[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest ExHamza

Hi can i use the xposed framework in this ROM?

I used it, but i got a boot loop, so i don't if this boot loop was

Caused by xposed framework.

About partition SD or swipe file i have to use wich one? ext3 or ext4, and this two features of twrp really can help me on this ROM?

So what about the official CM?

Thank you Mr @Fonz93

Edited by ExHamza

Guest joseaguero2901

Minimum frequency 245 MHz
1008MHz frequency maxima
Patterns CPU CONSERVATIVE
PLANNER E / S CFQ
I have over 2 days with this configuration and me given no black screen in all that time

I just had my first black screen with this configuration spent three days for this

Guest alexandermb

I just had my first black screen with this configuration spent three days for this

at least it took 3 days, i Freezed Google Services and Play Store Got conservative 250-1008 SIO and ain't got any Blackscreen Yet (The rom is very fast without Gapps or at least Freezed even with Facebook Apk)

Guest joseaguero2901

at least it took 3 days, i Freezed Google Services and Play Store Got conservative 250-1008 SIO and ain't got any Blackscreen Yet (The rom is very fast without Gapps or at least Freezed even with Facebook Apk)

and could use the rom without gapps?

Guest Eriito

which app did you use? greenify, titanium backup?

Guest clickmeplz

I just found the cause of Eleven's FC, it's because you deleted the albumart folder from the external SD card (situated in /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs) and Eleven is not able to recreate them until you delete MediaStorage's data, after deleting MediaStorage's data and rebooted, FC is fixed and albumarts are there again, probably there are code issues in the MediaStorage but is not something i can fix myself.

the platform.xml from CyanogenMod.xml it's fine, there is no need to flash any .zip, just follow my procedure.

I did not delete the folder and it was there, but as you asked us, i cleared data from "Media Storage". Naturally,it deleted  com.android.providers.media folder and i lost all my media path.Then i rebooted the system. It created com.android.providers.media folder (also albumthumbs folder inside it) and all my media path were created again, but Eleven still gets FC!

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest fonz93

Your media path is not deleted after clearing media storage data, it resets the media scan only, also i am not talking about com.android.providers.media in /data but in /sdcard1.
I got Eleven FC after deleting the Android folder in the SD card and the procedure i mentioned previously fixed the FC completely, i tried that procedure many times before making the post, so i am 100% sure that is working.

Edited by fonz93

Guest clickmeplz

Your media path is not deleted after clearing media storage data, it resets the media scan only, also i am not talking about com.android.providers.media in /data but in /sdcard1.

I got Eleven FC after deleting the Android folder in the SD card and the procedure i mentioned previously fixed the FC completely, i tried that procedure many times before making the post, so i am 100% sure that is working.

Fonz, Yes you right, it resets the media scan. I repeated your orders as below again.

1. I cleared data from "media storage" (apps->all->media storage)

2. I checked "root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media" and there was no such this folder

3. I rebooted and checked "root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs". It was there, but there was not "albumart" folder inside "albumthumbs"

4. I checked the Eleven and FC got again

5. I even created "albumart" folder manually and checked , but still FC

Many Thanks

Edit: if your mean is

albumart=root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs

then there is no difference in result.

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest wbrambley

Where is "Force high-end graphics" option? I want to disable it but I can't find it :D

Check the build.prop in /system folder. You should find it in there, edit using a root enabled text editor. Change 1 to 0 and save.

Guest fonz93

Fonz, Yes you right, it resets the media scan. I repeated your orders as below again.

2. I checked "root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media" and there was no such this folder

3. I rebooted and checked "root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs". It was there, but there was not "albumart" folder inside "albumthumbs"

Many Thanks

albumart=root/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.android.providers.media/albumthumbs

Did you try to also delete Eleven's data after .1?

I'll make few tries again anyway

Where is "Force high-end graphics" option? I want to disable it but I can't find it  :D

Enable developer settings and then a Performance menù will appear, there you can find a checkbox to disable/enable high-end graphics.

Edited by fonz93

Guest xxirioxx

Thank you :D It was hidden :) There are a lot of useful settings there ;) I didn't know and I always used the external app Performance Control before :)

Guest Eriito

Where is "Force high-end graphics" option? I want to disable it but I can't find it :D

In settings -> performance

Edit: sorry I didn't see it was already answered

Edited by Eriito

Guest alexandermb

Many Thanks

Don't Reboot, Turn off and then Turn On, after the  whole process leave the phone alone read all media for at least 10 mins

Edit; Btw don't delete data, go ahead to com.android.providers... and delete the whole folder at that point 

Edited by alexandermb

Guest xxirioxx

I disabled effects and set the animations to 0.5x: it seems to have the AOSP running! Now it's perfect (except for the volume I have to set to max every time :P)!

fonz, this ROM is fantastic :) You gave a new life to this phone :)

Guest fonz93

I disabled effects and set the animations to 0.5x: it seems to have the AOSP running! Now it's perfect (except for the volume I have to set to max every time :P)!

fonz, this ROM is fantastic :) You gave a new life to this phone :)

Try to disable Google Play Services just for 10 minutes, you'll see how our CM12.1 should be... Unfortunately i don't know why Gapps causes so much lag... they don't use so much RAM, the only thing that i have in mind it's something ART related, but i did my best to find all the ART optimizations for low memory devices, there is not much more we can do.. I just disabled all the Gapps and the phone is fast.. Really

Edited by fonz93

Guest Dark Cricket

Hi @fonz93, is it possible that you compile a "gapps ligth"? Is it only with playstore and essentials? or that only you include playstore? and the rest that everyone decides to install and no

I've seen that more ligth gapps weight 80 mb, and have many things that maybe not all use.

Offtopic: PD. you like my English? joke

Edited by Dark Cricket

Guest alexandermb

Try to disable Google Play Services just for 10 minutes, you'll see how our CM12.1 should be... Unfortunately i don't know why Gapps causes so much lag... they don't use so much RAM, the only thing that i have in mind it's something ART related, but i did my best to find all the ART optimizations for low memory devices, there is not much more we can do.. I just disabled all the Gapps and the phone is fast.. Really

Yeah i did them too, Play services are.... just stupid "GoogleLocationServiceManager" i got all Ubication Settings OFF 5 or 6 Process on Ram and like 3 more on Cache. I hope it just could be PlayStore and GCM Service... That maybe could low a bit the CPU o Ram use on gapps

Guest fonz93

Hi @fonz93, is it possible that you compile a "gapps ligth"? Is it only with playstore and essentials? or that only you include playstore? and the rest that everyone decides to install and no

I've seen that more ligth gapps weight 80 mb, and have many things that maybe not all use.

Offtopic: PD. you like my English? joke

This gapps package: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

Includes necessary things only, it's 90 mb because it includes Play Services .apk's for all the DPI versions, but only one is installed on our device (the 240 dpi one)

Edited by fonz93

Guest xxirioxx

I need gapps.. I use gmail and gmaps sometimes... In AOSP I greenified them so they weren't annoying... but in this rom i can't because xposed doesn't work, but performance is good anyway :)

Guest fonz93

I need gapps.. I use gmail and gmaps sometimes... In AOSP I greenified them so they weren't annoying... but in this rom i can't because xposed doesn't work, but performance is good anyway :)

Greenify can still be used without xposed framework

Guest alexandermb

Well, i just like the On Screen Buttons even on Y300 jajaja!... but i see they got a lot of uses on Lollipop. Is there a way to disable the 3 Buttons Above the screen ?