Ok well I downloaded according to the links..... I have a question though.....
NOt knowing if the file at the thread link for the 2d/3d drivers under that download from rapidshare..... should I rename the downloaded file to o2b2 as well it downloaded only as o2update.tar.gz
I did rename said file and copy it over to the 'My Storage Directory' with everything else.
I Was able to run HAret and got to a rapidly scrolling boot sequence. ALthough it did end witha KErnel Panic. and no install....
[7.322486] No filesystem could mount root, tried; ext3 ext2 ext4 cramfs vfat msdos romfs
[7.337110] Kernal Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount rootfs on unknown-block(179,10)
|====== I guess this is a time stamp?
I do have a blank sd in and am making sure it (the archive and files) is the only thing in the my storage directory.
First step: first linux boot and INSTALL
after unrarring and copying the files ..
run haret.exe from /MyStorage/beta
this boots linux and an install script which:
- mounts the SD card and tries to shrink the FAT partition on it
- makes a ext2 partition and unpacks the Android root filesystem on the ext2 part on the SD card.
it is good to check if this step is done correctly:
- your fat space has to be 1Gb smaller, with a partitionmgr you should see an extra ext2 partition on SD
- if you run the installer again the FAT doesn't shrink anymore, the install script detects the ext2 part and formats it to install rootfs
- there could be a log file on mystorage or sdcard, but dont know the name ...
- on a normal install the aprox 10 lines before the kernelpanic are good to check, the install script logs about if the partitioning and copying of the root fs is succeeded or not.
it could be possible the kernel panic comes before the install script makes the sd card install ... thats why the lines before are good to check.
dont know what timestap is normal for normal install, i have to reinstall my android to see :-(
second STEP: second linux boot and first Android boot
this is beta2, so update file with 2d/3d libs has to be called o2b2
on first Android boot this update file is loaded, and when executed ok it is deleted.
so if the file disappears after Android boot all is ok.
to boot android from SD card you need to run haret.exe from /MyStorage/
first you see the same as install, but you see different messages when android boots
during this messages the usb/adb interface should be life, so on windows you see an "unknown hardware detected" popup if you have the usb cable connected.
if all goes well you see the android logo with a nightrider effect ;-)
if all goes well you see a lockscreen
I am curious if you arrive at this point with the modified beta2 from this thread.