SMS UI

Guest tacchan23
Probably. Do you know the width of your scrollbars? If you do, I can try and send you a fix. Also if you have 6.5.x there may be a difference there as well. I only have 6.5 (as there are no roms for the i920 yet).

Should be 9 pixel.

Thanks anyway in case:)

Guest Ninja4Hire
Should be 9 pixel.

Thanks anyway in case:)

Hey Tacchan,

(I don't think my PM sent you the message)

Can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing with my skin installed? I changed my scroll to 9px, but it only moved the bottom half of each chat box over slightly. I don't think you are having that same issue.

Also I seen your post on xda with the screen shot of the little pixel box error. Do you remember what version of yxyn's theme you downloaded?

Guest redzone321

great theme. i love it

I updated my theme on Post #11 with a quick change. I added 3 pixels of space under the text to stop it from running over the conversation box. I also forced a black background for people who have it defaulted to something else.

Currently I am trying to reduce the space at the top when you have "Older" messages, but I'm at work so I have to find the time.

Here is a new theme. Please let me know if it's not working right for anyone.

Guest Ninja4Hire
With your 2.0 version some of the received bubbles are distorted alittle

I see whats happening with yours. The time and date are appearing below the sender (instead of on the side) causing the top half to use more space than allowed. I think I can fix that. I may actually have to tell you what to fix because I don't have 6.5.x.

Guest jpenman
I see whats happening with yours. The time and date are appearing below the sender (instead of on the side) causing the top half to use more space than allowed. I think I can fix that. I may actually have to tell you what to fix because I don't have 6.5.x.

i dont either i have the verizon omnia 2 i920 which is just standard 6.5 i believe..

Guest Ninja4Hire
i dont either i have the verizon omnia 2 i920 which is just standard 6.5 i believe..

Sorry I accidentally quoted you and not Tacchan23.

Edit: I am working on a new version of 2.0 so hopefully it will be fixed for you.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnJayJrV
I updated my theme on Post #11 with a quick change. I added 3 pixels of space under the text to stop it from running over the conversation box. I also forced a black background for people who have it defaulted to something else.

FYI: These skins may need to be adjusted to fit your scroll bar size. All mine are made to fit around 16px scroll bars. Please see Post #7 for details if yours is broken or offset by a few pixels.

Please let me know if it's not working right for anyone.

post-327098-1263591345_thumb.png

Fix Log

2.1: Fixed slight offset on incoming chat box.

2.2: Decreased incoming/outgoing coming title from 12px to 9px to stop longer names from breaking chat box.

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_v2.2.zip

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_NoScrollbar_v2.2.zip

Edit: This is the style sheet for 6.5.3 roms. (updated: currently designed for 9px - 10px scrollbars per request)

6.5.x_iframe_style.zip

Copied no scroll files over on stock i920 rom... Works great, but still have scroll bars and on left some of the chat box is missing. I'm assuming since I still have scroll bars this is why chat box is not showing properly....

jv

Guest Ninja4Hire
Copied no scroll files over on stock i920 rom... Works great, but still have scroll bars and on left some of the chat box is missing. I'm assuming since I still have scroll bars this is why chat box is not showing properly....

jv

Yeah that version does not work with a scroll bar. You will need to either remove your scroll bar with some thing like "advanced config" or use the other version of my sms theme.

Guest Ninja4Hire

I made a few different SMS skins. These are the new format with the senders picture at the top. Credit for this discovery goes to Astronout or at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622520

Ninja Theme (for people who like Ninja's....like me)

post-327098-1264720706_thumb.jpg

Here is one I made for Maisonpulaski over on XDA

post-327098-1264720719_thumb.jpg

Also I made a few sets of chat bubbles in different colors. All you have to do is find the ones you want and place them in your \windows folder.

post-327098-1264720731_thumb.jpg

Ninja_BlackNinja_v1.zip

Maisonpulaski_SMS_v2.zip

Ninja_SMS_Colors.zip

Guest mclaser
Thanks, it will fit my black theme well:)

This mod looks great on the black theme! Just what I've been looking for. Except...I'm back to my old problem of not seeing text on HTML emails (unless I highlight it). I've been using Classic Blue to get around the problem, but I would prefer to use Black. Do you guys know what the trick is to use the black theme and still see the email text?

Thanks!

Guest jpenman
I made a few different SMS skins. These are the new format with the senders picture at the top. Credit for this discovery goes to Astronout or at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622520

Ninja Theme (for people who like Ninja's....like me)

post-327098-1264720706_thumb.jpg

Here is one I made for Maisonpulaski over on XDA

post-327098-1264720719_thumb.jpg

Also I made a few sets of chat bubbles in different colors. All you have to do is find the ones you want and place them in your \windows folder.

post-327098-1264720731_thumb.jpg

Ninja_BlackNinja_v1.zip

Maisonpulaski_SMS_v2.zip

Ninja_SMS_Colors.zip

2 things.... First is I updated rom to 6.5.3 so this doesn't fit perfectly and second is the header suppose to show my image or contacts?

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone, im very interested in this sms ui but ive tried follow every step here and it seems can't get it to work on my O2. I've unzip the file and copy it to my storage. Then i use resco explorer to move the .css file to windows directory and overwrite the existing file but it still couldn't work. Must i copy all the files from the zip file or just the css? caused i tried copy everything inside the zip file to window it still doesn't work.

Currently i'm on

PDA : JA5

CSC : SOJA5

PHONE : JA3

CE OS 5.2.21889.

Please help me experts here.........i would really appreciate the guidance and help needed here. Thanks!

Guest Ninja4Hire
hi everyone, im very interested in this sms ui but ive tried follow every step here and it seems can't get it to work on my O2. I've unzip the file and copy it to my storage. Then i use resco explorer to move the .css file to windows directory and overwrite the existing file but it still couldn't work. Must i copy all the files from the zip file or just the css? caused i tried copy everything inside the zip file to window it still doesn't work.

Currently i'm on

PDA : JA5

CSC : SOJA5

PHONE : JA3

CE OS 5.2.21889.

Please help me experts here.........i would really appreciate the guidance and help needed here. Thanks!

probably dumb question, but did you make sure your messaging program was closed? If not try to soft reset your phone and see if it makes any changes.

Guest ky_guy

yea,i know kinda dumb question but i seriously tried every way but still couldn't get it work....

i did even made the soft reset but still couldnt get it....not too sure where it went wrong.... :(

• 4 months later...
Guest azza6

Hey guys, can someone post the original files? I forgot to backup my files and need them back.. :angry:

Edited by azza6

• 5 months later...

after shutting down tmail, i can copy all files

but when i open my textmessages, my omnia 2 keeps overwriting the iframe_style.css

and so i keep on using my oldschool omnia 2 layout...

what to do??

thanx tukes

Guest bobfrantic
Thanks for the SMS Theme, I created a cab file for it and installed it on my O2. Works great except for the gaps that were mentioned. Great work!!!

can you share the cab you made? :)