[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] AICP 11 for Huawei Ascend Y300 / G510

Guest adeii

GhQyhHk.png

AICP

Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

There are RANDOM bugs. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

• chill360, personally, cause he finished whole device tree for Y300
  • knoelli, for fixing camera
  • CM team
  • maxwen
  • SlimBean rom team
  • CarbonRom team
  • LiquidSmooth rom team
  • Omni rom team
  • DU team
  • Community

ISn0uXd.png

• @LorD ClockaN
  • @zipsnet
  • @n3ocort3x
  • @semdoc
  • @eyosen
  • @alienmind
  • @Chezbel
  • @Drgravy
  • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses. 
Thank you!!

images2_zpsdb09d3c5.jpg

3U7XWsV.png

1st release Version 11, compiled by Adeii

Download link Y300 build: https://mega.nz/#!xkonRKBB!sbTkr3N9Fb-rQGsMbhZw9bf4DzAWjJQLdXbaB4rRk_Y  [261MB]  or  http://tinyurl.com/j5osg78

Download link G510 build: https://mega.nz/#!hhZF1DgA!pPgTC1uIESiLxZmmi8P-nbxMCZzLQlBIcCq_hGmsojs   [261MB]  or  http://tinyurl.com/znq4kfy

NEW 2nd release

Y300 build: https://mega.nz/#!Bw4WVKxS!rOKlRa-_4OvcP61XvCcj68phvLeB6FkYodf6nsZjwcI [333MB]

Switched SDs Y300 kernel  |  normal SDs Y300 kernel  |  150 MB swap | disable swap

lite G510 buildhttps://mega.nz/#!w1pSkIhI!KmDHUQiNNrXlooUqCb3z7NpcbHGWORh-I3JRooP8u2A [273MB] [NO microG, NO xposed]
microG Framework [11MB] | GPStore mod [9MB] | NPipe zip [8MB]

Switched SDs G510 kernel  |  normal SDs G510 kernel 
Platform manifest: https://github.com/adeii/AICP_Huawei-manifest/tree/mm6.0

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

---> new build <---

new dark preinstalled theme Hexolibre

microG framework preinstalled (alternative for GApps' Google Play services), no more Setup at first boot!!

NewPipe preinstalled (alternative for YouTube)

Xposed Framework installer 3.1 preinstalled 
FDroid, free apps market preinstalled

b5b2bXK.png

1 - IGNORE "Android system need root permissions" at first start! Do not click it, you'll got black screen. SuperUser have issue with first app!

So, pull down QuickSettings, go to Settings (clockwork icon), go to "About phone", tap 7 times on "Build number" to became Developer and got Developer settings.

Go to developer settings, go to "Manage root access" <-- that is hidden SuperUser in AICP. You'll see: Android system, always ask. Change it to Allow! That's it.

2 - no-SIM issue: go to Settings>Cell.networks>Network operators and it will auto-find you network.

3 - Bluetooth issue: go to Settings>Bluetooth, turn it on, exit to Settings, turn it on again, scanning starts now!

4 - Switch internal/external sdcard not working, ignore switch, you need to flash kernel with switched SDs.

5 - Google Play store (original and modded) work fine  with microG, you need to set all permissions/check-ins in microG settings.

6a - YouTube can also work, but you need to install Xposed libs, FakeGApps and XposedGmsUnifiedNlp modules (from X.F.installer)

6b - NewPipe works without GApps. Can stream  MPEG videos, can stream WEBM video if "use exo player" is enabled in settings.

7 - Camera works at 5MPix, but is slow openning and very basic function. Change storage location if switch SDs or have 2ns partitions on external SD. Better install OpenCamera or else. 
8 - Video hardware codec now work; FM Radio are silent and it is removed, for now.

kfCXFCX.png

ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Marchmallow. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it. Please clean flash (format /system, /cache, /data, /cust) and be patient, ROM is flashing slow and first boot can be long.
  • Flash switched SD kernel, if want to use external SD and 2nd partition as /sdcard0. Not need to flash GApps.
  • I suggest you to use swap, like 150MB swap on /cache.
  •  
  • -for old build-
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes
  • Flashing: ~10 minutes: booting animation: ~5min; installing apps and starting: ~5min.
  • Try newest openGApps 6.0 pico, optimizing apps on boot can took VERY long time, ~20 minutes.
  • Flash cm13-fix-keyboard.zip to escape "AOSP keyboard stops", wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.

KERNEL:
Kernel in this rom follows chil360' CM13-Y300 source with few changes to follow AICP.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
OTA / update is removed.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

Android Ice Cold Project AICP G+ community

official github
AICP gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

Screenshot_20161015-172528.png

Screenshot_20160905_162521.png Screenshot_20160905_205425.png
Screenshot_20160905_185033.png Screenshot_20160905_185134.pngScreenshot_20160905_165912.png

more screenshots: HERE on G+

Edited by adeii
new build

Are you factory default-ed Y300/G510 before flashing?! Even "format /system"? Animation with light swiping "android" can last till 10 mins on first boot.

About SIM card, try to flash this: RIL files from CM13 fr Y300 from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByubcP-0n9bLY1JGR1VpSlcxaWc

Does going airplane mode ON then OFF solve SIM registering?

Edited by adeii

YAPP bro,everything wipe,always.First boot on most LP and MM roms is long,I know,but after that and launch,homescreen only blinking.I will try later, who knows...

THANKS TO YOUR WORK

Guest anotherjib

Which gapps would you recommend with it? More importantly, is it OK to flash supersu and xposed framework along? Will apps2sd work?

I actually went ahead and flashed it with opengapps, and flashed supersu and xposed along. It works now, although supersu is nowhere visible, and it is EXTREMELY laggy.

Edited by anotherjib
updated info

On petak, 09. septembar 2016. at 10:10 AM, wbrambley said:

@adeii will you make a separate ROM for G510? It is posable to overclock.

Y300 vs G510 difference is very little, so it would not be a problem. In a few days. About overclock: cpu frequencies are from 245MHz to 1048MHz just as in chil360' kernel for SlimLP and CM13. 1008MHz seems no performance diff. and battery last slight longer. All goverments are the same, I prefer hyper.

Edited by adeii

5 hours ago, anotherjib said:

Which gapps would you recommend with it? More importantly, is it OK to flash supersu and xposed framework along? Will apps2sd work?

I actually went ahead and flashed it with opengapps, and flashed supersu and xposed along. It works now, although supersu is nowhere visible, and it is EXTREMELY laggy.

IMHO, all GApps are laggy, even only microG service and modded Play Store. I'll would use pico openGApps if  I had.

Yes, you're right. ROM's superuser is hidden somewhere, another supersu can be good idea. Xposed also works (first framework app installed then sdk23.zip flashed).

Apps2SD: detects 2nd partition, maybe have problems when you switch internal and external storage; can make swap(s), if you remount /cache, /cust, /system as RW; can trim all partitions if RW'd;  fix writting on externalSD if not switched with internalSD. Just don't use ext.SD as adopted.

Guest wbrambley
Y300 vs G610 difference is very little, so it would not be a problem. In a few days. About overclock: cpu frequencies are from 245MHz to 1048MHz just as in chil360' kernel for SlimLP and CM13. 1008MHz seems no performance diff. and battery last slight longer. All goverments are the same, I prefer hyper.

Sounds right for the Y300, but after clocking the G510 up to 1350Mhz I found some improvements.

Guest pesartom
19 hours ago, wbrambley said:

Sounds right for the Y300, but after clocking the G510 up to 1350Mhz I found some improvements.

Can i ask, if you have a way to overclock the cpu & gpu, i would apprEciate it, since i cant find a way to tune my y300 to more than 1046 mhz.

Did some research as well

Edited by pesartom

Guest wbrambley
Can i ask, if you have a way to overclock the cpu & gpu, i would apprEciate it, since i cant find a way to tune my y300 to more than 1046 mhz.

Did some research as well

Not the CPU on Y300 unfortunately. Did some test builds for someone and all failed. GPU might overclock on its own, I can't vouch for any performance gains there though as on my G510 I overclock both.

16 hours ago, wbrambley said:

Not the CPU on Y300 unfortunately. Did some test builds for someone and all failed. GPU might overclock on its own, I can't vouch for any performance gains there though as on my G510 I overclock both.

Well, G510 build is ready, tested and uploaded! Note: on first boot, recognize 1st partition of ext.SD as removable partition, ignore corrupted partition. On next boot, you can recognize 2nd partition of ext.SD as removable. 

24 minutes ago, Trapezio said:

Wifi connects to my access point but doesn't make an internet connection.

well it needs some time (10-30sec) to catch internet after "connected".

8 hours ago, Mr Voland said:

@adeii

Could you please make a kk or jb rom preferably AOSP?

What about Dirty Unicorns (4.4.x) ? I"ve planed that to start next. No need to make any AOSP, besides SlimKat.

Edited by adeii

Guest Mr Voland
4 hours ago, adeii said:

What about Dirty Unicorns (4.4.x) ? I"ve planed that to start next. No need to make any AOSP, besides SlimKat.

Seems to be nice, however any kk or jb ROM's are welcome. 

When it will be finshed?

Guest pesartom
5 hours ago, adeii said:

i will appreciate it as well.

Lot of bugs for now, most of [-Werror=strict-aliasing], different toolchain, CAF vs non-CAF sources..etc.

D.U. is built! It boots, it's fast, it's full of features, RIL (and GPRS) is working, camera is working, but, as usual, wifi can not turn on, gps is not working at all, and browsers are FC"ing at start.  

Edited by adeii

Guest pesartom
12 minutes ago, adeii said:

Lot of bugs for now, most of [-Werror=strict-aliasing], different toolchain, CAF vs non-CAF sources..etc.

are we talking about dirty unicorns or aicp?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, adeii said:

Are you factory default-ed Y300/G510 before flashing?! Even "format /system"? Animation with light swiping "android" can last till 10 mins on first boot.

About SIM card, try to flash this: RIL files from CM13 fr Y300 from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByubcP-0n9bLY1JGR1VpSlcxaWc

Does going airplane mode ON then OFF solve SIM registering?

I have been able to flash the rom ok. Although I am unable to get internet access for 3g networks. The APNs settings come up with the message "Access PointName settings are not available to user".There are no APN settings what so ever. And flashing ril-8833 zip is the  having the effect of wiping out the imei numbers completely, so no cell data what so ever. Any suggestions to overcome this. Your help in this matter would be most appreciated

On subota, 17. septembar 2016. at 8:03 PM, Alchess said:

I have been able to flash the rom ok. Although I am unable to get internet access for 3g networks. The APNs settings come up with the message "Access PointName settings are not available to user".There are no APN settings what so ever. And flashing ril-8833 zip is the  having the effect of wiping out the imei numbers completely, so no cell data what so ever. Any suggestions to overcome this. Your help in this matter would be most appreciated

I am sorry to heard. Did he have that problem with CM-13 ROM, cause have no an idea is it kernel or aicp-source problem ? I had not try 3G network, cause using 2.5G, but EDGE and H+ is working for sure. UPDATE: try to change SETTINGS-Mobile networks-CDMA sub..- from  RUIM/SIM to NV and vice verca!!!

Maybe this will help you, also there are apps for restoring IMEI:

Edited by adeii