[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's my build of LineageOS 13 for Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01/L02/L03/U23). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod/LineageOS team. It's for advanced users only.

Screenshot_20160216-183831.png Screenshot_20160216-183817.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

lineage-13.0-20170207-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM1

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD cards
  • USB-storage & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs

Not working:

• ???

Issues:

• SELinux is in permissive mode

Important!!! If you’re using my open sourced work as a part of your project, be fair and give proper credits, and contribute back by keeping your project open source as well. I've put countless hours of my spare time into this project and I deserve at least this (I'm not getting paid to do this). Free and open source doesn't mean without respect!

Sources:

• CyanogenMod/LineageOS team & everyone who's been working on CM13
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

7.2. 2017 changelog:

• rebrand to LineageOS
  • patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 1 January 2017 (merged)

16.11. changelog:

• SELinux enforcing
  • add lockscreen blur feature
  • CM's new dexopt screen (merged)
  • build kernel & wifi driver from source
  • remove kernel modules support (go moduleless)
  • kernel performance optimizations (Cortex-A7 tuning & optimized memutils)
  • add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
  • add vibrator intensity control
  • add kernel patch for DriveDroid
  • enable KSM
  • patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 5 November 2016 (merged)

10.8. changelog:

• update GPS HAL to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.2
  • use GPS proprietary blobs and configs from crackling
  • CM's new off mode charging screen (1,2)
  • Android security patch level: 5 August 2016 (merged)

6.5. changelog:

• Lockscreen : Bunch-o-fixes (merged)
  • Android security patch level: 1 May 2016 (merged)

26.4. changelog:

• add missing binary blobs for hi544 qunhui and ov8858 chicony camera hardware
  • add proximity wake gesture
  • enable proximity check on wake feature
  • add 'Y5 Hardware Info' app
  • fix glitchy notification sounds, etc
  • Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)

18.2. changelog:

• initial release

Previous builds:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
  6. (install L02/L03/L23/U23 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. install open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  8. reboot system
  9. if/when recovery asks to install SuperSU - choose no

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions.

Q: There's a notification about configuring sdcard on the first boot. Which option should I choose?
A: Selecting to use sdcard as 'internal storage' will format sdcard to EXT4 filesystem and encrypt it. This means you can't use your sdcard outside this ROM (CWM/TWRP recovery on this device, any other phone, tablet, computer with sdcard reader, etc)! Selecting to use sdcard as 'portable storage' (or ignoring the notification) and your sdcard continues to work like with previous Android versions.

Q: I have dual-SIM variant (Y560-L02/L03/L23). What do I need to do?
A: Install patch from this post.

Q: I have Huawei Y5 Y560-U23. What do I need to do?
A: Install patch from this post.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest pwNBait

Thanks for building CM13.
Ill try this out today.

Edit: I'm having trouble installing Open Gapps. It gives an error about incorrect android version. 
This GApps pkg is for Android 6.0.x ONLY.
I have downloaded open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20160219.zip. Is this a problem with the ROM or am I being stupid?

Edit2: It seems that is was a problem with opengapps.
I redownloaded from their website and it gave me a open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico20160217.zip.
This file does not have that bug.

Edited by pwNBait
fixed problem

• 1 month later...
Guest gabindu65

Hi, i have a problem using your port, the phone always keep rebooting (all 5-10 minutes) i don't know if the problem is from me or the rom...

Edited by gabindu65

Guest KonstaT
23 hours ago, gabindu65 said:

Hi, i have a problem using your port, the phone always keep rebooting (all 5-10 minutes) i don't know if the problem is from me or the rom...

Did you follow installation instructions in the third post? Soft reboot (to bootanimation) or hard reboot (to splash logo)? Logs (logcat, dmesg)?

I've been running this for couple of months now and never experienced a reboot.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
9 hours ago, odigPL said:

I have the same problem, it looks like a problem with gps, soft restart every time phone tries to use gps.

GPS works fine for me though I'm running slightly newer build. Quite sure I also tested it with the release build.

You could try getting a GPS lock using GPS Status & Toolbox first or making these modifications to /system/etc/gps.conf.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro

Hi. I want to port miui v7 for this device but i don`t know what rom to use as a port. As a base i am going to use cm 12.1 ported by you. Can you help me?

Guest Thomas Whitlow
On 2/17/2016 at 7:00 PM, KonstaT said:

USB-storage & adb

In the first post you have mentioned, USB-storage. Did you mean mass_storage? I looked at your repo https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_huawei_y560/commits/cm-13.0

BTW your repo is wonderful with clear comments. You have removed mass_storage in commit c371b05c6acaa4d9103f53d10a6f26. Is it then true, there is NO possibility to have mass_storage in marshmallow? I also see that ramdisk/init.qcom.rc still has mass_storage. (Since I am linux user I am very keen to have UMS as I have bashpodder script to download my podcasts). Sorry for asking more development question!

Thanks for the great repo.

Guest KonstaT
On 4/10/2016 at 10:41 AM, odigPL said:

Still the same, but gps work when turn off cellular data. Maybe that's why it works for you.

Still sounds a bit strange that mobile data would have something to do with it. :o I have an old prepaid SIM in this device and I haven't tested mobile data other than that I could get 4G speeds. Busy with other things for a couple weeks but I'll look into this later.

On 4/10/2016 at 5:21 PM, SickBro said:

Hi. I want to port miui v7 for this device but i don`t know what rom to use as a port. As a base i am going to use cm 12.1 ported by you. Can you help me?

Not really. I'm not into winzip porting and I haven't used MIUI patchrom either. Ideally from some similar device but there's not many msm8909 devices aroung yet. Maybe some msm8916/msm8939 device that is running 32-bit MIUI build? 

4 hours ago, Thomas Whitlow said:

In the first post you have mentioned, USB-storage. Did you mean mass_storage? I looked at your repo https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_huawei_y560/commits/cm-13.0

BTW your repo is wonderful with clear comments. You have removed mass_storage in commit c371b05c6acaa4d9103f53d10a6f26. Is it then true, there is NO possibility to have mass_storage in marshmallow? I also see that ramdisk/init.qcom.rc still has mass_storage. (Since I am linux user I am very keen to have UMS as I have bashpodder script to download my podcasts). Sorry for asking more development question!

Thanks for the great repo.

Yes, you're right. Marshmallow doesn't support UMS (USB mass storage) anymore. This is mainly because of the new adaptable storage feature. MTP and PTP will work fine. You can always boot to TWRP and mount your sdcard using UMS there. If you're not afraid of the command line, adb push/pull is also very handy in copying files.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Erecik

How is GPS/Mobile data error going?  I've got same issue so I'd love to  get some suggestions. 

I will try to replace some files today.  If something will help,  I will share

Guest Dawidus520

@KonstaT Excellent work! Love this rom. Like all CyanogenMod roms. But as like as @gabindu65, @odigPL and @Erecik I have problem with GPS too. Random reboots in random times (usually, depends on that when phone uses GPS. So it can be 3 times in 1 hour, and sometimes only 5 times in 24 hours.). I'm using T-Mobile PL sim card with LTE enabled. And when I turn off mobile data - everything is okay, even when GPS is used via WiFi (eg. for check weather depending on my location). So it's not a single-user problem caused of some sh*tty app, but common problem of rom which needs quite, quick fix :) Anyone who can help, for sure will be useful for you @KonstaT. Hope for fixing this problem soon, and making another good releases :)

Edited by Dawidus520

Guest KonstaT

New build. There's a small CM issue with lockscreen. If you've done a clean installation, you need to reboot your device once for the lockscreen to appear normally.

cm-13.0-20160426-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?8i8ek4c0ebwwkh2
md5:5c42b759f1b4aad28a07a48d5497c535

-add missing binary blobs for hi544 qunhui and ov8858 chicony camera hardware
-add proximity wake gesture
-enable proximity check on wake feature
-add 'Y5 Hardware Info' app
-fix glitchy notification sounds, etc
-Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
15 hours ago, Dawidus520 said:

@KonstaT Excellent work! Love this rom. Like all CyanogenMod roms. But as like as @gabindu65, @odigPL and @Erecik I have problem with GPS too. Random reboots in random times (usually, depends on that when phone uses GPS. So it can be 3 times in 1 hour, and sometimes only 5 times in 24 hours.). I'm using T-Mobile PL sim card with LTE enabled. And when I turn off mobile data - everything is okay, even when GPS is used via WiFi (eg. for check weather depending on my location). So it's not a single-user problem caused of some sh*tty app, but common problem of rom which needs quite, quick fix :) Anyone who can help, for sure will be useful for you @KonstaT. Hope for fixing this problem soon, and making another good releases :)

I can't reproduce any issue with GPS and mobile data. I tested with LTE on with 'Google Maps' and 'GPS Status' apps in 'Device only' and 'High accuracy' location modes.

Guest Erecik

Well I did some research... and found out that when LTE is on, phone crash much faster with GPS on. When only on 3G, it takes much more time, but still crash :c

But well, it may be totally random...

Edit1: Replacing gps.conf helped in my case (read Edit2) ... I am using this one, for Europe
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27703769/GPS/Continenten/Europe.zip

u can flash it, or put on your own in system/etc/gps.conf

Edit2: Well still crashing, but it took around 2h to crash this time

Edit3: I tried to analyze crash logcat and most crashes were caused by:

Fatal signal 13 (SIGPIPE)

Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV),

04-27 03:05:22.229 18443 18443 E LocationManager:     at o.Ḭ.ˊ(:451)
04-27 03:05:22.229 18443 18443 E LocationManager:     at o.Ḭ.onSensorChanged(:220)

Looks like some kind of memory leak

Some location service errors are related to xposed modules but I will check it out after weekend...

Edited by Erecik

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Erecik said:

Well I did some research... and found out that when LTE is on, phone crash much faster with GPS on. When only on 3G, it takes much more time, but still crash :c

But well, it may be totally random...

Edit1: Replacing gps.conf helped in my case (read Edit2) ... I am using this one, for Europe
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27703769/GPS/Continenten/Europe.zip

u can flash it, or put on your own in system/etc/gps.conf

Edit2: Well still crashing, but it took around 2h to crash this time

Edit3: I tried to analyze crash logcat and most crashes were caused by:

Fatal signal 13 (SIGPIPE)

Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV),

04-27 03:05:22.229 18443 18443 E LocationManager:     at o.Ḭ.ˊ(:451)
04-27 03:05:22.229 18443 18443 E LocationManager:     at o.Ḭ.onSensorChanged(:220)

Looks like some kind of memory leak

Some location service errors are related to xposed modules but I will check it out after weekend...

This is with the latest build from yesterday?

I don't accept any issue reports if you've installed Xposed Framework anyway...

Guest Erecik

With or without Xposed, still same issue :c

Only difference without xposed is that some errors are gone, but still, phone crash randomly after turning GPS + Mobile Data

I haven't tried latest build yet...

To be more precise... Once I turn on mobile data and GPS it looks like this:

1. Phone is working normally, I can use it for random peroid of time

2. Phone is still working, I can see animations, loadings, other moving things on screen, but I CAN'T touch anything, neither push any button. I enabled " show touch location" in dev options to be 100% sure.

3. After 10-15s phone soft-reboot itself

I tried reinstalling recovery and previous build rom, but issue is still here :o

To be precise once again, I've got Y560-L01... But camera was not working for me on CM12.1 so I had to get U23 patch... (weird)
On CM13 everything is working without any patches. Just saying :]

Edited by Erecik

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Erecik said:

I haven't tried latest build yet...

I really couldn't care less about some issue in months old build anymore. If this is still a problem with the latest build I can look into it.

1 hour ago, Erecik said:

To be precise once again, I've got Y560-L01... But camera was not working for me on CM12.1 so I had to get U23 patch... (weird)
On CM13 everything is working without any patches. Just saying :]

Err, in CM12.1 thread you were talking about sensors. You've probably broken sensor rotation yourself when you've installed the U23 patch when you really shouldn't! hi544 qunhui camera blobs (which you probably meant) are included in the both latest CM12.1 and CM13 builds. You don't need to install any patches.

Guest Erecik
14 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

I really couldn't care less about some issue in months old build anymore. If this is still a problem with the latest build I can look into it.

Err, in CM12.1 thread you were talking about sensors. You've probably broken sensor rotation yourself when you've installed the U23 patch when you really shouldn't! hi544 qunhui camera blobs (which you probably meant) are included in the both latest CM12.1 and CM13 builds. You don't need to install any patches.

Yeah, In CM12.1 I've got camera problems, but after U23 patch everything was fine, so I just didn't mentioned it in my posts.

Sorry for troubling you with my lack of knowledge. It's my second android phone and I am still affraid that I will break something (like my previous one :|) I will try to install new build and report results here. Will post in around 2-3 days :)

Thank You anyway for help!

Best regards!

Edited by Erecik

Guest KonstaT
17 minutes ago, Erecik said:

Yeah, In CM12.1 I've got camera problems, but after U23 patch everything was fine, so I just didn't mentioned it in my posts.

You're probably still talking about the cm-y560-hi544-qunhui-camera.zip patch. All kinds of things are going to be broken if you install the cm-12.1-y560-u23.zip patch on a Y560-L01 (camera is going to break, RIL is going to break, sensor rotation is going to break).

Again, those camera blobs (cm-y560-hi544-qunhui-camera.zip) are included in latest builds and you're not supposed to install any patches on Y560-L01.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest silver_619

Hello, I have a ZTE Blade A460 is the same prosesor than huawei Y5. I would like to know if you can create CM12 or CM13 for this. Or can you tell me how can I do this. I have the kernel sorce code. I already have TWRP 3.0.2

Please.

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, silver_619 said:

Hello, I have a ZTE Blade A460 is the same prosesor than huawei Y5. I would like to know if you can create CM12 or CM13 for this. Or can you tell me how can I do this. I have the kernel sorce code. I already have TWRP 3.0.2

Please.

Why not if I had the device. What's the point otherwise. I'm still looking to get some msm8909 device as a dev toy as this Huawei Y5 doesn't really suit my needs because of the kernel source situation.

I had a quick look at ZTE open source site and couldn't find kernel source for Blade A460. Where did you find the kernel source? Where did you find the TWRP?

CyanogenMod wiki is the place start if you're looking into building CM yourself.
https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro