[ROM][DEV][ALL][6.0.1_r77] Broken Rom 4.9.1

Guest adeii

Dysfunctional ROMs present Broken OS 4.9.1

download folder @ mega.nz [Y300, G330, G510]

intro note: original build was in one ZIP, but SuperSU fail to install... Without root, everything works as usual (WiFi, BT, Camera, etc)

With system mode SuperSU, BT and Camera fail to start, with systemless SU, flashing fails and reboot.

So this build, got MagiskSU for the first time. Patched boot + Magisk Manager make fully rooted system, but if used on first boot, BT and Camera fail to start... Problem solved:

UPDATE1 - december 2017.

SuperSU is backported and now works!

1. Flash Broken-v4.9.1-u8951-6.0.1-SU-Snap-20171118.zip and Broken-spoofed (if you want to use microG without limits)

2. Reboot to system, everything should works (BT, Camera, SuperUser, Snap...)

3. Flash NanoMod-microG-14.x instead of OpenGAPPS-pico.  You need to manually enable Spoof signature and Storage permissions for Google Play Store in Settings>Apps>App permissions !

Forget OLD installation flow: 

1 - wipe system, data, cache and flash Broken-4.9.1...zip and reboot to system

2 - Enable BT (turn on BT switch at least two time, until "Turning on bluetooth") and test if Camera works - they should both. Reboot to recovery.

3 - Flash Broken-spoofed (if you want to use microG without limits) and Snap (if you want to use Snapdragon camera, more featured camera than original) and reboot to system.

4 - Test again if BT, Camera and Snap work. And reboot to recovery. (optional step)

5 - At last flash patched Broken-magiskernel and MagiskManager and reboot to system. Phone is now rooted, check Magisk Manager > SuperSU.

6 - Grants root for kernel adiutor (and input devices, if needed) and test finaly BT, Camera and Snap  - they should work.

7 - If you want to use microG, flash NanoMod-microG-14.x and all signatures are faked/spoofed, just enable all switches in microG Settings and in Settings>Apps>App permissions for Spoof signature, Storage etc. 

Edited by adeii
new builds

13 hours ago, xxirioxx said:

Does this ROM have the blackscreen bug?

I hope not, blackscreen is usual on lollipop roms + I've blocked proximity sensor, so screen will not turn off during phone call and after. 

16 hours ago, xxirioxx said:

This is not a good solution... :D There is a high probability to close a call just touching the screen with your face.

Not a problem, delete /system/etc/init.d/98-disable-sensor and reboot. Better option is to disable sensor and add transparent lockscreen like on Samsung phones? 

Or enable double tap on back/home/home to turn off screen.

Edited by adeii

11 hours ago, gr0m03eka said:

Please reupload file "Broken-spoofed-u8833.zip". It has zero size and returns error when flashing.

Good to know that. Uploading is done, spoofed and original services.

Guest xxirioxx
6 hours ago, adeii said:

Not a problem, delete /system/etc/init.d/98-disable-sensor and reboot. Better option is to disable sensor and add transparent lockscreen like on Samsung phones? 

Or enable double tap on back/home/home to turn off screen.

I don't know. Maybe is better to solve the sensor problem. But I think it's too hard. Any other solutions are dirty in my opinion. It's not handy to remember to turn the screen off before answering a call.

Guest Trapezio

Hi!

What's the "services-Broken-u8833.zip"?

EDIT:

To avoid the black screen after installation, the initial setup must be made without a SIM card.

Edited by Trapezio

On 17.11.2017. at 2:25 AM, Trapezio said:

Hi!

What's the "services-Broken-u8833.zip"?

EDIT:

To avoid the black screen after installation, the initial setup must be made without a SIM card.

"services" is original /framework/services.jar (if needed for bootloop or lags or app breaks) and counterpart is "spoofed" patched services.jar (for microG users).

- i did not had problem with installation with SIM when connect to wifi and quickly turn off mobiledata. 

Update: Broken-v4.9.1-u8951-6.0.1-SU-Snap-20171118.zip

- has built-in SuperUser, no need to install Magisk Manager nor MagiskSU-patched kernel (step no.5) nor additional flashes

- has built-in Snap (advanced camera for SnapDragon CPUs)

- has fixed permissions

- Substratum and Masquerade are removed, because they are useless for this rom

On 11/16/2017 at 8:11 AM, degradatoome said:

Anyone has already tried? Is it faster, than LineageOS? Does volume button wake-up works?

No speed impovement against LineageOS. Yes, volume wake rocker works, somewhere in Settings > Broken parts

Guest Trapezio
On 6/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, adeii said:

Update: Broken-v4.9.1-u8951-6.0.1-SU-Snap-20171118.zip

- has built-in SuperUser, no need to install Magisk Manager nor MagiskSU-patched kernel (step no.5) nor additional flashes

- has built-in Snap (advanced camera for SnapDragon CPUs)

- has fixed permissions

- Substratum and Masquerade are removed, because they are useless for this rom

is it compatible with U8833?

1 hour ago, Trapezio said:

Great rom, faster and without blackscreen but sometimes forget the app permissions.

after update maybe, like Windows ?! I'm joking. Maybe bug in SELinux?

Guest zetaperu

How to do to see all open applications? I press the lower center button and it does not show it. Will there be an additional step to activate it in this ROM?

Guest Trapezio
4 hours ago, zetaperu said:

How to do to see all open applications? I press the lower center button and it does not show it. Will there be an additional step to activate it in this ROM?

Settings ---> Broken Pieces ---> Navigation ---> Hardware Buttons ---> Home key ---> Long Press ---> Recents

Guest zetaperu

CASE: YOUTUBE

Install NanoMod-microG-14.x but when I run Youtube I get this message

(I attached the image)
5a3302f41ef2b_2017-12-1417-42-04.PNG.95b3e60593d9185f5f9dd3e8b720cba3.PNG

CASE: GMAIL

Gmail will not run without Google Play services, which are not compatible with your device.
Any solution?

Will there be a solution regarding the configuration of gmail?
Gmail will not run without Google Play services, which are not compatible with your device.

CASE: microG and self-Check

The microG settings are like this:
(I tried to activate the spoofing of signatures but does not let it activate) as advised in the updated post
Something I can solve?

Screenshot_20171214-180047.png.4fcc19d384b07bfaf916b3a3f828c7a1.png

Screenshot_20171214-180112.png.75c37063b2392170458b9868a739678e.png

Guest zetaperu
1 hour ago, Trapezio said:

@zetaperu

From MicroG official site:

Cattura.PNG

The same message keeps appearing despite enabling the indicated

Youtube will not run without Google Play services, which are not compatible with your device