[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest silver_619
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Why not if I had the device. What's the point otherwise. I'm still looking to get some msm8909 device as a dev toy as this Huawei Y5 doesn't really suit my needs because of the kernel source situation.

I had a quick look at ZTE open source site and couldn't find kernel source for Blade A460. Where did you find the kernel source? Where did you find the TWRP?

CyanogenMod wiki is the place start if you're looking into building CM yourself.
https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

I have port TWRP fron other MSM8909. The source is from A470 that is the same than A460 but it's from Italy. I have port your CM13 ROM, the only that don't works for me is the camera and the audio. This is a very good device and whith the source could be better. http://opensource.ztedevice.com/

Please build for this device.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, silver_619 said:

I have port TWRP fron other MSM8909. The source is from A470 that is the same than A460 but it's from Italy. I have port your CM13 ROM, the only that don't works for me is the camera and the audio. This is a very good device and whith the source could be better. http://opensource.ztedevice.com/

Please build for this device.

OK, it seems your device is also know as ZTE Blade L4 and ZTE T610.

Sure, send me a device and I'll do it. ;) Why would I do dozens of hours of work for nothing otherwise...

Guest pinedox

I tested in my Y560-L23 the CM13 patch for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23, the Dual-SIM works so good! unfortunately the rear camera and sensor rotation, both stop to work when I apply the patch. I edited the patch removing the camera library and turn off the rotation. Thanks a lot!

Guest KonstaT
On 4/29/2016 at 5:18 AM, pinedox said:

I tested in my Y560-L23 the CM13 patch for Huawei Y5 Y560-U23, the Dual-SIM works so good! unfortunately the rear camera and sensor rotation, both stop to work when I apply the patch. I edited the patch removing the camera library and turn off the rotation. Thanks a lot!

That doesn't make any sense. Maybe there's Y560-U23s with different hardware configurations as well.

What is your stock firmware version (see /system/build.prop on stock ROM)? What does 'Y5 Hardware Info' app say on stock ROM (newer version supporting Y560-U23)?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Dawidus520

@KonstaT After new update i didn't noticed GPS Rebooting :D Finally. But lockscreen doesn't work. At least before i set password. But then is another bug. I can't open "quick actions" panel. When i delete lockscreen password, again I can, but then is no-lockscreen, even when i set to "swipe". Made clean install. Rebooting gives nothing.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

@KonstaT After new update i didn't noticed GPS Rebooting :D Finally. But lockscreen doesn't work. At least before i set password. But then is another bug. I can't open "quick actions" panel. When i delete lockscreen password, again I can, but then is no-lockscreen, even when i set to "swipe". Made clean install. Rebooting gives nothing.

GPS thing might have been some random CM issue, too. For a long time I was running a couple of weeks newer build than the first release build and couldn't reproduce any issue with GPS there either.

At least regular slide lockscreen starts working after a reboot. It's a CM issue as I can reproduce it on other devices as well. Quick settings issue is probably related to locscreen security, too (you're not allowed to access notification toggles on secure lockscreens).

For some reason CM13 has been the buggiest CM version in a long time. :/

Guest Erecik

So I've got new TWRP, then new CM13 build installed, then GApps, everything like in installation guide

Mobile Data + GPS is bug is still here. No Xposed, no BusyBox, no anything. Just clean ROM...

Edited by Erecik

Guest Erecik

@Erecik Can I ask, how you solved lockscreen Bug?

I'd love to help you,  but I don't have this issue...  U can try using some custom lock screen AC Display is great,  I was using it for 6 months ...  No Idea why would something like this happen :c

Edited by Erecik

Guest Dawidus520

@Erecik My version of phone is Y560-L01, maybe that's why it happens? And thanks for some solution but I don't want to use third-party apps like this, however even if i want, there's another bug that causes "quick settings" are unopenable. So now i switched back to previous build which (apart of GPS bug) works perfectly for me. If there will be another build of rom, or some other possibility for fixing lockscreen, then I'll switch back to new version ;) Anyway thanks for reply!

Guest KonstaT
22 hours ago, Erecik said:

So I've got new TWRP, then new CM13 build installed, then GApps, everything like in installation guide

Mobile Data + GPS is bug is still here. No Xposed, no BusyBox, no anything. Just clean ROM...

I need exact steps how to reproduce this issue and prefereably a fresh logcat with the latest build. What location mode are you use (device only, battery saving, high accuracy)? This is strange because GPS itself doesn't have anything to do with mobile data. We're also using AOSP network location provider in Marshmallow instead on Qualcomm's.

I could update GPS HAL and pull related binary blobs from some other device to see if it helps. I'd need a way to reproduce this issue before that, though.

15 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

@Erecik My version of phone is Y560-L01, maybe that's why it happens? And thanks for some solution but I don't want to use third-party apps like this, however even if i want, there's another bug that causes "quick settings" are unopenable. So now i switched back to previous build which (apart of GPS bug) works perfectly for me. If there will be another build of rom, or some other possibility for fixing lockscreen, then I'll switch back to new version ;) Anyway thanks for reply!

Follow installation instruction on the third post of this thread and set up your device (including setting up your Google account). Like already said, after this you need to reboot your device once before touching any lockscreen settings, etc. Tested and confirmed this several times on different devices running CM13.

Quick settings issue seems to be related to gapps (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/142115/). Use the latest gapps and set up your Google account during the setup wizard. There's bunch of lockscreen fixes being reviewed as well (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/142077/).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Dawidus520

@KonstaTI'll try once again, but is few things that makes me think it still won't work. 1. I use The same version of gapps on both builds. 2. I always set up Google account and all stuff in The same way. 3. I installed CM13 on few other devices and using exactly The same version of gapps (opengapps_pico_20160413) and there's no lockscreen bug. That's all reasons why i think that won't work. But maybe I missed something :) I'll let you know if it worked or no ;)

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaTI'll try once again, but is few things that makes me think it still won't work. 1. I use The same version of gapps on both builds. 2. I always set up Google account and all stuff in The same way. 3. I installed CM13 on few other devices and using exactly The same version of gapps (opengapps_pico_20160413) and there's no lockscreen bug. That's all reasons why i think that won't work. But maybe I missed something :) I'll let you know if it worked or no ;)

Huh, where did I say to use the same gapps you've always used? - use the latest gapps!

CyanogenMod is a moving target - there's bugs fixed (and new bugs introduced) all the time. Open GApps is updated frequently and sometimes there's issues with the gapps package, too.

Quick settings pull down issue (problem with CM's setup wizard and gapps) was intruduced with http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/140792/ and it was likely fixed with http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/142395/ couple of days ago. Every CM13 build between 20160422 and 20160429 will have.

I don't know when the lockscreen issue started because I had a break of over two months from building CM13 for any device. Looking at the commit history it was likely introduced with lockscreen changes on the 14th of this month. So, every CM13 build after 20160414 should have. It's not that critical anyway as it's only present on the first boot after a clean installation. 'Fix' is to reboot your device once!

Edited by KonstaT

Guest pinedox
On 29/4/2016 at 10:39 PM, KonstaT said:

That doesn't make any sense. Maybe there's Y560-U23s with different hardware configurations as well.

What is your stock firmware version (see /system/build.prop on stock ROM)? What does 'Y5 Hardware Info' app say on stock ROM (newer version supporting Y560-U23 attached below)?

Y5Info.apk

I've some problems with the ROM in my Y560-L23:

- The gravity sensor doesn't work properly (there are inverted the x and y axis)
- The dialer app and the camera in lock mode turn off the phone
- The battery is quickly drained (4 hours)

But even so, I prefer this ROM to the original!

Screenshot_20160510-225650[1].png

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, pinedox said:

I've some problems with the ROM in my Y560-L23:

- The gravity sensor doesn't work properly (there are inverted the x and y axis)
- The battery is quickly drained (4 hours)

But even so, I prefer this ROM to the original!

You're not supposed to install the Y560-U23 patch to your Y560-L23 or any other device (Y560-L01/L02/L03)! Your device doesn't have a 8mpix rear camera like U23 does. Sensor rotation is also broken because of the U23 kernel that is included in the patch. Use this patch instead because you'll likely only need to enable dual-SIM (same goes for L02 or L03 which ever was the dual-SIM variant).

Actually I've never even heard of Y560-L23 before. Please upload /system/build.prop of your stock ROM.

1 hour ago, pinedox said:

??? No idea what this even means.

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT
On 6/12/2016 at 0:44 PM, niedbalski said:

please help mee what i do wrong ? :(

What this has to do with CM13? You can't install this with stock recovery. Install TWRP.

Guest pinedox

Hi,I reinstalled CM13 in my Y560-L23 with the last update (Posted May 6) whit the gps and dual-SIM patches, all is working so smooth, so good!, my battery life problem was fix. All is working ok!!!
Thanks a lot!

Guest anmr2380

I install that version but frankly I drained the battery please fix that and it would be good rom like CyanogenMod 12.1 currently installed

Guest pinedox

I had that problem with the battery, only worked 4 hours, by TWR I wiped ALL and fix the the system partition, now the battery works great!