[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest emaxxim

@KonstaT Sorry to bother you but my device isn't recognized from the PC. I install the driver on Windows 10, enter fastboot holding down the volume down when the chuwi vi10 plus powering on but everytime fastboot devices command report:<waiting for device>

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, emaxxim said:

@KonstaT Sorry to bother you but my device isn't recognized from the PC. I install the driver on Windows 10, enter fastboot holding down the volume down when the chuwi vi10 plus powering on but everytime fastboot devices command report:<waiting for device>

Sorry, no idea. Not a Windows user. Most likely a driver issue, though.

Is adb working when you've booted to Android?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest emaxxim

I'm not too. I work with linux, but even ubuntu don't see the tablet. The problem is this, tablet doesn't show up in Windows nor in Linux. In ubuntu with lsusb command I can't see it. So it doesn't work?

Guest PalmTrees
6 hours ago, emaxxim said:

Have you got developer options? And notice any popup on your tablet, where you can allow USB debugging? 

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, emaxxim said:

I have to connect to PC through the micro  USB type C right?

Yes, USB type C. Really push the connector that it's properly connected. I think mine even sort of 'clicks'.

Have you received OTA update for Remix OS and have you installed it? If not, you could try that just in case.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest emaxxim

I can't hear any clicks even when I use the original cable. I don't receive any OTA for Remix OS, there's a new versione out? I think the problem is Gearbest, I think they load some custom version of Remix OS and it's badword up my tablet. I can't even flash the stock one because the tablet isn't show up in the device manager as not recognized. 

@KonstaT what did you use to connect the tablet to the PC? Linux?

Guest PalmTrees
15 minutes ago, emaxxim said:

I can't hear any clicks even when I use the original cable. I don't receive any OTA for Remix OS, there's a new versione out? I think the problem is Gearbest, I think they load some custom version of Remix OS and it's badword up my tablet. I can't even flash the stock one because the tablet isn't show up in the device manager as not recognized. 

Don't blame Gearbest, c'mon. Don't you know someone who is running Windows? 

Guest KonstaT
50 minutes ago, emaxxim said:

What Remix OS build did your device ship with (Settings->About tablet->Build number)? Gearbest doesn't install any custom build on these devices. It's not a Remix OS issue anyway if you can't even connect with fastboot when booted into bootloader.

Yeah, I use Linux. You need to set the right udev rules if you want to use adb and fastboot (installing Linux version of Intel Platform Flash Tool will also do that for you). Your device should be still listed with 'lsusb' even without the right udev rules.

I have these in my /etc/udev/rules.d/11-android.rules (username is your username of course).

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0a65", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel DnX fastboot
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="09ef", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel fastboot
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0a5e", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel mtp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0a5f", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel mtp,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0a60", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel ptp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8087", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0a61", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Intel ptp,adb

Edited by KonstaT

Guest emaxxim

@KonstaTsorry to bother you but the lusb without and with the tablet connected have the same input, as you can see.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:5728 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:1643 Kingston Technology DataTraveler G3
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:5728 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:1643 Kingston Technology DataTraveler G3
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Now Remix OS can't boot, I reset the tablet and it's stacked on booting forever. I think I am the 1 over 10k to have a defective unit.

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, emaxxim said:

@KonstaTsorry to bother you but the lusb without and with the tablet connected have the same input, as you can see.

Now Remix OS can't boot, I reset the tablet and it's stacked on booting forever. I think I am the 1 over 10k to have a defective unit.

Yes, probably something wrong with the device then. Usual things to try is to use different USB cable, use different USB port, use different computer, reboot all devices, etc.

Guest emaxxim

Finally I made it. The chuwi vi10 plus with CyanogenMod 12 is another planet. I report here my solution. I run a ubuntu live 16.10 (i think it's work with alla linux), install Intel phone flash tool for Linux and most important is work the original USB type c cable. I don't know why but other type c cable don't connect the tablet to PC only for charge. I think this could help someone in my exact situation. Thank you @KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
47 minutes ago, winnieyip said:

I would like to check what I could do for prerequisities #! if I am using Mac machine?

OS X/Mac OS is Unix family OS just like Linux so you don't need USB drivers. Do you have problems connecting your device with adb/fastboot?

You can install Mac version of Intel Platform Flash Tool just in case.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest winnieyip
On 26/12/2016 at 11:29 PM, KonstaT said:

OS X/Mac OS is Unix family OS just like Linux so you don't need USB drivers. Do you have problems connecting your device with adb/fastboot?

You can install Mac version of Intel Platform Flash Tool just in case.

I failed to install the Android SDK tools with error as shown at the screenshot. I failed to run the following two commands at my mac pc too

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock

Anything I may be able to do now?

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.37.33 PM.png

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, winnieyip said:

I failed to install the Android SDK tools with error as shown at the screenshot. I failed to run the following two commands at my mac pc too

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot oem unlock

Anything I may be able to do now?

You just need the SDK tools - not the whole Android Studio. Scroll down to 'Get just the command line tools'.
https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html#downloads

There's also a few dozen 'adb & fastboot' package threads over at XDA. I just prefer to link the original and official source.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest winnieyip

Thanks for your help :)

I finally got stuck at the step "Install zip in TWRP" at How to disable dm-verity:

I just played with this for the first time and I have no idea what I could do for this - could you tell me what command I should type in etc ....

And at this moment, could I turn off the PC and sleep first?

Edited by winnieyip

Guest KonstaT
35 minutes ago, winnieyip said:

Thanks for your help :)

I finally got stuck at the step "Install zip in TWRP" at How to disable dm-verity:

I just played with this for the first time and I have no idea what I could do for this - could you tell me what command I should type in etc ....

And at this moment, could I turn off the PC and sleep first?

TWRP has graphical UI so you don't need to type any commands anymore. Choose 'Install', select file you've saved to your internal storage/external microsd/USB OTG (use 'Select storage' to toggle between different storages), and swipe to confirm you want to flash that file. TWRP works exactly the same as on any other Android device so you can find plenty of guides how to use it with a simple Google search or even YouTube videos.

If you haven't slept since monday, I'd recommend you do that. :P

Edited by KonstaT

Guest winnieyip

Thanks and I could "disable dm-verify" :)

In fact what I want to do is to fix the freezing problem at my Vi10Plus - is it after I have successfully installed the TWRP, I only need to proceed to the installation of the patch only

)

And do I need to proceed the "How to restore stock recovery:"? after the installation?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, winnieyip said:

Thanks and I could "disable dm-verify" :)

In fact what I want to do is to fix the freezing problem at my Vi10Plus - is it after I have successfully installed the TWRP, I only need to proceed to the installation of the patch only

And do I need to proceed the "How to restore stock recovery:"? after the installation?

Flashing the dm-verity disabling patch is actually unnecessary if you're just going to proceed straight to flashing a patch/ROM that comes with dm-verity disabled.

If you plan to use Remix OS, I'd recommend flashing this Remix OS ROM instead. It's a newer build with bunch of other fixes and malware removed.

There's no reason the restore stock recovery.

Guest winnieyip

Thanks for your reply indeed. I am downloading but I have another question here - I believe I have installed the TWRP successfully but I failed to boot to that TWRP for the installation. Is there any hint for me?

The reason why I asked as I found that I encountered error when running the command "adb reboot recovery" at my Macbook when connecting the device using USB. I have no idea how to fiix

Edited by winnieyip