i8000 wm6.5 gpsfix

Guest Ender Psp
No work for me too...

Installed with softreset and see no differences. GPS still slow, laggy and lost connections with sat's.

Only salvation is GPSgate. I don't like to use such proxy as GPSGate, but theres no choice.

Can you please share more about what you did and what your phone's details are (pda, eboot etc)?

Guest Dolfie

Works for me ;-) but i have not upgraded my radio-rom. With radio you mean phone-rom ?

Is it possible to upgrade only the phone-rom, or are there to many problems afterwards ?

Currently I have for PDA & CSC IJC-rom, for the phone II6.

Guest asus535

if you are satisfied the gps fix, don't upgrade the radio rom.

Radio ROM (HTC users call it) means Phone ROM, and small, 16MB sized.

If you want to try a different radio-rom, you can write it easly and quickly. Check "preserve contents", select only radio rom, then upgrade with Octans. No need for hard-resetting or setting up.

Works for me ;-) but i have not upgraded my radio-rom. With radio you mean phone-rom ?

Is it possible to upgrade only the phone-rom, or are there to many problems afterwards ?

Currently I have for PDA & CSC IJC-rom, for the phone II6.

Thanks Vagus for that fix

Edited by asus535

Guest Dolfie
if you are satisfied the gps fix, don't upgrade the radio rom.

Radio ROM (HTC users call it) means Phone ROM, and small, 16MB sized.

If you want to try a different radio-rom, you can write it easly and quickly. Check "preserve contents", select only radio rom, then upgrade with Octans. No need for hard-resetting or setting up.

Thanks Vagus for that fix

Thanks for the response and of course many thanks to Vagus for the fix.

I'm gonna try to update the phone-rom.

Guest asus535

If you don't have a Canadian or USA i8000, then don't worry. Their phone ROM's are different than secany's released ones.

Thanks for the response and of course many thanks to Vagus for the fix.

I'm gonna try to update the phone-rom.

Guest Igor Alpha
Can you please share more about what you did and what your phone's details are (pda, eboot etc)?

Phone details:

PDA: JA5

CSC: JA5

Phone: JA3

GPS program port: COM7

Hardware port: COM9

Baud rate: 4800 (also tried other values)

Just installed the cab and reset device. Then run navitel navigator or OZI explorer. Fix time seems to be the same as with previous gps dll. When using GPS softwate i experience lags about 3-5 sec and connections sometimes lost. At all nothing changed to me.

Guest achugar

I need help:

I accidentally lost my "gpsidril.dll" backup (the original one), can any one upload that file? I need it becouse i have a problem now:

The GPS seems to be working but its unavailable to find any satellite (not even one!), i have try everything but nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot.

Guest asus535

it's a ROM file, you cannot lost it.

just rename it to gpsidrilx.dll

then soft reset.

Now you have both gpsidrilx.dll (non-rom file, deletable), and gpsidril.dll (ROM file, original).

I need help:

I accidentally lost my "gpsidril.dll" backup (the original one), can any one upload that file? I need it becouse i have a problem now:

you may need to use, resco explorer, and change settings to see all files, and extensions.

Edited by asus535

Guest achugar
it's a ROM file, you cannot lost it.

just rename it to gpsidrilx.dll

then soft reset.

Now you have both gpsidrilx.dll (non-rom file, deletable), and gpsidril.dll (ROM file, original).

you may need to use, resco explorer, and change settings to see all files, and extensions.

Ok, thanks both of you.

After a hard reset, the GPS is working (even with Gpsfix installed). Its working fast but i have a question:

In the instructions on the gpsfix vagus tell us not to use the gps as "standalone" device insead use it as "Msbased". Its this the settings that you can change in Nogarder GPS? (ENETRING WITH *#1472365#). Becouse Gps, in my case, only work in "standalone". If i set it in "MS based" it work only once (when i soft reset the phone it doesnt work anymore).

My settings:

Port 4

speed 4800

XTRA ENABLED

XTRA server disable (i dont have a data plan)

Thanks

Guest Sebaer

what can I say?

Simple awesome!!!

Now i can get a signal from 5 to 6 satellites in my appartment, before the fix i can't get any satellite signal <_<

Using Samsung Omnia II, with Windows Mobile 6.5 (Firmware: JA5)

Big THx & great work

Guest acastiyo

I have to say thank you and congratulations because this fix really improves the behaviour of the GPS. Some people seemed to be happy with the performance but I wasn't, even more after watching how well the GPS of the HTC Diamond 2 works.

It is still not perfect, but that's because of the chipset this phone uses I imagine, and this tweak helps quite a lot to get better positioning.

Thanks very much vagus!!!

Guest mattandy

here you are my experience:

first time i had rom ja5, the "vagus modify" effect was wonderful. fix even in the house, in just few seconds.

in jb1 rom i had the contrary effect, so the gps din not see the satellites anymore. i tried and i re-tried lot of changes, but nothing to do, i'm thinking seriously to pass to IGO8

Guest asus535

I think it is not related with your navigation software. I always use igo8

try the procedure on post #33

exchange original wm6.5 and wm6.1 dll and soft-reset a few times. I experienced same thing on JA5 ROM after deleting wm6.1 dll

re-copied wm6.1 dll, not worked, deleted wm6.5 dll, not worked, used again wm6.1 dll and worked.

it is strange, but that also proves that something must be wrong with software but not hardware.

note1: I didnot use JB1 PDA ROM. I'm using JB1 GSM ROM

note2: I compared ja5 gpsidril.dll and jb1 gpsidril.dll, they are same.

here you are my experience:

first time i had rom ja5, the "vagus modify" effect was wonderful. fix even in the house, in just few seconds.

in jb1 rom i had the contrary effect, so the gps din not see the satellites anymore. i tried and i re-tried lot of changes, but nothing to do, i'm thinking seriously to pass to IGO8

Edited by asus535

Guest Rapid81

It's already fixed in JB1. My O2 needs 2 minutes at top on cold start, no matter where am I, to fix position.

Or maybe the settings:

COM port (in Samsung's options): COM4

Baud rate (in Samsung's options): 9600

Guest MihaiP

Hello.

My findings:

- the number of satellites (locked and standby) depends of the buffer values. Using the recommended settings of 1024/512 I have 4 locked and 6 standby satellites. Doubling the buffer, the numbers become 5 and 7. Doubling again, 4096/2048, I get 7 locked and 9 standby satellites. The device is struggling to increase the values by 1, but is loosing very fast the gained satellite.

- I don't know exactly what is fixed in the file, but I found out that, from time to time, all the satellites are lost, like having the GPS disconnected.

- The speed is very good, I get a position in about 10s, warm start and 25s cold start.

Phone : JA3, WM6.5.3, KSTAN's uLite, com settings as standard 7/9 baud 4800.

Edited by MihaiP

Guest Odysseas07

Hello

I want to unistall the fix what can i do ???

If i unistall i loose the gpsid.dll ???

IF YES can someone give me the original ??

thanksssssssssssssssss

Guest asus535

Read post #33

You can mask but can't loose or delete a ROM file.

Hello

I want to unistall the fix what can i do ???

If i unistall i loose the gpsid.dll ???

IF YES can someone give me the original ??

thanksssssssssssssssss

Guest mattandy

please tell me what's the baud rate and how is better to set it? lower or higher to improve the tomtom performance? now i'm on 57600

thank you so much 4 the answer <_<

Guest MihaiP

The baud rate is related to the protocol. The protocol's name is NMEA, with a standard baud rate of 4800 b/s. Setting it to run as fast as you can may improve the responsiveness of the program, because of some other technicalities (chipset and application). Also, you can use google for more info.

Guest chocobo9

Hi,

My google map stops working after i did a hard reset. I tried com 4 , 7 , baudrate 4800 , 9600 , 19200 , all failed.

I applied the gpsfix and it gives the same result.

can anyone give me some clues?

Guest Henti

I have installed the fix by automatic install, and somehow the gps completely stoped to work, i unistalled it and checked the registry values, they were the defaults, and still dont work, even a hard reset haven't helped. What could go wrong?

Guest asus535

Try to use xtra

And wait for minutes. You may need a coldstart duration.

Despite that fix, gps seems to need xtra data, at least 5 days.

I have installed the fix by automatic install, and somehow the gps completely stoped to work, i unistalled it and checked the registry values, they were the defaults, and still dont work, even a hard reset haven't helped. What could go wrong?
Edited by asus535