings, now it is the fastest. Thanks Jpower73.

Edited by shaiju

Guest maraco011

I installed R.R. rom 5.5.9 and Antytu 6.01 show less then 21.000 on my F1 !?

Any suggestion?

Can someone please explain how to do that Xposed modules and kernel settings?