[ROM][5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Y300/G510] [04/06/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest androholic

It's currently disabled due to code issues.

Please, to all, don't ask again about this, the half of the posts in this thread are related to this and you already got answers.

If it possible please add this ans in the first post so that all can get to know this fact easily

Guest GodsOtherHand

I don't know, chil360 said that he never faced any black screen

Well I experienced black screens on chill's 5.0 release, so it also has that problem. Just takes a few days to develop. (i only got it after 3-4 days of use).

Edited by GodsOtherHand

Guest andrea2107

Which host do you want me to use for F-AOSP (and all the future builds)? No basketbuild.

I would suggest: mediafire or gdrive for big files(Rom etc...)and lowendshare/tinyupload for little files(recoveryes,kernels..both doesn't require registration and lowendshare supports hotlink..but has 25 mb limit for a file) Edited by andrea2107

Guest juanpablocastillo

I download fast from every host [emoji14]

Then upload ROMs to Letitbit. :P Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest juanpablocastillo

yeah so what? fonz only updates the thread. I think this previously had another rom or something.

Yes, CM12 by luca xD

Guest Doser

Hello,

I install the cm12.1 on the y300 from my daughter, but i cant call.

Mobile network not available.

I can enter the sim card code, but thats it.

Does anyone now how to recover this.

Regards Doser.

Edited by Doser

Guest hgoldy300

I spent an entire week after the installation without black screens, until sunday morning when I changed the animations settings back to default, then I got 3 black screens that day, in the evening I guessed it may be related and I change them again and I didn't get a black screen yesterday or today.

The settings I'm using:

Window animation scale .5x

Transition animation scale 1x

Animation duration scale .5x

Can you try them and see if it works for you?

Guest fonz93

I spent an entire week after the installation without black screens, until sunday morning when I changed the animations settings back to default, then I got 3 black screens that day, in the evening I guessed it may be related and I change them again and I didn't get a black screen yesterday or today.

The settings I'm using:

Window animation scale .5x

Transition animation scale 1x

Animation duration scale .5x

Can you try them and see if it works for you?

i already use them

Guest hgoldy300

Strange! Till now, 3 days after that, I haven't experienced any new black screen, tomorrow I'll change those settings to default and I'll see what happens.

Guest Dark Cricket

Hi @fonz93, I have a newbie question, the fix of chil360 to solve memory allocation problems can cause black screen?

15/04/2015:

• 1st CM12.1 build
  • Fixed video recording (thanks chil360)
  • Huge kernel update to fix some memory allocation problems (thanks chil360)
  • Thanks to the kernel update the wifi is more stable, too
  • Renabled zRAM
  • Increased zRAM size to 256 MB RAM (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)
  • Increase swappiness to 100 (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)
  • Using software decoders for video playback
  • Fixed huge lag with Gapps installed (thanks kirmaniarslan)
  • Correctly enabled dexpreoptimization (thanks chil360)
  • Renabled high-end effects by default (you can disable them in performance/settings if you want to save some extra RAM)
  • Fixed dialer freezes during a voice call (thanks chil360 and sunnyden)
  • Fixed VoIP support (tried FB Messenger calls and Whatsapp voice calls and they work)
  • Optimized ART parameters for low mem devices (thanks humberos)

•  

Guest fonz93

Hi @fonz93, I have a newbie question, the fix of chil360 to solve memory allocation problems can cause black screen?

That's what i am thinking, but chil360 said that he didn't face this black screen

Guest Dark Cricket

That's what i am thinking, but chil360 said that he didn't face this black screen

No offense to chil360, you could compile slimLP with the latest kernel changes, just to try it? it is not necessary to publish, it is only to rule that slimLP has no such problems.

Guest fonz93

No offense to chil360, you could compile slimLP with the latest kernel changes, just to try it? it is not necessary to publish, it is only to rule that slimLP has no such problem

It happens on F-AOSP too that has very few changes compared to CM and SlimLP, anyway, there's a facebook group where peoples installed a repacked cm12.1 kernel on SlimLP 5.0.2, they got black screen there too.

Edited by fonz93

Guest Dark Cricket

It happens on F-AOSP too that has very few changes compared to CM and SlimLP, anyway, there's a facebook group where peoples installed a repacked cm12.1 kernel on SlimLP 5.0.2, they got black screen there too.

You gave me an idea, I'll try and comment.