Ender Psp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Devices:I8000 Omnia 2 / LG Optimus 7

it was hard for me to convince people the importance of my wpa fix 2 years ago:
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=333558

Then, every Dell Axim x51v, or HP HX4700 or HTC Universal ROM cooker included my wpa fix in wm6.x cooked ROMs.

http://forum.ppcgeek...read.php?t=9298
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=439586
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=331803
http://forum.xda-dev...d...79&page=218

I hope, this time microsoft or Samsung corrects the driver, and we don't need older ones.

I suppose, there is nothing wrong with i8000 gps hardware. If people having problems, it must be software related.
JB1 Radio ROM, COM4: software port, reduced size buffers and ii2 version gpsidril.dll gave best fixes for me, so for the other i8000 wm6.5 users.

Thanks a lot, vagus. For so many things: this fix and explaining (and all your other work :().
Had no time, but will test this tonight and come back with details. I'm on 6.5, UK firmware II9 and won't update to JB1 but will tell you how it goes for me.
Cheers

Just curious.... do you think it's possible that on some operator-branded rom the issue has been solved?
I ask 'cause on the very first gps cold fix on my O2 (WM 6.5 rom branded by the italian operator "Wind") I was indoor (close to a window, but indoor nonetheless), cloud covered sky, and it got 7 satellites in 2 minutes max, while on my Omnia 1 (no brand wm 6.1 rom) the first cold fix took me about 15 minutes in the open under a 100% clear sky :(

Vostradamus, in your case it's very possible that XTRA data helped...
My O2 takes over 4 mins to get a fix from cold start without XTRA, and that's about what others have confirmed too.

Edited by Ender Psp, 03 March 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Vostradamus

Vostradamus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Location:Genoa, Italy, Europe, Earth, Solar System and so on...
  • Devices:Omnia 2 I8000

Vostradamus, in your case it's very possible that XTRA data helped...
My O2 takes over 4 mins to get a fix from cold start without XTRA, and that's about what others have confirmed too.

You're right, it can be. I don't remember if that time with the Omnia 1 I was using xtra (it was over 1 year ago) but that could actually be the reason.
When I'll have the chance I'll try without xtra, just to test it :(

My Current Device:
Samsung Galaxy S I9000, Froyo JP5

My Downloads:
- Vostradamus Spb Mobile Shell Manager (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA) [Latest Update: Often :) Check it out from time to time!]

My Cat: (she's always helping me when I'm at the pc... loves to step on the keyboard)
Posted Image

CLICK HERE if you find my mods useful and you want to offer me a drink or a couple chicken/tuna cans for my cat :D

inllh

inllh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000

downloaf ix from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAE0XH0D
Please make a back-up of your original windows\\gpsidril.dll
install my fix in "automatic install" folder
if an error happens, you must manually copy gpsidril.dll in "manual install folder" to windows folder of your device

Until Microsoft finds the bug in gpsid.dll and Samsung makes a good gpsidril.dll this is the temporary fix.
It is their duty to make a good driver that doesn't need GPSModDriver or reducing cache. We are the customers, and paid for those devices instead of iPhOnE

Hi expert,

I've installed and the sensitivity seems became higher. Thanks a lot.

By the way, can you share your GPS receiver?

Igor Alpha

Igor Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II GT-I8000
No work for me too...
Installed with softreset and see no differences. GPS still slow, laggy and lost connections with sat's.
Only salvation is GPSgate. I don't like to use such proxy as GPSGate, but theres no choice.

inllh

inllh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000
PS: My phone is JA3 while others are iL1

Ender Psp

Ender Psp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Devices:I8000 Omnia 2 / LG Optimus 7

No work for me too...
Installed with softreset and see no differences. GPS still slow, laggy and lost connections with sat's.
Only salvation is GPSgate. I don't like to use such proxy as GPSGate, but theres no choice.

Can you please share more about what you did and what your phone's details are (pda, eboot etc)?

Dolfie

Dolfie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Works for me ;-) but i have not upgraded my radio-rom. With radio you mean phone-rom ?
Is it possible to upgrade only the phone-rom, or are there to many problems afterwards ?
Currently I have for PDA & CSC IJC-rom, for the phone II6.

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:dell axim x51v
if you are satisfied the gps fix, don't upgrade the radio rom.
Radio ROM (HTC users call it) means Phone ROM, and small, 16MB sized.
If you want to try a different radio-rom, you can write it easly and quickly. Check "preserve contents", select only radio rom, then upgrade with Octans. No need for hard-resetting or setting up.

Works for me ;-) but i have not upgraded my radio-rom. With radio you mean phone-rom ?
Is it possible to upgrade only the phone-rom, or are there to many problems afterwards ?
Currently I have for PDA & CSC IJC-rom, for the phone II6.

Thanks Vagus for that fix

Edited by asus535, 04 March 2010 - 09:04 PM.

Dolfie

Dolfie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

if you are satisfied the gps fix, don't upgrade the radio rom.
Radio ROM (HTC users call it) means Phone ROM, and small, 16MB sized.
If you want to try a different radio-rom, you can write it easly and quickly. Check "preserve contents", select only radio rom, then upgrade with Octans. No need for hard-resetting or setting up.
Thanks Vagus for that fix

Thanks for the response and of course many thanks to Vagus for the fix.
I'm gonna try to update the phone-rom.

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
If you don't have a Canadian or USA i8000, then don't worry. Their phone ROM's are different than secany's released ones.

Thanks for the response and of course many thanks to Vagus for the fix.
I'm gonna try to update the phone-rom.

Igor Alpha

Igor Alpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II GT-I8000

Can you please share more about what you did and what your phone's details are (pda, eboot etc)?

Phone details:
PDA: JA5
CSC: JA5
Phone: JA3

GPS program port: COM7
Hardware port: COM9
Baud rate: 4800 (also tried other values)

Just installed the cab and reset device. Then run navitel navigator or OZI explorer. Fix time seems to be the same as with previous gps dll. When using GPS softwate i experience lags about 3-5 sec and connections sometimes lost. At all nothing changed to me.

achugar

achugar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I need help:

I accidentally lost my "gpsidril.dll" backup (the original one), can any one upload that file? I need it becouse i have a problem now:

The GPS seems to be working but its unavailable to find any satellite (not even one!), i have try everything but nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot.

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
it's a ROM file, you cannot lost it.
just rename it to gpsidrilx.dll
then soft reset.
Now you have both gpsidrilx.dll (non-rom file, deletable), and gpsidril.dll (ROM file, original).

I need help:
I accidentally lost my "gpsidril.dll" backup (the original one), can any one upload that file? I need it becouse i have a problem now:

you may need to use, resco explorer, and change settings to see all files, and extensions.

Edited by asus535, 05 March 2010 - 08:14 AM.

achugar

achugar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

it's a ROM file, you cannot lost it.
just rename it to gpsidrilx.dll
then soft reset.
Now you have both gpsidrilx.dll (non-rom file, deletable), and gpsidril.dll (ROM file, original).
you may need to use, resco explorer, and change settings to see all files, and extensions.

Ok, thanks both of you.
After a hard reset, the GPS is working (even with Gpsfix installed). Its working fast but i have a question:
In the instructions on the gpsfix vagus tell us not to use the gps as "standalone" device insead use it as "Msbased". Its this the settings that you can change in Nogarder GPS? (ENETRING WITH *#1472365#). Becouse Gps, in my case, only work in "standalone". If i set it in "MS based" it work only once (when i soft reset the phone it doesnt work anymore).
My settings:
Port 4
speed 4800
XTRA ENABLED
XTRA server disable (i dont have a data plan)

Thanks

Sebaer

Sebaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2 i8000
what can I say?
Simple awesome!!!
Now i can get a signal from 5 to 6 satellites in my appartment, before the fix i can't get any satellite signal <_<

Using Samsung Omnia II, with Windows Mobile 6.5 (Firmware: JA5)

Big THx & great work

acastiyo

acastiyo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II 8GB
I have to say thank you and congratulations because this fix really improves the behaviour of the GPS. Some people seemed to be happy with the performance but I wasn't, even more after watching how well the GPS of the HTC Diamond 2 works.

It is still not perfect, but that's because of the chipset this phone uses I imagine, and this tweak helps quite a lot to get better positioning.

Thanks very much vagus!!!

mattandy

mattandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2 i8000
here you are my experience:
first time i had rom ja5, the "vagus modify" effect was wonderful. fix even in the house, in just few seconds.

in jb1 rom i had the contrary effect, so the gps din not see the satellites anymore. i tried and i re-tried lot of changes, but nothing to do, i'm thinking seriously to pass to IGO8

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I think it is not related with your navigation software. I always use igo8
try the procedure on post #33
exchange original wm6.5 and wm6.1 dll and soft-reset a few times. I experienced same thing on JA5 ROM after deleting wm6.1 dll
re-copied wm6.1 dll, not worked, deleted wm6.5 dll, not worked, used again wm6.1 dll and worked.
it is strange, but that also proves that something must be wrong with software but not hardware.
note1: I didnot use JB1 PDA ROM. I'm using JB1 GSM ROM
note2: I compared ja5 gpsidril.dll and jb1 gpsidril.dll, they are same.

here you are my experience:
first time i had rom ja5, the "vagus modify" effect was wonderful. fix even in the house, in just few seconds.

in jb1 rom i had the contrary effect, so the gps din not see the satellites anymore. i tried and i re-tried lot of changes, but nothing to do, i'm thinking seriously to pass to IGO8

Edited by asus535, 09 March 2010 - 11:03 AM.

durmus

durmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc p3300
<_< Working It is still perfect (radio b1)

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy+
It's already fixed in JB1. My O2 needs 2 minutes at top on cold start, no matter where am I, to fix position.

Or maybe the settings:
COM port (in Samsung's options): COM4
Baud rate (in Samsung's options): 9600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users