Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest anggriawan

download mode is when you connect usb to the phone (just switched off ur phone dont forget to cheklist usb debuging and dont pull up your battrey ) computer will detec driver usb vcom...then YGDP will detec your phone and click start on YGPD..

tutorial guide is right..

i'll flashing my phone again using YGPD, to make sure all people on this forum

now, i'm using ATX rom shared by dakok..

is there gapps on page 29 can be installed to this rom?

here's the link: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

Edited by anggriawan

Guest anggriawan

this is method that i use for flashing coolpad f1

here's my method:

- make sure u have installed usb driver collpad..

driver.jpg

- make sure too, when usb connected to die phone, usb vcom detected

usb_vcom.jpg

- open YGDP tools, then follow guide by dakok..

YGPD.jpg

- when file ready to flash, switch off ur phone ..

- after phone is off, klik START on YGPD tools then connect usb to phone, windows will detec usb vcom then YGPD tolls will running..

- waiting for flashing,, waiting while drinking coffee and eating snacks :D hehe

progress.jpg

- progress done.. switch on ur phone..

success.jpg

IMG_20140906_00222.jpg

Click image to large images

and, this is log of YGPD toos

09:39:51    User selected Device: 8297W_S10
09:39:51    User selected CPB file: C:\Users\Len-G480\Desktop\ANGGRIAWAN\4.4.015.P0.140628.8297W_S10.CPB
09:39:51    Start to verify CPB file ...
09:39:51    Checking CPB file...
09:39:51    Get CPB version ...
09:40:01    Unzip files ...
09:40:42    Get FileList File...
09:40:42    Unzip police files ...
09:40:42    Check CPB file ok
09:40:44    Verify data file OK!
09:42:58    Entering download mode...  >>>>>>>>>>>  ""switch off ur phone n make sure usb vcom have been installed, connect usb to phone""
09:43:07    Cell 0 USB address is: com22
09:43:07    CELL0 detects device connected...
09:45:02    Cell 0: download all files successful!
09:45:02    The download screen dump has been saved at: C:\YLXZGJ\YGDP\DownloadScrrenDump\2014-09-06\8297W_S10_SUCCEED_CELL0_09.45.02.rtf

I hope this will help, thanks :)

Edited by anggriawan

@zula

Is that F.I.R.E releases in that baidu drive?

Damn, I will delete the info :(

@Yuusuv 

One of these KK releases from F.I.R.E. Team resulted in losing IMEI 

Filestorage is not mine - it is from a developer or a hobbyist :D

Does anyone also have problems with SMS messages from banks etc. (senders without a phone number)? I'm not receiving them at all. I've heard of such problems in MIUI, but I'm still running CoolUI ATX (039) which is decent.

Guest matejsolid

@Dakok one unrelated question with ROM,how to set apk install to SD card ? I tried with MobileUncleTools but he always tries install to internal storage and I cant install bigger games because its occupied space ?

Is there any way to boost download speed on pan.baidu.com ?

Guest Arpione

Does anyone also have problems with SMS messages from banks etc. (senders without a phone number)? I'm not receiving them at all. I've heard of such problems in MIUI, but I'm still running CoolUI ATX (039) which is decent.

I receive messages from my bank, but I don't get verification SMS from Google. I tried 036, 039 and 4.4 beta2, same result. The strange thing is that I can hear the message being received through my HiFi speaker, it seems like it's being filtered out for whatever reason, even though SMS filtering is turned off and the blacklist is empty.

Edited by Arpione

Guest fundament

I had it too on my CoolUI. I fleshed several roms and stopped at AOSP from jonzalvo. I think it has to do with stock rom cause I could not receive SMS from bank, some services and even some private numbers

@Dakok one unrelated question with ROM,how to set apk install to SD card ? I tried with MobileUncleTools but he always tries install to internal storage and I cant install bigger games because its occupied space ?

Is there any way to boost download speed on pan.baidu.com ?

As always - take a look at the first page of this topic :D

Edited by dakok

Guest korekore1

for sms troubles try freezing the stock sms app with titanium and install a 3rd party sms app like go sms or handsent,reboot

Edited by korekore1

Guest matejsolid

As always - take a look at the first page of this topic :D

I didnt notice that ROM comes with integrated options for moving apps from internal storage to SD card.

Hmm do you know why does it reloads icons and wallpaper sometimes after pressing home button when I exit some heavy apps like games ?

I wonder if I by any accident turned on some power saving options for killing apps in background ( checked in battery options ultra standby mode is grayed off ).

Guest slime00

can some of our Indonesian friends share a CWM Backup of their stock rom (obviously without data, just clean install)? maybe it could be easier to flash it from there!

can some of our Indonesian friends share a CWM Backup of their stock rom (obviously without data, just clean install)? maybe it could be easier to flash it from there!

Seems no do bro, our KK Stockrom cannot be swapped, better use the KK 4.4.2 versions, in needrom.. and flash some fix in this topic first page.

but if u want it, u can PM me, i'll give you the .CPB link. and some tutorials.

@zula

Is that F.I.R.E releases in that baidu drive?

Damn, I will delete the info  :(

@Yuusuv 

One of these KK releases from F.I.R.E. Team resulted in losing IMEI 

Filestorage is not mine - it is from a developer or a hobbyist  :D

I see, i've already backup-ed it hehe..

Is anyone feeling MIUI is a great rom for our F1 ? (mine is rebranding of f1 though :D)

Edited by yuusuv

Guest jay0ind

Yes it's true...WCDMA version 039 and also 040 rom have this problem...!!!

Yuusuv, our phones are most probably

identical devices, so CWM or TWRP

backup (fresh flash, without private data)

of Indonesian official KK Aosp could

be restored on Coolpad F1

We could find someone to make a flashable

rom out of it: )

Miui is great but Baidu is better: p

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

Seems no do bro, our KK Stockrom cannot be swapped, better use the KK 4.4.2 versions, in needrom.. and flash some fix in this topic first page.

but if u want it, u can PM me, i'll give you the .CPB link. and some tutorials.

I see, i've already backup-ed it hehe..

Is anyone feeling MIUI is a great rom for our F1 ? (mine is rebranding of f1 though :D)

If you can flash needrom's Coolpad f1 Roms, then we should be able to restore a cwm of your model, with the same twrp/cwm build number of course  ;) if someone on your forum could share that backup, some of the european modders may start developing and improving it, but with coolpad assistant and other similar programs it seems impossible for our 8297w (maybe there is a sort of "protection"  or "id detecting" in the ROM to avoid using it on other phones that are not Himax Polymer)

Edited by slime00

Yuusuv, our phones are most probably

identical devices, so CWM or TWRP

backup (fresh flash, without private data)

of Indonesian official KK Aosp could

be restored on Coolpad F1

We could find someone to make a flashable

rom out of it: )

Miui is great but Baidu is better: p

My problem is my connections speed..... Okay i'll upload it. but i use twrp no CWM.

Seriously? I've downloaded it, from ur link in the prev post anyway..

If you can flash needrom's Coolpad f1 Roms, then we should be able to restore a cwm of your model, with the same twrp/cwm build number of course  ;) if someone on your forum could share that backup, some of the european modders may start developing and improving it, but with coolpad assistant and other similar programs it seems impossible for our 8297w (maybe there is a sort of "protection"  or "id detecting" in the ROM to avoid using it on other phones that are not Himax Polymer)

Why didn't you use that cpb? its a fresh stock rom anyway..

Anyway, i'll upload it, but i'll take some time coz my speed is VERY slow...

I'll use TWRP as a backup reco. hehe.

Edited by yuusuv

Guest anggriawan

it's too large file for upload broo.. internet on my country doesn't have a fast speed.. but thanx to gan yusuv for try to upload that file :)