32fps video recording on Omnia 2

Guest NuclearEMP

Guest lambi1982

Just wanted to let you guys know that when using s3clock and Steel Reigns setting (overclock setting from his rom )clocked @ 1Ghz you can achieve 31-32fps video recording.

Video plays very smooth compared to the 25fps with standard clock speeds.

Anyone else running @ 900Mhz-1Ghz on O2 Please try this out.

*Edit* These settings are also being used on a different Rom running Sense (Not the one from the rom link)

Edited by lambi1982

Guest JohnJayJrV
Just wanted to let you guys know that when using s3clock and Steel Reigns setting (overclock setting from his rom )clocked @ 1Ghz you can achieve 31-32fps video recording.

Video plays very smooth compared to the 25fps with standard clock speeds.

Anyone else running @ 900Mhz-1Ghz on O2 Please try this out.

*Edit* These settings are also being used on a different Rom running Sense (Not the one from the rom link)

What MPL and APL settings are you using?

jv

Guest Mastertwiz
What MPL and APL settings are you using?

jv

+1

I'm not running Steel's rom, but please let us know the exact APL and MPL levels you're running at when getting 30+ fps. I usually don't mess with MPL (266), and I'm hoping APL 950 (475) will get to where you're at.

Guest Steel Reign
+1

I'm not running Steel's rom, but please let us know the exact APL and MPL levels you're running at when getting 30+ fps. I usually don't mess with MPL (266), and I'm hoping APL 950 (475) will get to where you're at.

the apll is at 500, mpll 460

Guest Mastertwiz
the apll is at 500, mpll 460

Thanks for the sweet ROM, and the quick response.

By the way, has it been confirmed that overclocking the MPL is safe? I know APL controls the CPU frequency, but I thought MPL was associated with other items like USB port, LED Display, Camera, etc.

Guest Steel Reign
Thanks for the sweet ROM, and the quick response.

By the way, has it been confirmed that overclocking the MPL is safe? I know APL controls the CPU frequency, but I thought MPL was associated with other items like USB port, LED Display, Camera, etc.

I've been overclocking the mpl for awhile now(about 6 months) and it seems pretty safe to me.

Guest Steel Reign
hey steel reign have you found the cab file for s3clock?

I have the exe.. thats all I can find lol I had to cook it in myself

Guest lambi1982

only problem I get once in a while is a crash with active sync(only when I access the windows folder ;) ), but all other hardware runs very smooth.

like steel said, APL 500 and MPL 460 not sure if it makes a difference but EPL stays at 96 using S3Clock v1.01

Steel I also used you folders from your Rom for overclocking , I have been able to get steady 35.6 fps today.

The way I set it up is(not sure if this step does anything but I double click on Steels settings mortscriptdile) then run FPUenabler then when that is running I run s3clock and click set CPU speed (even if its already set) also click the auto box then the camera does what its supposed to.

I'll post a vid in a few.

Guest Steel Reign
only problem I get once in a while is a crash with active sync(only when I access the windows folder ;) ), but all other hardware runs very smooth.

like steel said, APL 500 and MPL 460 not sure if it makes a difference but EPL stays at 96 using S3Clock v1.01

Steel I also used you folders from your Rom for overclocking , I have been able to get steady 35.6 fps today.

The way I set it up is(not sure if this step does anything but I double click on Steels settings mortscriptdile) then run FPUenabler then when that is running I run s3clock and click set CPU speed (even if its already set) also click the auto box then the camera does what its supposed to.

I'll be releasing a script that will automatically select the best settings for you, will click everything for you, so you just click on the aplpication and it works.

Guest amdzero

I've used this works good, my apl can't be higher than 475, as it freezes. but still 950MHz is a nice boost!

Guest lambi1982
I've used this works good, my apl can't be higher than 475, as it freezes. but still 950MHz is a nice boost!

Zero what FPS fo you get at 950?? Also make sure the performance is set to high ( noticed hangs if set to Low or Auto)

to Steel: Does the auto version still require FPUenabler?

Guest lambi1982
Yep, but it automatically starts fpuenabler

Does MPL affect all other hardware other than CPU??

What is the default MPL of the O2?

Guest Steel Reign
Does MPL affect all other hardware other than CPU??

What is the default MPL of the O2?

I'll get back to you on that one, as I don't honestly remember lol but next time i flash i'll look.

Guest amdzero
Zero what FPS fo you get at 950?? Also make sure the performance is set to high ( noticed hangs if set to Low or Auto)

to Steel: Does the auto version still require FPUenabler?

you know I don't know, I'll have to check that out (AFTER I get this stupid my beta ROM to boot!)

Guest NikAhmad

Kindly guide step by step , can anybody attached the folder?

Guest JohnJayJrV

I've asked this in other overclocking threads but never got an answer. Can you guys run samsungs phone book when fpuenabler and s3clock are running?

jv

Guest Steel Reign
I've asked this in other overclocking threads but never got an answer. Can you guys run samsungs phone book when fpuenabler and s3clock are running?

jv

Yessir, its running right now for me.

Guest JohnJayJrV
Yessir, its running right now for me.

Damn. I wonder why it won't run for me. Can you post your seccontact.exe file? Do you know what other file(s) that program uses?

jv