SMS UI

Guest ZeroXtreme
Thanks for point that thread out, I'm really enjoying my default SMS app now! :)

And I've even edited the skin to look like the original skinned Samsung SMS app. Hope you'll like it! B)

Thanks for the SMS Theme, I created a cab file for it and installed it on my O2. Works great except for the gaps that were mentioned. Great work!!!

Guest Ninja4Hire

I managed to fix the slight offset of the conversation boxes (in portrait view) by adding "margin-left:2px;" to the ".in+div.read" and ".out+div.read" classes of the iframe_style.css. This seems to work fine if your scrollbar is set to 16px.

FYI: the "2px" fix seems to throw off the incoming sms box when in landscape. Hopefully I can fix that.

I am still working on making a theme, but this may help some people out for now.

.in+div.read{

background-image:url(file://\windows\smsbg_in.gif);!important;

float:left;

margin-left:2px;

}

.out+div.read{

background-image:url(file://\windows\smsbg_out.gif);!important;

float:right;

margin-left:2px;

Edited by Ninja4Hire

thanks a lot oggo....been waiting for that! do you think you can do the inbox list where it list all the people who have texted you

I don't know, I didn't found out that trick by myself. I just read the topic at xda-developers and edited yxyn's work to fit the i8000 style. But I had a look inside the Windows folder for other css files to edit, and couldn't find anything related to the conversations list. So I think it's not possibile.

Did not work on my I920. ;)

Weird. All you have to do is copy the files in your Windows dir and restart tmail.exe. Remember to use TotalCommander or Resco Explorer to overwrite the css file. And make a backup first! :)

I cannot get this to work using PDAviet 6.5 rom.

the step stop tmail.exe in taskmanager. i cannot seem to do that.

Just kill your Messages application from Task Manager. Or simply soft-reset if you're still not able to do it B)

Guest redzone321

so tmail.exe is listed as a process not an application and for some reason i cannot stop/ end these processes in task manager. is there another program i should be using?

soft rebooting did not work. is it possible that PDAviet's rom is using a different css . i see a iframe_style_white.css file.

i will attempt to alter it and see if it works (and keep a backup of corse! lol)

*,* so i attempted to edit iframe_style_white.css and it would not let me. it said its stored in ROM and cannot be edited. i think the problem is that i cant kill tmail.com process.

Edited by redzone321

so tmail.exe is listed as a process not an application and for some reason i cannot stop/ end these processes in task manager. is there another program i should be using?

soft rebooting did not work. is it possible that PDAviet's rom is using a different css . i see a iframe_style_white.css file.

i will attempt to alter it and see if it works (and keep a backup of corse! lol)

*,* so i attempted to edit iframe_style_white.css and it would not let me. it said its stored in ROM and cannot be edited. i think the problem is that i cant kill tmail.com process.

The "Messages" application is tmail.exe, so you can kill that one instead. And probably you have to edit iframe_style_white.css, but you won't be able to as it's a system file. So what you have to do is copy the file into another location, edit it and then copy it back to your Windows folder using Total Commander or Resco Explorer, which will allow you to overwrite the original one. :)

Guest Ninja4Hire

I made a quick little basic theme. I am still working on it some, but if anyone wants to check it out.

Edit: Per request I have added a version for people with no scroll bar

(Pictures are from v1.0)

Update v1.1: Added 3px of space under the conversation text so the out messages would not sit on the line.

Forced black background for people with another default color.

post-327098-1263337980_thumb.pngpost-327098-1263349190_thumb.png

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_v1.1.zip

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_NoScrollbar_v1.1.zip

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest jpenman
I made a quick little basic theme. I am still working on it some, but if anyone wants to check it out.

post-327098-1263337980_thumb.png

one request....can you make this without the scroll bar as well? cuz i dont like the scroll bar so i have it disabled and it makes some weird glitches....like if i scrolled up and hit "older" to see the older texts, if i wanted to go to the newer texts again the "newer" button isnt at the bottom where it should be...its all separated through out the text....very weird

edit: also the green bubbles are off a little but i turned scroll bars back on and it was the same.. but heres a pic with both problems that im talking about

post-531069-1263340537_thumb.jpg

Edited by jpenman

Guest Ninja4Hire
one request....can you make this without the scroll bar as well? cuz i dont like the scroll bar so i have it disabled and it makes some weird glitches....like if i scrolled up and hit "older" to see the older texts, if i wanted to go to the newer texts again the "newer" button isnt at the bottom where it should be...its all separated through out the text....very weird

Ok. I will have to disable my scroll bar to test, but I will see what I can do...

Guest redzone321
The "Messages" application is tmail.exe, so you can kill that one instead. And probably you have to edit iframe_style_white.css, but you won't be able to as it's a system file. So what you have to do is copy the file into another location, edit it and then copy it back to your Windows folder using Total Commander or Resco Explorer, which will allow you to overwrite the original one. :)

got it to work. thanks!

Guest Ninja4Hire
i edited my last post with pic so you can see what i mean

Wow, that is crazy! Do you know if Öggo's theme had the same affect?

Ok so I am gonna try and duplicate this on mine, so maybe I know why it's acting funny.

Guest Ninja4Hire
i edited my last post with pic so you can see what i mean

Ok I fixed the "Newer" issue. Well at least it looks that way to me so far. I did notice that in landscape mode the "Newer" appears at the side, but not all messed up like before. I edited my other post with both links and pictures.

Edit: I can make the same fix for Öggo's theme if anyone needs it. I noticed that his did the same thing with no scroll bar. Or you can add a 5px margin to the iframe_style.css like below.

body.thread

{

margin: 5px !important;

font-family: Tahoma !important;

font-size: 9pt;

font-weight: normal;

wrap-option: emergency;

}

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest tacchan23

Edit: Per request I have added a version for people with no scroll bar

post-327098-1263337980_thumb.pngpost-327098-1263349190_thumb.png

Thanks, it will fit my black theme well:)

Guest jpenman

I hate to nag but if you look at your pics the bottom line in the blue text bubbles is real close to the edge...when there is a y or a p or a g in the last line it sometimes comes out of the bubble...not a big problem just thought if mention it

Guest Ninja4Hire
I hate to nag but if you look at your pics the bottom line in the blue text bubbles is real close to the edge...when there is a y or a p or a g in the last line it sometimes comes out of the bubble...not a big problem just thought if mention it

lol yeah I know. I am actually trying to figure out how to bump that text up. When I flipped the conversation box, it made the text appear lower. The .css file does not have all the fields needed, so I am kind of guessing one move at a time.

Guest Ninja4Hire

I updated my theme on Post #11 with a quick change. I added 3 pixels of space under the text to stop it from running over the conversation box. I also forced a black background for people who have it defaulted to something else.

FYI: These skins may need to be adjusted to fit your scroll bar size. All mine are made to fit around 16px scroll bars. Please see Post #7 for details if yours is broken or offset by a few pixels.

Please let me know if it's not working right for anyone.

post-327098-1263591345_thumb.png

Fix Log

2.1: Fixed slight offset on incoming chat box.

2.2: Decreased incoming/outgoing title from 12px to 9px to stop longer names from breaking chat box.

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_v2.2.zip

Ninja_Omnia2SMS_NoScrollbar_v2.2.zip

Edit: This is the style sheet for 6.5.3 roms. (updated: currently designed for 9px - 10px scrollbars per request)

6.5.x_iframe_style.zip

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest tacchan23
I updated my theme on Post #11 with a quick change. I added 3 pixels of space under the text to stop it from running over the conversation box. I also forced a black background for people who have it defaulted to something else.

Currently I am trying to reduce the space at the top when you have "Older" messages, but I'm at work so I have to find the time.

Here is a new theme. Please let me know if it's not working right for anyone.

I tried all your posted versions but I always have the top and bottom bubble image separated from a black linespace.

Could it depend on me having a theme with smaller/thiner scrollbars?

Guest Ninja4Hire
I tried all your posted versions but I always have the top and bottom bubble image separated from a black linespace.

Could it depend on me having a theme with smaller/thiner scrollbars?

Probably. Do you know the width of your scrollbars? If you do, I can try and send you a fix. Also if you have 6.5.x there may be a difference there as well. I only have 6.5 (as there are no roms for the i920 yet).