32fps video recording on Omnia 2

Guest NuclearEMP

Guest lambi1982

Here is a sample from My O2 @ 1Ghz

I was able to capture 36.4 FPS @ 720x480

Sample is of passing cars on the highway (notice that pausing the video you can actually see details on the passing vehicles @ roughly 125MPH) (My speed 65mph + the passing vehicles 60+mph)

Sample Video O2 36FPSYoutube

Video Sample MP4 fileOmniaRom link

Edited by lambi1982

Guest Steel Reign
Here is a sample from My O2 @ 1Ghz

I was able to capture 36.4 FPS @ 720x480

Sample is of passing cars on the highway (notice that pausing the video you can actually see details on the passing vehicles @ roughly 125MPH) (My speed 65mph + the passing vehicles 60+mph)

Sample Video O2 36FPS

Would you mind posting that on youtube? I have to login to that site >.<

Guest lambi1982
Kindly guide step by step , can anybody attached the folder?

How to overclock:

Run Fpu enabler

goto oc settings folder under the start menu and select steels settings

run s3clock

run fpu enabler again(if s3clock doesnt freeze the phone)

if it freezes the phone goto the oc settings directory and run apl 900mh and CPU 980mhz, and if it freezes again keep stepping down the cpu. If it freezes with both speeds at 900mhz let me know and ill put in a lower apll script.

here you go: Remember you take full responsibility for anything you do to your phone ;)

Steel_inc.rar

Edited by lambi1982

Guest lambi1982
Would you mind posting that on youtube? I have to login to that site >.<

updated link

Not sure if youtube is going to take away some of the quality and frames

Edited by lambi1982

Guest Mastertwiz

Lambi,

You're getting stable performance at those OC settings on a 6.5.5 build right? I can't get up to 1ghz on a 6.5 build without SNAP CRACKLE POP - CRASH.

Guest lambi1982
Lambi,

You're getting stable performance at those OC settings on a 6.5.5 build right? I can't get up to 1ghz on a 6.5 build without SNAP CRACKLE POP - CRASH.

Im testing a beta that is OS 5.2.21899 build 21905.5.90

pretty sure its just 6.5

Is it crashing right away? I have heard that all O2s run at slightly different speeds but to have it crash for most I assume its something with the settings.

I have been running 1ghz clocked for days now with multiple roms and might have reboot a couple times but for the most part it runs great. If there is anything I can do to help anyone figure it out I will share whatever is needed.

Im going to try clocked @ 1.1Ghz maybe I will het 40FPS or maybe it will just explode ;)

Guest daskalos
Im testing a beta that is OS 5.2.21899 build 21905.5.90

pretty sure its just 6.5

Is it crashing right away? I have heard that all O2s run at slightly different speeds but to have it crash for most I assume its something with the settings.

I have been running 1ghz clocked for days now with multiple roms and might have reboot a couple times but for the most part it runs great. If there is anything I can do to help anyone figure it out I will share whatever is needed.

Im going to try clocked @ 1.1Ghz maybe I will het 40FPS or maybe it will just explode ;)

What's your performance setting? low, normal, auto or high

S3Clock "real" scaling is disabled when performance is at normal.... You might get a 1Ghz reading from S3Clock but in reality it's not running at that speed

Guest lambi1982
What's your performance setting? low, normal, auto or high

S3Clock "real" scaling is disabled when performance is at normal.... You might get a 1Ghz reading from S3Clock but in reality it's not running at that speed

I always run at high, Crashed when set to any other.

I know 100% that the frequency is boosted or else I wouldnt be getting a 30% boost in perfomance. Menus are faster, videos record better, the phone is just all around better.

I couldnt be 100% about the actual speed though, I am just going by S3's reading for that.

Guest daskalos
I always run at high, Crashed when set to any other.

I know 100% that the frequency is boosted or else I wouldnt be getting a 30% boost in perfomance. Menus are faster, videos record better, the phone is just all around better.

I couldnt be 100% about the actual speed though, I am just going by S3's reading for that.

Ok can you try my simple app that collaborates with S3Clock and FPU Enabler

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...sy-set-s3clock/

Guest lambi1982

I installed and followed the directions, I was not able to see any changes in S3clock when selecting speeds.

Installed to device, started the app ran FPU patch, selected desired speed, opened S3clock and it was still a 1Ghz.

maybe the settings I had originally stuck in there I will try it on a fresh flash.

*edit* opened it again and changes are set. I will test it a bit more....Nice app bro :(

BTW 350Mhz is awesome ;) nice 8FPS video recording.

I noticed that your 1Ghz settings are not the same as Steel's, his MPL is set to 460x0.05=230 and yours is 272x0.05=136

I wonder if this makes the difference for phones locking up.

@ your 1Ghz setting camera maxes out at 29.5 FPS while Steels I have 36FPS

Edited by lambi1982

Guest amdzero
I installed and followed the directions, I was not able to see any changes in S3clock when selecting speeds.

Installed to device, started the app ran FPU patch, selected desired speed, opened S3clock and it was still a 1Ghz.

maybe the settings I had originally stuck in there I will try it on a fresh flash.

*edit* opened it again and changes are set. I will test it a bit more....Nice app bro :(

BTW 350Mhz is awesome ;) nice 8FPS video recording.

I noticed that your 1Ghz settings are not the same as Steel's, his MPL is set to 460x0.05=230 and yours is 272x0.05=136

I wonder if this makes the difference for phones locking up.

@ your 1Ghz setting camera maxes out at 29.5 FPS while Steels I have 36FPS

8FPS thats craptastic!

Guest iScream^
How are you getting your GHZ reading,SKtools ??

Thanks..

;) :(

He said he's reading it with S3Clock.

Do you think these settings and files would work on an i8000 GSM? I couldn't get more than 950MHz out of it by myself yet.

Edited by iScream^

Guest lambi1982
He said he's reading it with S3Clock.

Do you think these settings and files would work on an i8000 GSM? I couldn't get more than 950MHz out of it by myself yet.

file from post #29

This is what I use, make sure to use click on steels settings mortscript file before starting S3clock.

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

I wish others can get it to work, i tried it in the 950 range and 1ghz is still smoother.

I play high quality vids on core player and it plays slow and pauses at normal speeds and when boosted to 1ghz the video plays without a glitch. Really is working like the omnia Should.

Can someone who's phone locks up @ 1ghz post the files you use including the settings so I can see if mine will freeze too, thanks

Guest amdzero
file from post #29

This is what I use, make sure to use click on steels settings mortscript file before starting S3clock.

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

I wish others can get it to work, i tried it in the 950 range and 1ghz is still smoother.

I play high quality vids on core player and it plays slow and pauses at normal speeds and when boosted to 1ghz the video plays without a glitch. Really is working like the omnia Should.

Can someone who's phone locks up @ 1ghz post the files you use including the settings so I can see if mine will freeze too, thanks

why are you running core player for your hq vids? does touch player not support them?

you know touch player uses drivers that actually use the video chip better.

Guest lambi1982
why are you running core player for your hq vids? does touch player not support them?

you know touch player uses drivers that actually use the video chip better.

I know this, I like to see the software do the encoding for my tests, also coreplayer shows video details (how I know the FPS) also I like to see how the videos benchmark.

TCPMP also is useful for this ;)

oh yeah and the other thing is being able to open whichever video I like, something touch player does not do.

1.02Ghz seems to be the point at which my O2 does some wacky things with the GPU. Also wanted to point out that increasing the settings I also noticed an increase in brightness of the oled, got super bright at the 1.02Ghz settings.(very very vivid, but maybe not safe)

Now that we kinda know that the FPS is linked to the clock cycles I wonder if we could modify the camera drivers to shoot faster by default?

Edited by lambi1982

Guest daskalos
I know this, I like to see the software do the encoding for my tests, also coreplayer shows video details (how I know the FPS) also I like to see how the videos benchmark.

TCPMP also is useful for this ;)

oh yeah and the other thing is being able to open whichever video I like, something touch player does not do.

1.02Ghz seems to be the point at which my O2 does some wacky things with the GPU. Also wanted to point out that increasing the settings I also noticed an increase in brightness of the oled, got super bright at the 1.02Ghz settings.(very very vivid, but maybe not safe)

Now that we kinda know that the FPS is linked to the clock cycles I wonder if we could modify the camera drivers to shoot faster by default?

Is your device the O2 CDMA version?

Guest iScream^
file from post #29

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Can u tell me what FPU enabler exactly does? Because S3clock(neither after setting the CPU speed to 1GHz with steel's settings) didn't freeze the phone, I could run FPUEnabler again, but I couldn't get to the homescreen. Does this mean it can run 1GHz stable somehow, or do I need to set the freqs a little bit back?

Btw, does S3Clock keep the settings after an SR? My Sense seems to run much more flawlessly after SRing now than it seemed to before OCing.

Edit: S3Clock freezes the phone now. ;) Trying 980MHz.

Edited by iScream^

Guest lambi1982
Can u tell me what FPU enabler exactly does? Because S3clock(neither after setting the CPU speed to 1GHz with steel's settings) didn't freeze the phone, I could run FPUEnabler again, but I couldn't get to the homescreen. Does this mean it can run 1GHz stable somehow, or do I need to set the freqs a little bit back?

Btw, does S3Clock keep the settings after an SR? My Sense seems to run much more flawlessly after SRing now than it seemed to before OCing.

Edit: S3Clock freezes the phone now. ;) Trying 980MHz.

Make sure you are set to high (performance)

run fpu first, then s3. after SR you have to do it again. You don't have to keep selecting steels file though, that stays in registry.

Edited by lambi1982