[ROM][4.4.2] MIUI v6-v7

Guest johnickz

Guest johnickz

MIUI 7 (WORKING 100%, TRULLY NO BUGS, TESTED 6 MONTHS)

ROM -> http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Multilang_Coolpad_F1_6.1.28_v7-4.4.zip  (by t_gumienny)

SOUND PATCH -> http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/sound-bass_miui_android-4.4.zip  (by kouskous)

NOTIFICATIONS FIX -> http://goo.gl/1LoJ1d  (try the advanced method)

*Hope that I gave the appropriate credits 

145030vzu3vhh3jhghzvu7.jpg145028w6d6uy6b4fd7uq60.png145021re2mcmx2q2mmdxgx.png

Edited by johnickz

Guest shaiju

I have been using miui for more than 6 months in my micromax canvas nitro a311, the rebranded 16 gb variant of coolpad f1. I regularly update the rom with new releases from here http://bbs.ydss.cn/plugin.php?id=ydss_rom:index&a=post&u=547&t=612&p=1&s=1. At present I am using version 5.8.10. It is a nice version, smooth and i didn't notice any bugs. Only the volume up button problem is there. I am using xposed additions to map the volume up key as a solution for this bug. Otherwise it is very good rom. I am not using gmail app, so i didn't find any notifications bug. Notifications for  Messages, whatsapp etc works fine.

Guest johnickz

Hello there everybody, we are starting to gather here as I see!! Thanks for feedback.

@shaiju If you dont have any problem with notifications and coming on time then I ll try this ROM today and I ll give it a try. Can you point me excaclty the name of the ROM pls?

@brusss Maybe we should try to find some stable and non-bug MIUI or this ROM you tried has this issue, when we find I ll let you know which one is so you can give it another try.

@zltnngy I tried this app from playstore but didnt seems to do anything (didnt give much time though). Did you tried it? I run it and clicked 

on reccomended options but still notifications from Gmail not coming at all, only if I enter the app and click to refresh.

I use emuiUNICOM and the Gmail notifications coming faster than my pc does.

Tried some suggestions from MIUI forums having the same problem such as locking the Gmail app and make it running at Startup,

everything from Notifications menu is adjusted fine but this getting to be so annoying.

Some notices, newer versions of MIUI7 are superfast.

GPS locking instantly.

App compatibility is great. 

LED controller intergrated.

Auto Brightness trully working, no need for other app and you can adjust in levels either if you have it in Auto mode.

There is no updated tool for translating MIUI7 so far but this will come these days.

Edited by johnickz

Guest zltnngy

Push Notification Tester  is only useful to test GCM push messaging which is used by some apps to send notifications. It won't fix anything. I think you tried an other similar app.

Anyway I will install gmail and check whether notifications are working.

Default email app works OK.

What are the features of v7? All the (ok, instant GPS not) things you mentioned are already in V6.

I am on 5.6.25 by mickvip with some bugs fixed by myself.

Edited by zltnngy

Guest johnickz

Yes I tried "PNF" app instead of this you mentoned, I ll give it a try and post the results.

V6 & V7 are almost the same ROMS. Basically are the same ROMS but the main change they made is focusing on speed.

They have changed the animation of the apps entering and outing so it is more fast to enter an app now, to call or to see your contacts, to open your browser etc etc.

They added some flat default themes too (the main theme is at the pictures above) but the store is the same and you can download anything from there as it was.

http://gsminsider.com/2015/08/miui-7-vs-miui-6-design-comparison/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mRAyQ5MvJ4

Edited by johnickz

Guest zltnngy

Making some tests with gmail.

First 2 two test mails  sent to myself were notified with about 5 mins delay. No vibration, but it was in the notification area when I turned screen on. Should I get a nofification instantly?

3rd one arrived with 3 mins delay.

Guest johnickz

I think that they should got into the device after at least one minute from the time they sent as the device (MIUI) has the application cached running in the background all the time.

There is a menu in MIUI pointing that, I will post later photos in the day when I ll try Liutao's new release with Advanced Settings.

At least thats happened with any ROM I have tried before, it insta-notifing me.

Edited by johnickz

Guest zltnngy

Those tests were made in a room with poor 3g signal and screen off.

With wifi and screen on messages arrive within 1-2 seconds. With screen off my test message arrived within a minute.

I remember when I first tried miui, push  update didn't work with the stock email app, but now it works too. Perhaps a play services update fixed push messages? I don't know really.

Edit:

after a long period of deep sleep with data and wifi off, when I turned 3g data on again, there was a delay of 20 minutes before my gmail account updated. I think the connection with the GCM server was broken during deep sleep, and for some reason it took a long time to rebuild the connection again when internet access was enabled.

Edit2:

You can debug the connection to GCM server with Push Notification Fixer app, or by dialing *#*#426#*#*. You need to be be connected to get notifications. Lowering heartbeat period in PNF to 5-6 minutes should really help, but a dodgy 3g connection can still cause problems in theory, because if you don't have access to internet at the moment when the heartbeat period expires, your won't connect to google's servers. So you need to be connected for a period as long as the heartbeat period at least constantly to get get notifications for sure. I don't understand why it doesn't connect instantly to GCM when mobile data is turned on, why it waits for the heartbeat period to expire. Perhaps this could be checked in other rom.

Edited by zltnngy

Guest shaiju

@johnickz - Actually i dont remember the link for the rom. I am updating the rom regularly from that site. Before updating i just make a rom backup using twrp and if any problem in new rom i will restore the backup.

Guest johnickz

Guys, I can't sync with Gmail and seriously I dont know whats the problem!

I changed my Gapps (using before) and downloaded this version:

pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip

Still nothing I cant do, notifications are not working although as I said the App running in the system:

Screenshot_2015-08-21-09-38-55.thumb.png

Tried Liutaos versions, the Advanced version is messed with some serious Chinese junk.

The Default Settings version has intergrated some Chinese menus with xposed modules so I recommend "XS" release which is clean and has no junk at all (but no notifications).

Just tried PUSH NOTIFICATIONS TESTER and I cant receive notification from this App too.

Now trying some YDSS version, lets see (酷派大神F1.MIUI7.2015.8.16.zip)...

Notha, still the same.

Edited by johnickz

Guest shaiju

We can uninstall all Chinese junk apps using the app System App Safe Remover. I have removed all Chinese apps and some stock apps. I like MIUI very much. After flashing MIUI the battery backup of my phone is far better than the stock android. I am attaching the screenshot for battery useage history. See how miui works when the phone is idle. There are no hidden wake ups when the phone is idle. In miui phone idle means phone is IDLE at all. I have greenify also installed in my phone. No background apps will wakeup the phone in idle time ie at night while sleeping etc. I tried various roms on my phone. MIUI is the best.

Screenshot_2015-08-21-07-32-30.png

Guest zltnngy

@johnickz: dial *#*#426#*#* and post screenshot.

I only have problem with notifications using 3g, because it doesn't connect instantly to google's sservers when i turn data on. Sometimes only 30minutes later.

Guest johnickz

Yes install MIUIs with Philz recovery, I am using the same recovery.

I will keep the links on the first top updated, just tell me any bugs to inform everybody. 

New XS release too: http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u27615941/5.8.22/miui_8297_xs_5.8.22_794cfe88e2_4.4.zip

Changelog: http://www.miui.com/thread-2408209-1-1.html (try Google translate).

Something great I saw there, we can download XS recovery (the same link with the Changelog) and then we can have OTA updates from XS directly to our phones!!

I ll try Owl's release, seems promising. I ll try notifications too and will post the results (I ll post a screenshot with the dialpad trick to see whats going on with conncetion).

I have sent an email to XS Gmail about notifications, hopefully he gonna respond (he has a bug account posted in his thread on MIUI forum). 

EDIT:

Tried Owl's release, installed "Push Notification Tester" and seems to work fine. Notification came in 10 secs. 

The problem is that I cant use WIFI and Gmail to check thoroughly because I am on vacations, the notification I received was through 3G Network.

Other thing that I noticed is that Sound levels are low and there is no option to use some Sound patch like others ROMs.

There is an option in Battery settings that called "Enable system animations - Enable this may reduce system performance", anyone know what is doing?

Edited by johnickz

Guest korekore1

Yes install MIUIs with Philz recovery, I am using the same recovery.

I will keep the links on the first top updated, just tell me any bugs to inform everybody. 

New XS release too: http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u27615941/5.8.22/miui_8297_xs_5.8.22_794cfe88e2_4.4.zip

Changelog: http://www.miui.com/thread-2408209-1-1.html (try Google translate).

is an option in Battery settings that called "Enable system animations - Enable this may reduce system performance", anyone know what is doing?

it enables ui animations like zoom in/out,animated icons etc,it will use more memory and battery for this

Guest johnickz

Yes it auto hides the clock when you are in the main screen and enables this animation with the bubbles when you erase some app.

We can touch the MTK app (its pre-installed) to fix the low Audio levels too or we can use "Mickvip's" Sound patch (Needrom) but I cant try it at this time.

If anyone can fix Audio levels and use the ROM some time in order to see if there is any bug then we have found something steady.

Guest shaiju

I flashed too many miui versions and all of them had the low volume problem. I am using the volume patch in my micromax canvas nitro a311. The patch is available in xda forum. I don't know that the patch in needrom and xda are same. Any way you too can try the patch. May be both are same.I am using Dolby also. So the low volume problem is fixed.

Edit - Uploading the patch file. ( I am not responsible for any loss or damage due to the use of this patch. This one is working for me on my Micromax canvas nitro A311, rebranded varient of coolpad.)

sound bass_miui_android-4.4.zip

Edited by shaiju