CrescendoFire

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG Omnia II GT-i8000
  • Twitter:@CrescendoFang
This fix is NICE!!!! Thanks.... ^^

Much stronger sat signal.... Usually my Omnia2 struggles to get one sat signal inside my car.

~☆~Have you ever realized how insignificant your existence is on this planet? And if something must be true for us as human, to exist, then it is true because we exist.~☆~

Posted Image

x2h

x2h

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
thanks mate. seems to work better for me now.

Hiroshi.Rio

Hiroshi.Rio

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Very nice improvement. Thanks a lot! :)

Vagus, by the way, is there any skin or hack mode to iGO2006 to run it at 400x800? :roll:

uniserve

uniserve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:I8000
Hi Vagus,

You are my hero. I have got my new Samsung Omnia II two months ago. I am happy with most of it except the GPS performance. But after installed your gpsfix, the GPS sensitivity is greatly improved. The tracking of GPS is now seconds instead minutes.

Thanks very much for your work and sharing.

Darius P.

Darius P.

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:i8000
Info:
No need this fix with JF1 phone part.

CrescendoFire

CrescendoFire

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Info:
No need this fix with JF1 phone part.

Any reason?

~☆~Have you ever realized how insignificant your existence is on this planet? And if something must be true for us as human, to exist, then it is true because we exist.~☆~

Posted Image

Darius P.

Darius P.

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:i8000

Any reason?

new phone part has been corrected for faster and stable gps fix.

JF1, extra enabled.
Igo8
cold start - less 30s.
warm start - less 10s.
plus better sat reciption.

tested and confirmed.

pbasiros

pbasiros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

new phone part has been corrected for faster and stable gps fix.

JF1, extra enabled.
Igo8
cold start - less 30s.
warm start - less 10s.
plus better sat reciption.

tested and confirmed.

Is it possible to upgrade only the phone part and keep the others (PDA part, CSC and bin)

telemach

telemach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had patched dll and other mods, after changing phone part to JF5 I experience serious problems with GPS, some hangups, freeze and bad accuracy. I don't say you will have the same but I'm changing ROM, doing HR and will test this new phone part on newest builds.

nutpantz

nutpantz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
just installed manually on canada bell i8000
defiantly increases sensitivity
however it used to keep a lock when i went into the garage
now it loses the fix with in 5 feet of the door inside

i used to be able to walk around inside with out issue and stay locked

nutz

stmoo

stmoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
wow.. first time in my use of Omnia2 that get GPS lock so fast. previously need to use Franson Gpsgate.
thank.

BTW i just copy the auto install cab file (i8000 GPSfix.cab) and run it from the folder in my storage and install on device.

stmoo

stmoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
wow.. first time in my use of Omnia2 that get GPS lock so fast. previously need to use Franson Gpsgate.
thank.

BTW i just copy the auto install cab file (i8000 GPSfix.cab) and run it from the folder in my storage and install on device.

CrescendoFire

CrescendoFire

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
How about if I use this fix along with JF1 phone part?

Posted Image

digi_sys

digi_sys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia
  • Twitter:@gooousd

Hi Vagus,

You are my hero. I have got my new Samsung Omnia II two months ago. I am happy with most of it except the GPS performance. But after installed your gpsfix, the GPS sensitivity is greatly improved. The tracking of GPS is now seconds instead minutes.

Thanks very much for your work and sharing.

Hi - Would u be king enough to give me some step by step instructions on uploading this file onto my i8000. Wut of done so far is used Winrar to decompress the file. I got an automatic install folder with GPSfix.cab. Wuts the next step. Do i use a device like Resco Explorer to upload to the unit? Is it a simple copy paste to the windows directory of the i8000? Can i leave or rename the original file? Any info will help.

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:dell axim x51v
it is said that, Galaxy S (Android) has gps problems. Look
Thank you vagus for your contributions to WM community.

Samsung makes me angry because they are using unknown or low quality gps chips in their phones. If software (driver) fails, don't expect to be a fix from them.
We know the name of the gps chip in iphone4 (Broadcom BCM4750), but not in i8000 (Maybe one of These )
There is a speculation that S Galaxy S (SGS) uses new Broadcom 20751: Link
I wish Samsung use dedicated gps chips such as latest sirf or mtk (low power) chips as Asus did in Asus P535.
I think they use combined chips which may also doing FM radio or even GSM operations. Cheap method but quality depends on manufacturers software or hardware accomplishment.
There is even the possibility that, some of the gps chips are defective, or have different brand names. You know, some i8000 users aren't complaining about pgs performance, strange.

Edited by asus535, 28 July 2010 - 11:18 AM.

y17dt

y17dt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

it is said that, Galaxy S (Android) has gps problems. Look
Thank you vagus for your contributions to WM community.

Samsung makes me angry because they are using unknown or low quality gps chips in their phones. If software (driver) fails, don't expect to be a fix from them.
We know the name of the gps chip in iphone4 (Broadcom BCM4750), but not in i8000 (Maybe one of These )
There is a speculation that S Galaxy S (SGS) uses new Broadcom 20751: Link
I wish Samsung use dedicated gps chips such as latest sirf or mtk (low power) chips as Asus did in Asus P535.
I think they use combined chips which may also doing FM radio or even GSM operations. Cheap method but quality depends on manufacturers software or hardware accomplishment.
There is even the possibility that, some of the gps chips are defective, or have different brand names. You know, some i8000 users aren't complaining about pgs performance, strange.

I onwned a P535 before I bought my I8000. And I can tell you, my GPS is working as good as in my P535! Only after 5 or 6 hours of driving somtimes the GPS-chip crashens and Omnia needs to reeboot to find GPS again. P535 never did anything like that.

It seems to be a "good-chip" in my Omnia.

But I can tell you: GPS-chip in P750 was REALLY nice!

Regards

pennster

pennster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II
thank you. You are the man. this GPS issue has been bothering me for a while. and it gets resolved finally. thank you again.

harrymcqueen

harrymcqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

downloaf ix from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAE0XH0D
Please make a back-up of your original windows\\gpsidril.dll
install my fix in "automatic install" folder
if an error happens, you must manually copy gpsidril.dll in "manual install folder" to windows folder of your device

Until Microsoft finds the bug in gpsid.dll and Samsung makes a good gpsidril.dll this is the temporary fix.
It is their duty to make a good driver that doesn't need GPSModDriver or reducing cache. We are the customers, and paid for those devices instead of iPhOnE

Hi guys.

in my Omnia 2 i8000 the gpsidril.dll is stored in the rom, so its no chance to replace, without flashing a new ROM / Firmware right?

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
You cannot delete rom files, but make them hidden.
You can force copying files over rom files by resco explorer. rom files don't deleted by hides.
if you want to revert back to rom file, to unhide it, just rename gpsidril.dll to gpsidrilx.dll, and then delete gpsidrilx.dll
now hiding rom file, shows up.

Hi guys.

in my Omnia 2 i8000 the gpsidril.dll is stored in the rom, so its no chance to replace, without flashing a new ROM / Firmware right?

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
hint for users having problems with gps, and want to hard-reset device.
do-not hard reset ! Just copy a new radio (phone) rom with octans. check "preserve memory". do not select any other rom file or csc. Only select radio rom (16,384 kb) file.

I was playing with nogarder gps, to show something to my friend. I forget it, amd nogarder left running in the background for hours.
I then forced it to close with Samsung Taskswitcher. Then my gps port dis-appeared.

igo8 cannot find gps port, and nogarder gps doesn't show any gps information.

I wrote Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin with octans (without hardresetting), and now my gps port appeared again. I will now check, if that radio rom really doesn't need vagus fix. I will inform you later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users