barki82

barki82

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610

I'm really hate C#, because that language is a mess. :(

BTW, I almost done with the new version. :( It was not as hard as I thought. I'll not release new SDK, just the new structure of a skin's folders. An other change was made, the settings went to the registry.

Hi Rapid81, thanks for the gr8 job, will the new version support light sensor of B7610?

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy+

Hi Rapid81, thanks for the gr8 job, will the new version support light sensor of B7610?

I tried to use another dll to reach the lightsensor, but that's not worked. I think this is an SDK issue. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

I created a test application to test the lightsensor of your B7610.
Just unzip, then copy the B7610_LightSensor_Test.exe to your device and start it. You need an installed Samsung SDK (try all: 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2) or just the SamsungMobilesdk_2.dll file near the .exe.

Attached File  B7610_LightSensor_Test.zip   6.44KB   25 downloads

Create a screenshot from it for me.
You'll see something like this:

Attached File  Screen01.png   21.64KB   25 downloads

Edited by Rapid81, 03 June 2010 - 10:53 AM.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
Every B7610 users complaining about the lightsensor, but noone wants to help to fix it? Interesting... :(

nizar445

nizar445

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:HTC P3600, Samsung B7610
Hi Rapid81, thanks a lot for trying to solve the B7610 light sensor problem. I just tried your test programme in my phone (B7610) and a screenshot has been attached for you.

Attached Files

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Nine Inch Nails
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610
  • Twitter:@ninjaw
I have exact same result
ps: i a m not complaining
ps: if you can't acces google maps what about a mini compas on the task bar ?

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Hi Rapid81, thanks a lot for trying to solve the B7610 light sensor problem. I just tried your test programme in my phone (B7610) and a screenshot has been attached for you.

I see. Thank you. Now I know for sure, this is an SDK issue. The result message is the following (but I did not expect to not fit in the line :( ):

SMI_ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Maybe you can try to contact with Samsung, to fix this in a new release of the SDK.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
3.31 uploaded.

BTW, I'm still waiting for new themes... :(

Edited by Rapid81, 04 June 2010 - 12:10 PM.

ninjaw

ninjaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Nine Inch Nails
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610
  • Twitter:@ninjaw

3.31 uploaded.
BTW, I'm still waiting for new themes... :(

ah s***, i'll pm you in 8 hours with new link for Omarket

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

ah s***, i'll pm you in 8 hours with new link for Omarket

You don't have to. I have FTP now on PDAFanClub. :(
I'll update it there tonight.

Edited by Rapid81, 04 June 2010 - 12:00 PM.

dextro_

dextro_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
amaizing job rapid. congrats!

Hennnry

Hennnry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:I8000
Great program, great job

godoyster

godoyster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - i8000
works great on my Omnia 2 running 6.5.3 JE3. Actually, now I got calibrate the compass (for the first time) :(

I was using the 2.0 version, and never could calibrate it...

rbean

rbean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920
Rapid,

Your work on this project is amazing. I just got my Omnia II a couple weeks ago, and I have read every message of this thread because I have been enthralled with the process that has led to the latest release. A beer on me is headed your way.

Everything in the 3.31 build is working great on my i920 except a couple minor issues:

1. The spirit level is always off by 10-11 degrees on the positive side of the horizontal axis. I have calibrated the phones motion settings, and they show spot on. Still, when I go into the spirit level it is always off. Maybe adding some kind of trim controls to manually adjust the level would be useful.

2. When I press the "save current location" button the program crashes. Details of the error state: "DirectoryNotFoundException" Is there a folder or something that needs to be created to store saved locations. I am able to save locations manually by typing in the coordinates.

Again. Great work, and have a cold one on me. :(

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Rapid,

Your work on this project is amazing. I just got my Omnia II a couple weeks ago, and I have read every message of this thread because I have been enthralled with the process that has led to the latest release. A beer on me is headed your way.

Everything in the 3.31 build is working great on my i920 except a couple minor issues:

1. The spirit level is always off by 10-11 degrees on the positive side of the horizontal axis. I have calibrated the phones motion settings, and they show spot on. Still, when I go into the spirit level it is always off. Maybe adding some kind of trim controls to manually adjust the level would be useful.

2. When I press the "save current location" button the program crashes. Details of the error state: "DirectoryNotFoundException" Is there a folder or something that needs to be created to store saved locations. I am able to save locations manually by typing in the coordinates.

Again. Great work, and have a cold one on me. :)

1. I don't know what might that is.
2. That's my fault. I missed 1 line in the code. I udated the cab. Download it again and try. It should work now. :)

rbean

rbean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920

1. I don't know what might that is.
2. That's my fault. I missed 1 line in the code. I udated the cab. Download it again and try. It should work now. :)

Yep, the update fixed the error. Thanks.

As for the Spirit Level being off, I found a work around. I prop up my phone to read 0 by 0; then I go to the phones motion settings and calibrate. The Spirit Level will then read 0 by 0 on a flat surface.

Nevertheless, I think it would be useful to have a "tare" button similar to one on a scale. Then if it is not possible to find a flat surface the user could "zero out" the spirit level for a baseline.

schildpad

schildpad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia B7610
I got the same result with you lightsensor test program on my B7610. Did you share the code of the test program with the Samsung developers?

I'll send them an email about the problem and hope they can solve it. Thanks for you the great effort you took to help the b7610 users.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Yep, the update fixed the error. Thanks.

As for the Spirit Level being off, I found a work around. I prop up my phone to read 0 by 0; then I go to the phones motion settings and calibrate. The Spirit Level will then read 0 by 0 on a flat surface.

Nevertheless, I think it would be useful to have a "tare" button similar to one on a scale. Then if it is not possible to find a flat surface the user could "zero out" the spirit level for a baseline.

I'll try to put an option to open the Samsung's motion sensor calibration app. I looked into it last night, but the setting_b.exe need some kind of parameter to open the calibration screen. I'll try to figure it out.

I got the same result with you lightsensor test program on my B7610. Did you share the code of the test program with the Samsung developers?

I'll send them an email about the problem and hope they can solve it. Thanks for you the great effort you took to help the b7610 users.

I attached the source code. It's written in VB.NET with VS2008. The program just PInvokes the 2 functions of the SamsungMobilesdk_2.dll, the SmiLightSensorGetCapabilities and SmiLightSensorGetIlluminance.

I modified it to see the results clearly.

Attached Files

Fabio Cabrero

Fabio Cabrero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro
Hi.. I´ve bought an Omnia Pro... I've installed it but I can't run, I always receive a message "Message text unavailable. Resource file 'Microsoft.Visualbasic. resources' not found...

Could you please give some help.

I have cf 3.5 installed...

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Hi.. I´ve bought an Omnia Pro... I've installed it but I can't run, I always receive a message "Message text unavailable. Resource file 'Microsoft.Visualbasic. resources' not found...

Could you please give some help.
I have cf 3.5 installed...

CF 3.5 enabled too?
What says when you tap on the details button?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users